Optimisation based design of a district energy system for an eco-town in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lund, P.D., 2007. "The link between political decision-making and energy options: Assessing future role of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Finland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2271-2281.
- Luickx, Patrick J. & Delarue, Erik D. & D'haeseleer, William D., 2010. "Impact of large amounts of wind power on the operation of an electricity generation system: Belgian case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2019-2028, September.
- Ruan, Yingjun & Liu, Qingrong & Zhou, Weiguo & Firestone, Ryan & Gao, Weijun & Watanabe, Toshiyuki, 2009. "Optimal option of distributed generation technologies for various commercial buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1641-1653, September.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "A review of computer tools for analysing the integration of renewable energy into various energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1059-1082, April.
- Göransson, Lisa & Johnsson, Filip, 2009. "Dispatch modeling of a regional power generation system – Integrating wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1040-1049.
- Mignard, D. & Harrison, G.P. & Pritchard, C.L., 2007. "Contribution of wind power and CHP to exports from Western Denmark during 2000–2004," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 2516-2528.
- Dicorato, M. & Forte, G. & Trovato, M., 2008. "Environmental-constrained energy planning using energy-efficiency and distributed-generation facilities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1297-1313.
- Raugei, Marco & Frankl, Paolo, 2009. "Life cycle impacts and costs of photovoltaic systems: Current state of the art and future outlooks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 392-399.
- Streckiene, Giedre & Martinaitis, Vytautas & Andersen, Anders N. & Katz, Jonas, 2009. "Feasibility of CHP-plants with thermal stores in the German spot market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2308-2316, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Blarke, Morten B., 2012. "Towards an intermittency-friendly energy system: Comparing electric boilers and heat pumps in distributed cogeneration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 349-365.
- Omu, Akomeno & Choudhary, Ruchi & Boies, Adam, 2013. "Distributed energy resource system optimisation using mixed integer linear programming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 249-266.
- Martínez-Lera, S. & Ballester, J., 2010. "A novel method for the design of CHCP (combined heat, cooling and power) systems for buildings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2972-2984.
- Fragaki, Aikaterini & Andersen, Anders N., 2011. "Conditions for aggregation of CHP plants in the UK electricity market and exploration of plant size," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3930-3940.
- Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Andersen, Anders N., 2018. "Economic feasibility of booster heat pumps in heat pump-based district heating systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 921-929.
- Møller Sneum, Daniel & Sandberg, Eli & Koduvere, Hardi & Olsen, Ole Jess & Blumberga, Dagnija, 2018. "Policy incentives for flexible district heating in the Baltic countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 61-72.
- Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Andersen, Anders N., 2016. "Booster heat pumps and central heat pumps in district heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1374-1388.
- Ren, Hongbo & Gao, Weijun, 2010. "A MILP model for integrated plan and evaluation of distributed energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 1001-1014, March.
- Viholainen, Juha & Luoranen, Mika & Väisänen, Sanni & Niskanen, Antti & Horttanainen, Mika & Soukka, Risto, 2016. "Regional level approach for increasing energy efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 295-303.
- Baños, R. & Manzano-Agugliaro, F. & Montoya, F.G. & Gil, C. & Alcayde, A. & Gómez, J., 2011. "Optimization methods applied to renewable and sustainable energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1753-1766, May.
- Bloess, Andreas, 2020. "Modeling of combined heat and power generation in the context of increasing renewable energy penetration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 267(C).
- Segurado, Raquel & Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven & Alves, Luís, 2011. "Increasing the penetration of renewable energy resources in S. Vicente, Cape Verde," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 466-472, February.
- Després, Jacques & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Criqui, Patrick & Noirot, Isabelle, 2015.
"Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 486-495.
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
- Figaj, Rafał & Żołądek, Maciej, 2021. "Experimental and numerical analysis of hybrid solar heating and cooling system for a residential user," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 955-967.
- Kim, Chul Kyu & Yoon, Joon Yong, 2016. "Performance analysis of bladeless jet propulsion micro-steam turbine for micro-CHP (combined heat and power) systems utilizing low-grade heat sources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 411-420.
- Aryanpur, Vahid & Atabaki, Mohammad Saeid & Marzband, Mousa & Siano, Pierluigi & Ghayoumi, Kiarash, 2019. "An overview of energy planning in Iran and transition pathways towards sustainable electricity supply sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 58-74.
- Villa-Arrieta, Manuel & Sumper, Andreas, 2018. "A model for an economic evaluation of energy systems using TRNSYS," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 765-777.
- Koppelaar, Rembrandt H.E.M. & Keirstead, James & Shah, Nilay & Woods, Jeremy, 2016. "A review of policy analysis purpose and capabilities of electricity system models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1531-1544.
- Dominković, D.F. & Bačeković, I. & Sveinbjörnsson, D. & Pedersen, A.S. & Krajačić, G., 2017. "On the way towards smart energy supply in cities: The impact of interconnecting geographically distributed district heating grids on the energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 941-960.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Chen, Haoran & Liu, Suwei & Ye, Xiaomei, 2020. "Economic & environmental effects of priority dispatch of renewable energy considering fluctuating power output of coal-fired units," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 695-707.
More about this item
KeywordsDistrict energy system; CO2 emissions; Heating and cooling network; Renewable energy; Non-renewable energy; Optimisation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:36:y:2011:i:2:p:1292-1308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.