A mathematical programming approach for optimal design of distributed energy systems at the neighbourhood level
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papakostas, K. & Kyriakis, N., 2005. "Heating and cooling degree-hours for Athens and Thessaloniki, Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 1873-1880.
- Psiloglou, B.E. & Giannakopoulos, C. & Majithia, S. & Petrakis, M., 2009. "Factors affecting electricity demand in Athens, Greece and London, UK: A comparative assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1855-1863.
- Hawkes, A.D. & Leach, M.A., 2009. "Modelling high level system design and unit commitment for a microgrid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1253-1265, July.
- Dalla Rosa, A. & Christensen, J.E., 2011. "Low-energy district heating in energy-efficient building areas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 6890-6899.
- Obara, Shin’ya, 2007. "Equipment arrangement planning of a fuel cell energy network optimized for cost minimization," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 382-406.
- Rolfsman, Björn, 2004. "Combined heat-and-power plants and district heating in a deregulated electricity market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 37-52, May.
- Weber, C. & Shah, N., 2011. "Optimisation based design of a district energy system for an eco-town in the United Kingdom," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1292-1308.
- Ren, Hongbo & Gao, Weijun & Ruan, Yingjun, 2009. "Economic optimization and sensitivity analysis of photovoltaic system in residential buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 883-889.
- Roberto Aringhieri & Federico Malucelli, 2003. "Optimal Operations Management and Network Planning of a District Heating System with a Combined Heat and Power Plant," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 173-199, April.
- Pengfei, Jie & Neng, Zhu & Wei, Na & Deying, Li, 2011. "RETRACTED: Establishment and solution of the model for loop pipeline network with multiple heat sources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5547-5555.
- Durmayaz, Ahmet & Kadıoǧlu, Mikdat & Şen, Zekai, 2000. "An application of the degree-hours method to estimate the residential heating energy requirement and fuel consumption in Istanbul," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1245-1256.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mehleri, E.D. & Sarimveis, H. & Markatos, N.C. & Papageorgiou, L.G., 2013. "Optimal design and operation of distributed energy systems: Application to Greek residential sector," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 331-342.
- Wouters, Carmen & Fraga, Eric S. & James, Adrian M., 2015. "An energy integrated, multi-microgrid, MILP (mixed-integer linear programming) approach for residential distributed energy system planning – A South Australian case-study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 30-44.
- Krese, Gorazd & Lampret, Žiga & Butala, Vincenc & Prek, Matjaž, 2018. "Determination of a Building's balance point temperature as an energy characteristic," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 1034-1049.
- Zhang, Di & Samsatli, Nouri J. & Hawkes, Adam D. & Brett, Dan J.L. & Shah, Nilay & Papageorgiou, Lazaros G., 2013. "Fair electricity transfer price and unit capacity selection for microgrids," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 581-593.
- Zhang, Di & Evangelisti, Sara & Lettieri, Paola & Papageorgiou, Lazaros G., 2015. "Optimal design of CHP-based microgrids: Multiobjective optimisation and life cycle assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 181-193.
- Mavromatidis, Georgios & Orehounig, Kristina & Carmeliet, Jan, 2018. "A review of uncertainty characterisation approaches for the optimal design of distributed energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 258-277.
- Buoro, Dario & Pinamonti, Piero & Reini, Mauro, 2014. "Optimization of a Distributed Cogeneration System with solar district heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 298-308.
- Pirouti, Marouf & Bagdanavicius, Audrius & Ekanayake, Janaka & Wu, Jianzhong & Jenkins, Nick, 2013. "Energy consumption and economic analyses of a district heating network," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 149-159.
- Nielsen, Maria Grønnegaard & Morales, Juan Miguel & Zugno, Marco & Pedersen, Thomas Engberg & Madsen, Henrik, 2016. "Economic valuation of heat pumps and electric boilers in the Danish energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 189-200.
- Sameti, Mohammad & Haghighat, Fariborz, 2018. "Integration of distributed energy storage into net-zero energy district systems: Optimum design and operation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 575-591.
- Capuder, Tomislav & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2014. "Techno-economic and environmental modelling and optimization of flexible distributed multi-generation options," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 516-533.
- Gabrielli, Paolo & Gazzani, Matteo & Martelli, Emanuele & Mazzotti, Marco, 2018. "Optimal design of multi-energy systems with seasonal storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 219(C), pages 408-424.
- Omu, Akomeno & Choudhary, Ruchi & Boies, Adam, 2013. "Distributed energy resource system optimisation using mixed integer linear programming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 249-266.
- Manfren, Massimiliano & Caputo, Paola & Costa, Gaia, 2011. "Paradigm shift in urban energy systems through distributed generation: Methods and models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1032-1048, April.
- Sanaei, Sayyed Mohammad & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2012. "Optimum design of district heating: Application of a novel methodology for improved design of community scale integrated energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 190-204.
- Anestis, Anastasiadis & Georgios, Vokas, 2019. "Economic benefits of Smart Microgrids with penetration of DER and mCHP units for non-interconnected islands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 478-486.
- Anna Laura Pisello & Gloria Pignatta & Veronica Lucia Castaldo & Franco Cotana, 2015. "The Impact of Local Microclimate Boundary Conditions on Building Energy Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-24, July.
- Özyurt, Ömer & Bakirci, Kadir & Erdoğan, Sadık & Yilmaz, Mehmet, 2009. "Bin weather data for the provinces of the Eastern Anatolia in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1319-1332.
- Wakui, Tetsuya & Yokoyama, Ryohei, 2014. "Optimal structural design of residential cogeneration systems in consideration of their operating restrictions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 719-733.
- Wu, Qiong & Ren, Hongbo & Gao, Weijun & Ren, Jianxing, 2016. "Multi-objective optimization of a distributed energy network integrated with heating interchange," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 353-364.
More about this item
KeywordsDistributed generation; Optimal design; Energy systems; Mixed integer linear programming; Heating pipeline network; Optimisation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:44:y:2012:i:1:p:96-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.