Multi-objective optimization of a multiregional electricity system in an archipelagic state: The role of renewable energy in energy system sustainability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martchamadol, Jutamanee & Kumar, S., 2013. "An aggregated energy security performance indicator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 653-670.
- Maxim, Alexandru, 2014. "Sustainability assessment of electricity generation technologies using weighted multi-criteria decision analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 284-297.
- Hui, Jingxuan & Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Ye, Minhua, 2017. "Analyzing the penetration barriers of clean generation technologies in China’s power sector using a multi-region optimization model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1809-1820.
- Martchamadol, Jutamanee & Kumar, S., 2012. "Thailand's energy security indicators," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 6103-6122.
- Kruyt, Bert & van Vuuren, D.P. & de Vries, H.J.M. & Groenenberg, H., 2009. "Indicators for energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2166-2181, June.
- Yi, Bo-Wen & Xu, Jin-Hua & Fan, Ying, 2016. "Inter-regional power grid planning up to 2030 in China considering renewable energy development and regional pollutant control: A multi-region bottom-up optimization model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 641-658.
- Tsai, Wen-Tien, 2010. "Energy sustainability from analysis of sustainable development indicators: A case study in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2131-2138, September.
- Poullikkas, Andreas & Kourtis, George & Hadjipaschalis, Ioannis, 2011. "A hybrid model for the optimum integration of renewable technologies in power generation systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 926-935, February.
- Yudha Prambudia & Masaru Nakano, 2012. "Integrated Simulation Model for Energy Security Evaluation," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(12), pages 1-25, December.
- Onat, Nevzat & Bayar, Haydar, 2010. "The sustainability indicators of power production systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3108-3115, December.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Alcocer, Yuri & Bahn, Olivier & Fertel, Camille & Frenette, Erik & Garbouj, Hichem & Kanudia, Amit & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Marcy, Mathilde & Neji, Yosra & Waaub,, 2014. "A Canadian 2050 energy outlook: Analysis with the multi-regional model TIMES-Canada," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 56-65.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2013. "An international assessment of energy security performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 148-158.
- Guo, Zheng & Ma, Linwei & Liu, Pei & Jones, Ian & Li, Zheng, 2016. "A multi-regional modelling and optimization approach to China's power generation and transmission planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P2), pages 1348-1359.
- Chen, Yizhong & Lu, Hongwei & Li, Jing & Huang, Guohe & He, Li, 2016. "Regional planning of new-energy systems within multi-period and multi-option contexts: A case study of Fengtai, Beijing, China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 356-372.
- Kemmler, Andreas & Spreng, Daniel, 2007. "Energy indicators for tracking sustainability in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2466-2480, April.
- Cong, Rong-Gang, 2013. "An optimization model for renewable energy generation and its application in China: A perspective of maximum utilization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 94-103.
- Moura, Pedro S. & de Almeida, Aníbal T., 2010. "Multi-objective optimization of a mixed renewable system with demand-side management," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1461-1468, June.
- McDonald, Alan & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2001. "Learning rates for energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 255-261, March.
- Zhang, Qi & Mclellan, Benjamin C. & Tezuka, Tetsuo & Ishihara, Keiichi N., 2013. "An integrated model for long-term power generation planning toward future smart electricity systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1424-1437.
- Jovanovic, Marina & Turanjanin, Valentina & Bakic, Vukman & Pezo, Milada & Vucicevic, Biljana, 2011. "Sustainability estimation of energy system options that use gas and renewable resources for domestic hot water production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2169-2175.
- Zhang, Qi & Mclellan, Benjamin C. & Tezuka, Tetsuo & Ishihara, Keiichi N., 2012. "Economic and environmental analysis of power generation expansion in Japan considering Fukushima nuclear accident using a multi-objective optimization model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 986-995.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2013. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of grid-connected solar PV in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 315-324.
- Begić, Fajik & Afgan, Naim H., 2007. "Sustainability assessment tool for the decision making in selection of energy system—Bosnian case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1979-1985.
- Collantes, Gustavo O, 2007. "Incorporating stakeholders' perspectives into models of new technology diffusion: The case of fuel-cell vehicles," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt9bm1w968, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Vera, Ivan & Langlois, Lucille, 2007. "Energy indicators for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 875-882.
- Guo, Zheng & Cheng, Rui & Xu, Zhaofeng & Liu, Pei & Wang, Zhe & Li, Zheng & Jones, Ian & Sun, Yong, 2017. "A multi-region load dispatch model for the long-term optimum planning of China’s electricity sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 556-572.
- Saha, Pranesh Chandra, 2003. "Sustainable energy development: a challenge for Asia and the Pacific region in the 21st century," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1051-1059, September.
- Afgan, Naim H. & Carvalho, Maria G. & Hovanov, Nikolai V., 2000. "Energy system assessment with sustainability indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 603-612, July.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2015. "A multi-period, multi-regional generation expansion planning model incorporating unit commitment constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 310-331.
- Prebeg, Pero & Gasparovic, Goran & Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven, 2016. "Long-term energy planning of Croatian power system using multi-objective optimization with focus on renewable energy and integration of electric vehicles," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1493-1507.
- Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia & Ruiz-Mendoza, Belizza Janet & Rodríguez-Padilla, Víctor, 2012. "Mexican energy policy and sustainability indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 278-283.
- Wei, Max & Patadia, Shana & Kammen, Daniel M., 2010. "Putting renewables and energy efficiency to work: How many jobs can the clean energy industry generate in the US?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 919-931, February.
- Muis, Z.A. & Hashim, H. & Manan, Z.A. & Taha, F.M. & Douglas, P.L., 2010. "Optimal planning of renewable energy-integrated electricity generation schemes with CO2 reduction target," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2562-2570.
- Chang, Ching-Ter, 2015. "Multi-choice goal programming model for the optimal location of renewable energy facilities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 379-389.
- Erahman, Qodri Febrilian & Purwanto, Widodo Wahyu & Sudibandriyo, Mahmud & Hidayatno, Akhmad, 2016. "An assessment of Indonesia's energy security index and comparison with seventy countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 364-376.
- Aboumahboub, Tino & Schaber, Katrin & Wagner, Ulrich & Hamacher, Thomas, 2012. "On the CO2 emissions of the global electricity supply sector and the influence of renewable power-modeling and optimization," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 297-314.
- Purwanto, Widodo Wahyu & Pratama, Yoga Wienda & Nugroho, Yulianto Sulistyo & Warjito, & Hertono, Gatot Fatwanto & Hartono, Djoni & Deendarlianto, & Tezuka, Tetsuo, 2015. "Multi-objective optimization model for sustainable Indonesian electricity system: Analysis of economic, environment, and adequacy of energy sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 308-318.
- Streimikiene, Dalia & Siksnelyte, Indre, 2016. "Sustainability assessment of electricity market models in selected developed world countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 72-82.
- Ang, B.W. & Choong, W.L. & Ng, T.S., 2015. "Energy security: Definitions, dimensions and indexes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1077-1093.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Kopanos, Georgios M. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2014. "A spatial multi-period long-term energy planning model: A case study of the Greek power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 456-482.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atabaki, Mohammad Saeid & Aryanpur, Vahid, 2018. "Multi-objective optimization for sustainable development of the power sector: An economic, environmental, and social analysis of Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 493-507.
- Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Malekpoor, Hanif & Mishra, Nishikant & Lettice, Fiona & Choudhary, Sonal, 2019. "Sustainable resource allocation for power generation: The role of big data in enabling interindustry architectural innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 381-393.
- Lin, Zhongwei & Chen, Zhenyu & Wu, Qiuwei & Yang, Shuo & Meng, Hongmin, 2018. "Coordinated pitch & torque control of large-scale wind turbine based on Pareto efficiency analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 812-825.
- Lin, Zhongwei & Chen, Zhenyu & Liu, Jizhen & Wu, Qiuwei, 2019. "Coordinated mechanical loads and power optimization of wind energy conversion systems with variable-weight model predictive control strategy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 307-317.
More about this item
KeywordsMulti-objective optimization; Multiregional; Renewable energy; Electricity system; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:423-439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.