Power sector reform and distributed generation in sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balzhiser, Richard E., 1996. "Technology--it's only begun to make a difference," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 32-45, May.
- Haugland, Torleif & Ingeberg, Kjetil & Roland, Kjell, 1997. "Price reforms in the power sector : The World Bank's role," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(13), pages 1041-1049, November.
- Girod, Jacques & Percebois, Jacques, 1998. "Reforms in sub-saharan Africa's power industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-32, January.
- Hoff, Thomas E & Wenger, Howard J & Farmer, Brian K, 1996. "Distributed generation : An alternative to electric utility investments in system capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 137-147, February.
- Eleri, Ewah Otu, 1996. "The energy sector in southern Africa : A preliminary survey of post-apartheid challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 113-123, January.
- van der Plas, Robert J & Hankins, Mark, 1998. "Solar electricity in Africa: a reality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 295-305, March.
- Neil Roger, 1999. "Recent Trends in Private Participation in Infrastructure," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11460, The World Bank.
- Dan Berry & Franklin Mixon, 1999. "Multiproduct Outputs and Scale Economies in Electric Power Production: Some New Estimates," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(1), pages 65-76, August.
- Dismukes, David E. & Kleit, Andrew N., 1999. "Cogeneration and electric power industry restructuring," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-166, May.
- Tedmon, C. S. & Roeder, A., 1995. "Technologies for the future global electrical power market--impact of deregulated markets," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(10), pages 60-64, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario, Cuevas, 2007. "A Practical Guide to the Assessment of the Vulnerability of the Non-Financial Private Sector," MPRA Paper 1375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hamilton, Thomas Gerard Adam & Kelly, Scott, 2017. "Low carbon energy scenarios for sub-Saharan Africa: An input-output analysis on the effects of universal energy access and economic growth," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 303-319.
- Ahlborg, Helene & Hammar, Linus, 2014. "Drivers and barriers to rural electrification in Tanzania and Mozambique – Grid-extension, off-grid, and renewable energy technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 117-124.
- Mohammed, Y.S. & Mokhtar, A.S. & Bashir, N. & Saidur, R., 2013. "An overview of agricultural biomass for decentralized rural energy in Ghana," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 15-25.
- repec:ris:apltrx:0318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wamukonya, Njeri, 2003. "Power sector reform in developing countries: mismatched agendas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1273-1289, September.
- Dornan, Matthew, 2014. "Access to electricity in Small Island Developing States of the Pacific: Issues and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 726-735.
- Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2006. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: a time series experience for 17 African countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1106-1114, July.
- Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2005. "Energy demand and economic growth: The African experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 891-903, November.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yazdanie, Mashael & Densing, Martin & Wokaun, Alexander, 2016. "The role of decentralized generation and storage technologies in future energy systems planning for a rural agglomeration in Switzerland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 432-445.
- Ikeme, J. & Ebohon, Obas John, 2005. "Nigeria's electric power sector reform: what should form the key objectives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1213-1221, June.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Hans-Holger Rogner & Abeeku Brew-Hammond & Vivien Foster & Shonali Pachauri & Eric Williams & Mark Howells & Philippe Niyongabo & Lawrence Musaba & Brian Ó Galla, 2011. "Energy Access Scenarios to 2030 for the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2011.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Adams, Samuel & Klobodu, Edem Kwame Mensah & Opoku, Eric Evans Osei, 2016. "Energy consumption, political regime and economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 36-44.
- Iniwasikima D. Poloamina & Ufot Clement Umoh, 2013. "The determinants of electricity access in Sub-Saharan Africa," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 2(4), pages 65-74, December.
- Mandelli, Stefano & Barbieri, Jacopo & Mereu, Riccardo & Colombo, Emanuela, 2016. "Off-grid systems for rural electrification in developing countries: Definitions, classification and a comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1621-1646.
- Chineke, Theo Chidiezie & Ezike, Fabian M., 2010. "Political will and collaboration for electric power reform through renewable energy in Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 678-684, January.
- Nyakundi M. Michieka, 2015. "Short- and Long-Run Analysis of Factors Affecting Electricity Consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 639-646.
- Gustavsson, Mathias & Ellegård, Anders, 2004. "The impact of solar home systems on rural livelihoods. Experiences from the Nyimba Energy Service Company in Zambia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1059-1072.
- Bakos, G.C., 2009. "Distributed power generation: A case study of small scale PV power plant in Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1757-1766, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:29:y:2001:i:2:p:135-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.