On the uniqueness of optimal prices set by monopolistic sellers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- van den Berg, Gerard J, 2005. "On the Uniqueness of Optimal Prices Set by Monopolistic Sellers," CEPR Discussion Papers 5166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark, 1996. "Multiproduct Nonlinear Pricing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- van den Berg, Gerard J, 1994. "The Effects of Changes of the Job Offer Arrival Rate on the Duration of Unemployment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 478-498, July.
- Singh, S K & Maddala, G S, 1976. "A Function for Size Distribution of Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 963-970, September.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Roberts, John, 1989. "The Simple Economics of Optimal Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1060-1090, October.
- Majumder, Amita & Chakravarty, Satya Ranjan, 1990. "Distribution of Personal Income: Development of a New Model and Its Application to U.S. Income Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(2), pages 189-196, April-Jun.
- Esteban, Joan M, 1986. "Income-Share Elasticity and the Size Distribution of Income," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(2), pages 439-444, June.
- Russell W. Cooper, 2002. "Estimation and Identification of Structural Parameters in the Presence of Multiple Equilibria," NBER Working Papers 8941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfstetter, Elmar, 1996. " Auctions: An Introduction," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 367-420, December.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Maskin, Eric, 1980. "Optimal reservation price in the Vickery auction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 309-313.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
- Steven A. Matthews, 1995. "A Technical Primer on Auction Theory I: Independent Private Values," Discussion Papers 1096, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Wilson, Robert, 1997. "Nonlinear Pricing," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195115826.
- H. Theil & C. Van De Panne, 1960. "Quadratic Programming as an Extension of Classical Quadratic Maximization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tarasov, Alexander, 2009.
"Consumer Preferences in Monopolistic Competition Models,"
19990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tarasov, Alexander, 2010. "Consumer Preferences in Monopolistic Competition Models," Discussion Papers in Economics 11489, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Bas van der Klaauw, 2007.
"If Winning isn't Everything, why do they keep Score? A Structural Empirical Analysis of Dutch Flower Auctions,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
07-041/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2007. "If Winning Isn't Everything, Why Do They Keep Score? A Structural Empirical Analysis of Dutch Flower Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6323, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eduard Calvo & Victor Martínez-de-Albéniz, 2016. "Sourcing Strategies and Supplier Incentives for Short-Life-Cycle Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 436-455, February.
- Christian Ewerhart, 2013. "Regular type distributions in mechanism design and $$\rho $$ -concavity," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 53(3), pages 591-603, August.
- Ivanov, Maxim, 2009. "Niche market or mass market?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 217-220, December.
- Alexander Tarasov, 2014.
"Preferences and income effects in monopolistic competition models,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 42(3), pages 647-669, March.
- Tarasov, Alexander, 2013. "Preferences and income effects in monopolistic competition models," Munich Reprints in Economics 19575, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:257:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1817-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik, 2016.
"Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-311.
- Sebastian Jobjornsson & Martin Forster & Paolo Pertile & Carl-Fredrik Burman, 2015. "Late-Stage Pharmaceutical R & D and Pricing Policies under Two-Stage Regulation," Discussion Papers 15/16, Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:141:y:2007:i:2:p:482-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.