Monopoly regulation, discontinuity & stranded assets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Joskow Paul L., 2008. "Incentive Regulation and Its Application to Electricity Networks," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-14, December.
- Julia D’Souza & John Jacob, 2001. "Electric Utility Stranded Costs: Valuation and Disclosure Issues," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 495-512, December.
- Tye, William B. & Graves, Frank C., 1996. "Stranded cost recovery and competition on equal terms," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(10), pages 61-70, December.
- Simshauser, Paul, 2009. "On Emissions Trading, Toxic Debt and the Australian Power Market," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 9-29, March.
- James Boyd, 1998.
"The "Regulatory Compact" and Implicit Contracts: Should Stranded Costs be Recoverable?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 69-83.
- Boyd, James, 1996. "The "Regulatory Compact" and Implicit Contracts: Should Stranded Costs Be Recoverable?," Discussion Papers dp-97-01, Resources For the Future.
- J. Peter Neary, 1982. "Intersectoral Capital Mobility, Wage Stickiness, and the Case for Adjustment Assistance," NBER Chapters,in: Import Competition and Response, pages 39-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1972. "The Application of Finance Theory to Public Utility Rate Cases," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 3(1), pages 58-97, Spring.
- Madian, Alan L., 1997. "Meaningful restructuring: resolving the stranded cost dilemma," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 62-71.
- Richard A. Posner, 1974. "Theories of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(2), pages 335-358, Autumn.
- Stratford Douglas & Thomas A. Garrett & Russell M. Rhine, 2009. "Disallowances and overcapitalization in the U.S. electric utility industry," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 23-32.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976. "Toward a More General Theory of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-240, August.
- Ritschel, Alexander & Smestad, Greg P., 2003. "Energy subsidies in California's electricity market deregulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 1379-1391, October.
- Brennan, Timothy J & Boyd, James, 1997.
"Stranded Costs, Takings, and the Law and Economics of Implicit Constracts,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 41-54, January.
- Brennan, Timothy & Boyd, James, 1996. "Stranded Costs, Takings, and the Law and Economics of Implicit Contracts," Discussion Papers dp-97-02, Resources For the Future.
- Nelson, Tim & Orton, Fiona, 2013. "A new approach to congestion pricing in electricity markets: Improving user pays pricing incentives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-7.
- Wen, Shiow-Ying & Tschirhart, John, 1997. "Non Utility Power, Alternative Regulatory Regimes and Stranded Investment," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 291-310, November.
- E. C. Pasour, 1973. "Economic Growth and Agriculture: An Evaluation of the Compensation Principle," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 55(4_Part_1), pages 611-616.
- Woo, C.K & Lloyd, D & Karimov, R & Tishler, A, 2003. "Stranded cost recovery in electricity market reforms in the US," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14.
- Simshauser, Paul, 2016. "Distribution network prices and solar PV: Resolving rate instability and wealth transfers through demand tariffs," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 108-122.
- Crawford, Garth, 2015. "Network depreciation and energy market disruption: Options to avoiding passing costs down the line," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 163-171.
- M.E. Beesley & S.C. Littlechild, 1989. "The Regulation of Privatized Monopolies in the United Kingdom," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 454-472, Autumn.
- Burness, H Stuart & Patrick, Robert H, 1992. "Optimal Depreciation, Payments to Capital, and Natural Monopoly Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 35-50, March.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "An Expository Note on Depreciation and Profitability under Rate-of-Return Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 293-298, September.
- Joskow, Paul L., 1996. "Does stranded cost recovery distort competition?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 31-45, April.
- Joskow, Paul L., 1996. "How will it all end? the electric utility industry in 2005," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 67-73.
- Beard, T. Randolph & Kaserman, David L. & Mayo, John W., 2003. "Regulation, competition, and the optimal recovery of stranded costs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 831-848, June.
- Navarro, Peter, 1996. "Ten key questions for the restructuring regulator," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(7), pages 65-70.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity utilities; Stranded assets;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:384-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.