A Guide to the Dagum Distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kleiber, Christian, 2005. "The Lorenz curve in economics and econometrics," Technical Reports 2005,30, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- McDonald, James B & Mantrala, Anand, 1995. "The Distribution of Personal Income: Revisited," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 201-204, April-Jun.
- Singh, S K & Maddala, G S, 1976. "A Function for Size Distribution of Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 963-970, September.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- Dagum, Camilo & Slottje, Daniel J., 2000. "A new method to estimate the level and distribution of household human capital with application," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 67-94, July.
- Majumder, Amita & Chakravarty, Satya Ranjan, 1990. "Distribution of Personal Income: Development of a New Model and Its Application to U.S. Income Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(2), pages 189-196, April-Jun.
- Palmitesta, Paola & Provasi, Corrado & Spera, Cosimo, 1999. "Approximated Distributions of Sampling Inequality Indices," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 211-226, June.
- Klonner, Stefan, 2000. "The first-order stochastic dominance ordering of the Singh-Maddala distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 123-128, November.
- Łukasiewicz, Piotr & Orłowski, Arkadiusz, 2004. "Probabilistic models of income distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 146-151.
- Paola Palmitesta & Corrado Provasi & Cosimo Spera, 2000. "Confidence Interval Estimation for Inequality Indices of the Gini Family," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 16(1/2), pages 137-147, October.
- Gerhard Glomm & B. Ravikumar, 1998. "Opting out of publicly provided services: A majority voting result," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(2), pages 187-199.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995.
"A generalization of the beta distribution with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 133-152.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2006. "Bayesian Assessment of Lorenz and Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 960, The University of Melbourne.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Hasegawa, Hikaru & Kozumi, Hideo, 2003. "Estimation of Lorenz curves: a Bayesian nonparametric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 277-291, August.
- Martin Biewen & Stephen Jenkins, 2005. "A framework for the decomposition of poverty differences with an application to poverty differences between countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 331-358, September.
- Rubin Saposnik, 1981. "Rank-dominance in income distributions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 147-151, January.
- Fred Campano, 1991. "Recent Trends in U.S. Family Income Distribution: A Comparison of All, White, and Black Families," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 337-350, March.
- Kleiber, Christian, 1996. "Dagum vs. Singh-Maddala income distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 265-268, December.
- Claudio Quintano & Antonella D'Agostino, 2006. "Studying Inequality In Income Distribution Of Single‐Person Households In Four Developed Countries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(4), pages 525-546, December.
- Cowell, Frank A. & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 2006. "Distributional Dominance With Trimmed Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 291-300, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati & Giorgio Kaniadakis, 2012. "A new model of income distribution: the κ-generalized distribution," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 63-91, January.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:5:y:2017:i:2:p:14-:d:97287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brzezinski, Michal, 2014.
"Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 362-368.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2014. "Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution," Working Papers 2014-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- A. Abigail Payne & Justin Smith, 2015.
"Does income inequality increase charitable giving?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 793-818, May.
- Payne, A. Abigail & Smith, Justin, 2015. "Does Income Inequality Increase Charitable Giving?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-4, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- Markus P. A. Schneider, 2013. "Race & Gender Differences in the Experience of Earnings Inequality in the US from 1995 to 2010," Working Papers 1303, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Frank A. Cowell & Philippe Kerm, 2015. "Wealth Inequality: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 671-710, September.
- Filippo Domma & Sabrina Giordano, 2012. "A stress–strength model with dependent variables to measure household financial fragility," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 21(3), pages 375-389, August.
- repec:spr:jstada:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40488-017-0079-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Melanie Krause, 2014.
"Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 905-929, December.
- Krause, Melanie, 2012. "Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 67390, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kazuhiko Kakamu, 2016. "Simulation Studies Comparing Dagum and Singh–Maddala Income Distributions," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 593-605, December.
- Filippo Domma & Sabrina Giordano, 2013. "A copula-based approach to account for dependence in stress-strength models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 807-826, August.
- Camelia Minoiu & Sanjay Reddy, 2014. "Kernel density estimation on grouped data: the case of poverty assessment," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(2), pages 163-189, June.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati & G. Kaniadakis, 2012. "A generalized statistical model for the size distribution of wealth," Papers 1209.4787, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
- Markus Schneider, 2013. "Illustrating the Implications of How Inequality is Measured: Decomposing Earnings Inequality by Race and Gender," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 476-514, December.
- Elbers, Chris & van der Weide, Roy, 2014. "Estimation of normal mixtures in a nested error model with an application to small area estimation of poverty and inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6962, The World Bank.
- Lucio De Capitani & Federica Nicolussi & Alessandro Zini, 2017. "Trivariate Burr-III copula with applications to income data," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 75(1), pages 109-124, April.
- Alberto Arcagni & Francesco Porro, 2013. "On the parameters of Zenga distribution," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 22(3), pages 285-303, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2007/23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WWZ). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.