Power sector reform in developing countries: mismatched agendas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tishler, Asher & Woo, Chi-Keung & Lloyd, Debra, 2002. "Reforming Israel's electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 347-353, March.
- Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny, 2000. "Utility privatization and the needs of the poor in Latin America - Have we learned enough to get it right?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2407, The World Bank.
- Robert Bacon, 1995. "Lessons from Power Sector Reform in England and Wales," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11651, The World Bank.
- Ferguson, Ross & Wilkinson, William & Hill, Robert, 2000. "Electricity use and economic development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 923-934, November.
- Norlander, Gerald A., 2001. "Disconnected Policymakers, , , , ," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 22-30.
- Plane, Patrick, 1999. "Privatization, Technical Efficiency and Welfare Consequences: The Case of the Cote d'Ivoire Electricity Company (CIE)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 343-360, February.
- Li, Binsheng & Dorian, James P, 1995. "Change in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 619-626, July.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Heintzelman, Martin, 2000. "Electricity Restructuring: Consequences and Opportunities for the Environment," Discussion Papers dp-00-39, Resources For the Future.
- Margaret Wilson, 1998. "Reforming the Russian Electricity Sector," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11556, The World Bank.
- Turkson, John & Wohlgemuth, Norbert, 2001. "Power sector reform and distributed generation in sub-Saharan Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 135-145, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amobi, Marilyn Chikaodili, 2007. "Deregulating the electricity industry in Nigeria: Lessons from the British reform," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 291-304, December.
- Haselip, James & Hilson, Gavin, 2005. "Winners and losers from industry reforms in the developing world: experiences from the electricity and mining sectors," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 87-100, June.
- Rehman, I.H. & Kar, Abhishek & Banerjee, Manjushree & Kumar, Preeth & Shardul, Martand & Mohanty, Jeevan & Hossain, Ijaz, 2012. "Understanding the political economy and key drivers of energy access in addressing national energy access priorities and policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 27-37.
- Karatayev, Marat & Clarke, Michèle L., 2016. "A review of current energy systems and green energy potential in Kazakhstan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 491-504.
- Sanya Carley & Sameeksha Desai & Morgan Bazilian, 2012. "Energy-Based Economic Development: Mapping the Developing Country Context," Working Papers 2012.25, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nagayama, Hiroaki, 2010. "Impacts on investments, and transmission/distribution loss through power sector reforms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3453-3467, July.
- Kale, Rajesh V. & Pohekar, Sanjay D., 2012. "Electricity demand supply analysis: Current status and future prospects for Maharashtra, India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3960-3966.
- Singh, Anoop, 2006. "Power sector reform in India: current issues and prospects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2480-2490, November.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2005.
"Energy market reforms in Turkey: An economic analysis,"
26929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2007. "Regulatory Reform in Turkish Energy Industry: An analysis," MPRA Paper 19100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Witold J. Henisz & Bennet A. Zelner & Mauro F. Guillen, 2004. "International Coercion, Emulation and Policy Diffusion: Market-Oriented Infrastructure Reforms, 1977-1999," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-713, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sarbassov, Yerbol & Kerimray, Aiymgul & Tokmurzin, Diyar & Tosato, GianCarlo & De Miglio, Rocco, 2013. "Electricity and heating system in Kazakhstan: Exploring energy efficiency improvement paths," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 431-444.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:55-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gualberti, Giorgio & Alves, Luis & Micangeli, Andrea & da Graça Carvalho, Maria, 2009. "Electricity privatizations in Sahel: A U-turn?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4189-4207, November.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2004. "Power sector reform in small island developing states: what role for renewable energy technologies?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 101-127, April.
- Williams, J.H. & Ghanadan, R., 2006. "Electricity reform in developing and transition countries: A reappraisal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 815-844.
- Kashi, Bahman, 2015. "Risk management and the stated investment costs by independent power producers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 660-668.
- Haselip, James & Potter, Clive, 2010. "Post-neoliberal electricity market 're-reforms' in Argentina: Diverging from market prescriptions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1168-1176, February.
- Totare, Ninad P. & Pandit, Shubha, 2010. "Power sector reform in Maharashtra, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7082-7092, November.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:754-763 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gratwick, Katharine Nawaal & Eberhard, Anton, 2008. "Demise of the standard model for power sector reform and the emergence of hybrid power markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3948-3960, October.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F. & Nakawiro, Thanawat, 2012. "Assessing the sustainability challenges for electricity industries in ASEAN newly industrialising countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2217-2233.
- Criqui, Laure & Zérah, Marie-Hélène, 2015. "Lost in transition? Comparing strategies of electricity companies in Delhi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 179-188.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:31:y:2003:i:12:p:1273-1289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .