Breaking the cycle: Producer and consumer perspectives on the non-adoption of passive solar housing in the US
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Information and Economic Analysis: A Perspective," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 21-41, Supplemen.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1985. "The Expanding Domain of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(6), pages 53-68, December.
- Hekkert, Marko P. & Harmsen, Robert & de Jong, Arjen, 2007. "Explaining the rapid diffusion of Dutch cogeneration by innovation system functioning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4677-4687, September.
- Conlisk, John, 1996. "Bounded rationality and market fluctuations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 233-250, March.
- Stigler, George J., 2011. "Economics of Information," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 35-49.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K., 2003. "Oil supply and oil politics: Deja Vu all over again," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 485-489, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Beerepoot, Milou & Beerepoot, Niels, 2007. "Government regulation as an impetus for innovation: Evidence from energy performance regulation in the Dutch residential building sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4812-4825, October.
- Paul C. Stern, 1986. "Blind spots in policy analysis: What economics doesn't say about energy use," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(2), pages 200-227.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Geller, Howard & Harrington, Philip & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Tanishima, Satoshi & Unander, Fridtjof, 2006. "Polices for increasing energy efficiency: Thirty years of experience in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 556-573, March.
- Sharon M. Oster & John M. Quigley, 1977. "Regulatory Barriers to the Diffusion of Innovation: Some Evidence from Building Codes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 361-377, Autumn.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1984. "A New Hedonic Technique for Estimating Attribute Demand: An Application to the Demand for Automobile Fuel Efficiency," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 417-426, August.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1952. "The Expected-Utility Hypothesis and the Measurability of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 463-463.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2005.
"A tale of two market failures: Technology and environmental policy,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 164-174, August.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 2004. "A Tale of Two Market Failures: Technology and Environmental Policy," Discussion Papers dp-04-38, Resources For the Future.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2004. "A Tale of Two Market Failures: Technology and Environmental Policy," Discussion Papers 10815, Resources for the Future.
- Shlomo Kalish & Gary L. Lilien, 1983. "Optimal Price Subsidy Policy for Accelerating the Diffusion Of Innovation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(4), pages 407-420.
- Zydeveld, Chris, 1998. "From simple design principles to 4000 solar homes factor 4 in energy saving at no extra cost," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 240-242.
- Longstreth, Molly & Coveney, Anne R & Bowers, Jean S, 1984. "Conservation Characteristics among Determinants of Residential Property Value," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 564-571, June.
- Ratchford, Brian T, 1975. "The New Economic Theory of Consumer Behavior: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 65-75, Se.
- Quigley, John M & Rubinfeld, Daniel L, 1989. "Unobservables in Consumer Choice: Residential Energy and the Demand for Comfort," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 416-425, August.
- Robin Gregory & Ralph L. Keeney, 1994. "Creating Policy Alternatives Using Stakeholder Values," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(8), pages 1035-1048, August.
- Hasnain, S. M. & Elani, U. A. & Al-Awaji, S. H. & Aba-Oud, H. A. & Smiai, M. S., 1995. "Prospects and proposals for solar energy education programmes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(2-3), pages 307-314.
- James G. March, 1978. "Bounded Rationality, Ambiguity, and the Engineering of Choice," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 587-608, Autumn.
- Garvill, Jorgen & Garling, Tommy & Lindberg, Erik & Montgomery, Henry, 1992. "Economic and non-economic motives for residential preferences and choices," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 39-56, March.
- Helwig, Michael & Deason, Jonathan P., 2007. "The Energy Policy Act of 1992 and Executive Order 13149: Proposed compliance strategies and process improvements for federal agencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2912-2924, May.
- Li, Zhi-Sheng & Zhang, Guo-Qiang & Li, Dong-Mei & Zhou, Jin & Li, Li-Juan & Li, Li-Xin, 2007. "Application and development of solar energy in building industry and its prospects in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4121-4127, August.
- Gifford Sharon, 2005. "Limited Attention as the Bound on Rationality," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-42, December.
- Rosenthal, Leslie, 1997. "Chain-Formation in the Owner-Occupied Housing Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 475-488, March.
- Houston, Douglas A, 1983. "Implicit Discount Rates and the Purchase of Untried, Energy-Saving Durable Goods," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 236-246, September.
- Craig, C. Samuel & Brown, Lawrence A., 1980. "Simulating the spatial diffusion of innovation: A gaming experimental approach," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 167-179.
- Hutton, R Bruce & McNeill, Dennis L, 1981. "The Value of Incentives in Stimulating Energy Conservation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 291-298, December.
- Slovic, Paul & Lichtenstein, Sarah, 1983. "Preference Reversals: A Broader Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 596-605, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hyysalo, Sampsa & Juntunen, Jouni K. & Freeman, Stephanie, 2013. "User innovation in sustainable home energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 490-500.
- Rempel, Alexandra R. & Rempel, Alan W. & Gates, Kenneth R. & Shaw, Barbara, 2016. "Climate-responsive thermal mass design for Pacific Northwest sunspaces," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 981-993.
- Li, Xuesong & Li, Hao & Wang, Xingwu, 2013. "Farmers' willingness to convert traditional houses to solar houses in rural areas: A survey of 465 households in Chongqing, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 882-886.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:4:p:1551-1566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.