Putting renewables and energy efficiency to work: How many jobs can the clean energy industry generate in the US?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M., 2007. "Engineering, institutions, and the public interest: Evaluating product quality in the Kenyan solar photovoltaics industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2960-2968, May.
- Lehr, Ulrike & Nitsch, Joachim & Kratzat, Marlene & Lutz, Christian & Edler, Dietmar, 2008. "Renewable energy and employment in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 108-117, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luigi Aldieri & Jonas Grafström & Kristoffer Sundström & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2019. "Wind Power and Job Creation," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Bohlmann, H.R. & Horridge, J.M. & Inglesi-Lotz, R. & Roos, E.L. & Stander, L., 2019. "Regional employment and economic growth effects of South Africa’s transition to low-carbon energy supply mix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 830-837.
- Duscha, Vicki & Fougeyrollas, Arnaud & Nathani, Carsten & Pfaff, Matthias & Ragwitz, Mario & Resch, Gustav & Schade, Wolfgang & Breitschopf, Barbara & Walz, Rainer, 2016. "Renewable energy deployment in Europe up to 2030 and the aim of a triple dividend," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 314-323.
- Ortega, Margarita & del Río, Pablo & Montero, Eduardo A., 2013. "Assessing the benefits and costs of renewable electricity. The Spanish case," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 294-304.
- Lehr, Ulrike & Lutz, Christian & Edler, Dietmar, 2012.
"Green jobs? Economic impacts of renewable energy in Germany,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 358-364.
- Ulrike Lehr & Ulrike Lehr & Christian Lutz, 2011. "Green Jobs? Economic impacts of renewable energy in Germany," EcoMod2011 2791, EcoMod.
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco & Paglialunga, Elena, 2018.
"The employment impact of private and public actions for energy efficiency: Evidence from European industries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 250-267.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga, 2017. "The Employment Impact Of Private And Public Actions For Energy Efficiency: Evidence From European Industries," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0227, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Muhammad Haseeb & Irwan Shah Zainal Abidin & Qazi Muhammad Adnan Hye & Nira Hariyatie Hartani, 2019. "The Impact of Renewable Energy on Economic Well-Being of Malaysia: Fresh Evidence from Auto Regressive Distributed Lag Bound Testing Approach," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(1), pages 269-275.
- Mostafaeipour, Ali, 2010. "Productivity and development issues of global wind turbine industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1048-1058, April.
- Ondraczek, Janosch, 2013.
"The sun rises in the east (of Africa): A comparison of the development and status of solar energy markets in Kenya and Tanzania,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 407-417.
- Janosch Ondraczek, 2011. "The Sun Rises in the East (of Africa): A Comparison of the Development and Status of the Solar Energy Markets in Kenya and Tanzania," Working Papers FNU-195, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised 04 Mar 2011.
- Janosch Ondraczek, 2012. "The Sun Rises in the East (of Africa): A Comparison of the Development and Status of the Solar Energy Markets in Kenya and Tanzania," Working Papers FNU-197, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised 27 Jan 2012.
- Mabee, Warren E. & Mannion, Justine & Carpenter, Tom, 2012. "Comparing the feed-in tariff incentives for renewable electricity in Ontario and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 480-489.
- Markus Flaute & Anett Großmann & Christian Lutz & Anne Nieters, 2017. "Macroeconomic Effects of Prosumer Households in Germany," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 146-155.
- Arvanitopoulos, T. & Agnolucci, P., 2020. "The long-term effect of renewable electricity on employment in the United Kingdom," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Auer, Benjamin R., 2016. "How does Germany's green energy policy affect electricity market volatility? An application of conditional autoregressive range models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 621-628.
- Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Chen, Jining & Wang, Siqiang, 2011. "Green economy and green jobs: Myth or reality? The case of China’s power generation sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5994-6003.
- Jinwon Bae & Sandy Dall'erba, 2016. "The economic impact of a new solar power plant in Arizona: Comparing the input-output results generated by JEDI vs. IMPLAN," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1-2), pages 61-73, March.
- Dr. Christian Lutz & Dr. Markus Flaute & Dr. Ulrike Lehr & Dr. Kirsten Svenja Wiebe, 2015. "Economic impacts of renewable power generation technologies and the role of endogenous technological change," GWS Discussion Paper Series 15-9, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Baer, Paul & Brown, Marilyn A. & Kim, Gyungwon, 2015. "The job generation impacts of expanding industrial cogeneration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 141-153.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Pade, Lise Lotte & Schröder, Sascha Thorsten & Kitzing, Lena, 2014.
"Cooperation mechanisms to achieve EU renewable targets,"
Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 345-352.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Hansen, Lise-Lotte P & Schröder, Sascha T & Kitzing, Lena, 2012. "Cooperation mechanisms to achieve EU renewable targets," MPRA Paper 41400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raitano, Michele & Romano, Eleonora & Zoppoli, Pietro, 2017. "Renewable energy sources in Italy: Sectorial intensity and effects on earnings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 117-127.
More about this item
KeywordsGreen jobs Renewable energy employment Energy efficiency employment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:2:p:919-931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.