Methods and tools for community energy planning: A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M., 2012. "Target for national carbon intensity of energy by 2050: A case study of Poland's energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 575-581.
- Pasimeni, Maria Rita & Petrosillo, Irene & Aretano, Roberta & Semeraro, Teodoro & De Marco, Antonella & Zaccarelli, Nicola & Zurlini, Giovanni, 2014. "Scales, strategies and actions for effective energy planning: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 165-174.
- Ghanadan, Rebecca & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2005. "Using energy scenarios to explore alternative energy pathways in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1117-1142, June.
- Mirakyan, Atom & De Guio, Roland, 2013. "Integrated energy planning in cities and territories: A review of methods and tools," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 289-297.
- Baños, R. & Manzano-Agugliaro, F. & Montoya, F.G. & Gil, C. & Alcayde, A. & Gómez, J., 2011. "Optimization methods applied to renewable and sustainable energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1753-1766, May.
- Lund, Henrik, 2007. "Renewable energy strategies for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 912-919.
- Keirstead, James & Jennings, Mark & Sivakumar, Aruna, 2012. "A review of urban energy system models: Approaches, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3847-3866.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "A review of computer tools for analysing the integration of renewable energy into various energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1059-1082, April.
- Chung, Mo & Park, Hwa-Choon, 2010. "Development of a software package for community energy system assessment – Part I: Building a load estimator," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2767-2776.
- Mehleri, Eugenia D. & Sarimveis, Haralambos & Markatos, Nikolaos C. & Papageorgiou, Lazaros G., 2012. "A mathematical programming approach for optimal design of distributed energy systems at the neighbourhood level," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 96-104.
- Hiremath, R.B. & Shikha, S. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2007. "Decentralized energy planning; modeling and application--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 729-752, June.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M., 2012. "Negative carbon intensity of renewable energy technologies involving biomass or carbon dioxide as inputs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6507-6521.
- Pereira, Iraci Miranda & Assis, Eleonora Sad de, 2013. "Urban energy consumption mapping for energy management," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 257-269.
- Manfren, Massimiliano & Caputo, Paola & Costa, Gaia, 2011. "Paradigm shift in urban energy systems through distributed generation: Methods and models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1032-1048, April.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
- Angelis-Dimakis, Athanasios & Biberacher, Markus & Dominguez, Javier & Fiorese, Giulia & Gadocha, Sabine & Gnansounou, Edgard & Guariso, Giorgio & Kartalidis, Avraam & Panichelli, Luis & Pinedo, Irene, 2011. "Methods and tools to evaluate the availability of renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1182-1200, February.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech Marcin, 2011. "Can ‘negative net CO2 emissions’ from decarbonised biogas-to-electricity contribute to solving Poland’s carbon capture and sequestration dilemmas?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6318-6325.
- Sperling, Karl & Hvelplund, Frede & Mathiesen, Brian Vad, 2011. "Centralisation and decentralisation in strategic municipal energy planning in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1338-1351, March.
- Schneider, Daniel R. & Duić, Neven & Bogdan, Željko, 2007. "Mapping the potential for decentralized energy generation based on renewable energy sources in the Republic of Croatia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1731-1744.
- Cormio, C. & Dicorato, M. & Minoia, A. & Trovato, M., 2003. "A regional energy planning methodology including renewable energy sources and environmental constraints," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 99-130, April.
- Heo, Eunnyeong & Kim, Jinsoo & Boo, Kyung-Jin, 2010. "Analysis of the assessment factors for renewable energy dissemination program evaluation using fuzzy AHP," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2214-2220, October.
- Ozgur Demirta, 2013. "Evaluating the Best Renewable Energy Technology for Sustainable Energy Plannin," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(Special), pages 23-33.
- Mendes, Gonçalo & Ioakimidis, Christos & Ferrão, Paulo, 2011. "On the planning and analysis of Integrated Community Energy Systems: A review and survey of available tools," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4836-4854.
- Phdungsilp, Aumnad, 2010. "Integrated energy and carbon modeling with a decision support system: Policy scenarios for low-carbon city development in Bangkok," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4808-4817, September.
- Yeo, In-Ae & Yoon, Seong-Hwan & Yee, Jurng-Jae, 2013. "Development of an Environment and energy Geographical Information System (E-GIS) construction model to support environmentally friendly urban planning," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 723-739.
- Safaei, Amir & Freire, Fausto & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2013. "A model for optimal energy planning of a commercial building integrating solar and cogeneration systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 211-223.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Zishuo & Yu, Hang & Peng, Zhenwei & Feng, Yifu, 2017. "Planning community energy system in the industry 4.0 era: Achievements, challenges and a potential solution," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 710-721.
- Walker, Shalika & Katic, Katarina & Maassen, Wim & Zeiler, Wim, 2019. "Multi-criteria feasibility assessment of cost-optimized alternatives to comply with heating demand of existing office buildings – A case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Azraff Bin Rozmi, Mohd Daniel & Thirunavukkarasu, Gokul Sidarth & Jamei, Elmira & Seyedmahmoudian, Mehdi & Mekhilef, Saad & Stojcevski, Alex & Horan, Ben, 2019. "Role of immersive visualization tools in renewable energy system development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Walker, Shalika & Labeodan, Timilehin & Boxem, Gert & Maassen, Wim & Zeiler, Wim, 2018. "An assessment methodology of sustainable energy transition scenarios for realizing energy neutral neighborhoods," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2346-2360.
- Klein, Sharon J.W. & Coffey, Stephanie, 2016. "Building a sustainable energy future, one community at a time," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 867-880.
- Hou, Jin & Xu, Peng & Lu, Xing & Pang, Zhihong & Chu, Yiyi & Huang, Gongsheng, 2018. "Implementation of expansion planning in existing district energy system: A case study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 269-281.
- Coelho, Vitor N. & Weiss Cohen, Miri & Coelho, Igor M. & Liu, Nian & Guimarães, Frederico Gadelha, 2017. "Multi-agent systems applied for energy systems integration: State-of-the-art applications and trends in microgrids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 820-832.
- Karunathilake, Hirushie & Hewage, Kasun & Prabatha, Tharindu & Ruparathna, Rajeev & Sadiq, Rehan, 2020. "Project deployment strategies for community renewable energy: A dynamic multi-period planning approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 237-258.
- Köktürk, G. & Tokuç, A., 2017. "Vision for wind energy with a smart grid in Izmir," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 332-345.
- Sivasakthivel, T. & Murugesan, K. & Sahoo, P.K., 2015. "Study of technical, economical and environmental viability of ground source heat pump system for Himalayan cities of India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 452-462.
- Engelken, Maximilian & Römer, Benedikt & Drescher, Marcus & Welpe, Isabell M. & Picot, Arnold, 2016. "Comparing drivers, barriers, and opportunities of business models for renewable energies: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 795-809.
- Mashayekh, Salman & Stadler, Michael & Cardoso, Gonçalo & Heleno, Miguel, 2017. "A mixed integer linear programming approach for optimal DER portfolio, sizing, and placement in multi-energy microgrids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 154-168.
- Huang, Zishuo & Yu, Hang & Chu, Xiangyang & Peng, Zhenwei, 2017. "A goal programming based model system for community energy plan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 893-901.
- Rosso-Cerón, A.M. & Kafarov, V. & Latorre-Bayona, G. & Quijano-Hurtado, R., 2019. "A novel hybrid approach based on fuzzy multi-criteria decision-making tools for assessing sustainable alternatives of power generation in San Andrés Island," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 159-173.
- Soares, N. & Bastos, J. & Pereira, L. Dias & Soares, A. & Amaral, A.R. & Asadi, E. & Rodrigues, E. & Lamas, F.B. & Monteiro, H. & Lopes, M.A.R. & Gaspar, A.R., 2017. "A review on current advances in the energy and environmental performance of buildings towards a more sustainable built environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 845-860.
- Scheller, Fabian & Bruckner, Thomas, 2019. "Energy system optimization at the municipal level: An analysis of modeling approaches and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 444-461.
- Weinand, Jann Michael & Scheller, Fabian & McKenna, Russell, 2020. "Reviewing energy system modelling of decentralized energy autonomy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 203(C).
- Ma, Weiwu & Fang, Song & Liu, Gang & Zhou, Ruoyu, 2017. "Modeling of district load forecasting for distributed energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 181-205.
- Malof, Jordan M. & Bradbury, Kyle & Collins, Leslie M. & Newell, Richard G., 2016. "Automatic detection of solar photovoltaic arrays in high resolution aerial imagery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 229-240.
- Huang, Zishuo & Yu, Hang & Chu, Xiangyang & Peng, Zhenwei, 2018. "A novel optimization model based on game tree for multi-energy conversion systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 109-121.
- Gopisetty, Satya & Treffinger, Peter & Reindl, Leonhard Michael, 2017. "Open-source energy planning tool with easy-to-parameterize components for the conception of polygeneration systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 756-765.
- Ahmad, Tanveer & Huanxin, Chen & Zhang, Dongdong & Zhang, Hongcai, 2020. "Smart energy forecasting strategy with four machine learning models for climate-sensitive and non-climate sensitive conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Coelho, Vitor N. & Coelho, Igor M. & Coelho, Bruno N. & de Oliveira, Glauber C. & Barbosa, Alexandre C. & Pereira, Leo & de Freitas, Alan & Santos, Haroldo G. & Ochi, Luis S. & Guimarães, Frederico G., 2017. "A communitarian microgrid storage planning system inside the scope of a smart city," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 201(C), pages 371-381.
- Kılkış, Şiir, 2015. "Exergy transition planning for net-zero districts," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 515-531.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity energy planning; Tools; Model; Urban planning system; Energy-related indicators;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:42:y:2015:i:c:p:1335-1348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.