Assessing the sustainability challenges for electricity industries in ASEAN newly industrialising countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stirling, Andrew, 1994. "Diversity and ignorance in electricity supply investment : Addressing the solution rather than the problem," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 195-216, March.
- Grubb, Michael & Butler, Lucy & Twomey, Paul, 2006.
"Diversity and security in UK electricity generation: The influence of low-carbon objectives,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 4050-4062, December.
- Grubb, M. & Butler, L. & Sinden, G., 2005. "Diversity and Security in UK Electricity Generation: The Influence of Low Carbon Objectives," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0511, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lidula, N.W.A. & Mithulananthan, N. & Ongsakul, W. & Widjaya, C. & Henson, R., 2007. "ASEAN towards clean and sustainable energy: Potentials, utilization and barriers," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1441-1452.
- Shimon Awerbuch, 2006. "Portfolio-Based Electricity Generation Planning: Policy Implications For Renewables And Energy Security," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 693-710, May.
- Tsai, Wen-Tien, 2010. "Energy sustainability from analysis of sustainable development indicators: A case study in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2131-2138, September.
- Streimikiene, Dalia, 2007. "Monitoring of energy supply sustainability in the Baltic Sea region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1658-1674, March.
- Vera, Ivan & Langlois, Lucille, 2007. "Energy indicators for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 875-882.
- Adil Najam & Cutler Cleveland, 2003. "Energy and Sustainable Development at Global Environmental Summits: An Evolving Agenda," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 117-138, March.
- Wamukonya, Njeri, 2003. "Power sector reform in developing countries: mismatched agendas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1273-1289, September.
- Onat, Nevzat & Bayar, Haydar, 2010. "The sustainability indicators of power production systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3108-3115, December.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Blyth, Will & MacGill, Iain & Howells, Mark, 2011. "Interactions between energy security and climate change: A focus on developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3750-3756, June.
- Streimikiene, Dalia & Ciegis, Remigijus & Grundey, Dainora, 2007. "Energy indicators for sustainable development in Baltic States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 877-893, June.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2012. "A Monte Carlo based decision-support tool for assessing generation portfolios in future carbon constrained electricity industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 374-392.
- Nakawiro, Thanawat & Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2007. "High gas dependence for power generation in Thailand: The vulnerability analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3335-3346, June.
- Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceno-Garmendia, 2010.
"Africa's Infrastructure : A Time for Transformation
[Infrastructures africaines]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2692.
- Karki, Shankar K. & Mann, Michael D. & Salehfar, Hossein, 2005. "Energy and environment in the ASEAN: challenges and opportunities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 499-509, March.
- Kemmler, Andreas & Spreng, Daniel, 2007. "Energy indicators for tracking sustainability in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2466-2480, April.
- Evans, Annette & Strezov, Vladimir & Evans, Tim J., 2009. "Assessment of sustainability indicators for renewable energy technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1082-1088, June.
- Neves, Ana Rita & Leal, Vítor, 2010. "Energy sustainability indicators for local energy planning: Review of current practices and derivation of a new framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2723-2735, December.
- Jafar, Abdul Hamid & Al-Amin, Abul Quasem & Siwar, Chamhuri, 2008. "Environmental impact of alternative fuel mix in electricity generation in Malaysia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 2229-2235.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martchamadol, Jutamanee & Kumar, S., 2013. "An aggregated energy security performance indicator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 653-670.
- Ahmed, Tofael & Mekhilef, Saad & Shah, Rakibuzzaman & Mithulananthan, N. & Seyedmahmoudian, Mehdi & Horan, Ben, 2017. "ASEAN power grid: A secure transmission infrastructure for clean and sustainable energy for South-East Asia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1420-1435.
- Yang, Yuying & Li, Jianping & Sun, Xiaolei & Chen, Jianming, 2014. "Measuring external oil supply risk: A modified diversification index with country risk and potential oil exports," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 930-938.
- Sarangi, Gopal K. & Mishra, Arabinda & Chang, Youngho & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad, 2019. "Indian electricity sector, energy security and sustainability: An empirical assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Sharma, Tarun & Balachandra, P., 2015. "Benchmarking sustainability of Indian electricity system: An indicator approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 206-220.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2012. "Portfolio assessments for future generation investment in newly industrializing countries – A case study of Thailand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1044-1058.
- Su, Meirong & Zhang, Mingqi & Lu, Weiwei & Chang, Xin & Chen, Bin & Liu, Gengyuan & Hao, Yan & Zhang, Yan, 2017. "ENA-based evaluation of energy supply security: Comparison between the Chinese crude oil and natural gas supply systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 888-899.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2013. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of grid-connected solar PV in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 315-324.
- Khorasanizadeh, Hasti & Parkkinen, Jussi & Parthiban, Rajendran & David Moore, Joel, 2015. "Energy and economic benefits of LED adoption in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 629-637.
- Monfared, Mohammad & Golestan, Saeed, 2012. "Control strategies for single-phase grid integration of small-scale renewable energy sources: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4982-4993.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainability; Electricity industries in ASEAN; Energy objectives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:4:p:2217-2233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.