A generalization of the beta distribution with applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gourieroux, Christian & Holly, Alberto & Monfort, Alain, 1982. "Likelihood Ratio Test, Wald Test, and Kuhn-Tucker Test in Linear Models with Inequality Constraints on the Regression Parameters," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 63-80, January.
- James B. McDonald, 2008.
"Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income,"
Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion, and Well-Being, in: Duangkamon Chotikapanich (ed.), Modeling Income Distributions and Lorenz Curves, chapter 3, pages 37-55,
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 428-457, December.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Adaptive estimation of regression models via moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 301-339, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- James B. McDonald & Daniel B. Walton & Bryan Chia, 2020. "Distributional Assumptions and the Estimation of Contingent Valuation Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 56(2), pages 431-460, August.
- Delis, Manthos & Savva, Christos & Theodossiou, Panayiotis, 2020. "A Coronavirus Asset Pricing Model: The Role of Skewness," MPRA Paper 100877, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ao Yuan & Jan G. De Gooijer, 2007. "Semiparametric Regression with Kernel Error Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 34(4), pages 841-869, December.
- Fong, Wai Mun, 1997. "Robust beta estimation: Some empirical evidence," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-186.
- Luca Bagnato & Valerio Potì & Maria Zoia, 2015. "The role of orthogonal polynomials in adjusting hyperpolic secant and logistic distributions to analyse financial asset returns," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 1205-1234, November.
- Masayuki Hirukawa & Mari Sakudo, 2016. "Testing Symmetry of Unknown Densities via Smoothing with the Generalized Gamma Kernels," Econometrics, MDPI, vol. 4(2), pages 1-27, June.
- Marcelo Fernandes & Eduardo Mendes & Olivier Scaillet, 2015.
"Testing for symmetry and conditional symmetry using asymmetric kernels,"
Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 67(4), pages 649-671, August.
- Marcelo FERNANDES & Eduardo F. MENDES & Olivier SCAILLET, 2011. "Testing for Symmetry and Conditional Symmetry Using Asymmetric Kernels," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 11-32, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Peter M Robinson, 2009. "Developments in the Analysis of Spatial Data," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 531, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Haoying Wang, 2018. "Pricing used books on Amazon.com: a spatial approach to price dispersion," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 99-117, January.
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos, 2008.
"The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: a semiparametric quantile regression approach,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 395-412, September.
- Thanasis Stengos & Yiguo Sun, 2005. "The Absolute Health Income Hypothesis Revisited : A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 7-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos, 2007. "The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," Working Paper series 23_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Thanasis Stengos & Yiguo Sun, 2006. "The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 0606, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chan Jennifer So Kuen & Nitithumbundit Thanakorn & Peiris Shelton & Ng Kok-Haur, 2019. "Efficient estimation of financial risk by regressing the quantiles of parametric distributions: An application to CARR models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 23(2), pages 1-22, April.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Savva, Christos S. & Theodossiou, Panayiotis, 2021. "The impact of the coronavirus crisis on the market price of risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Tao Chen & Gautam Tripathi, 2013. "Testing conditional symmetry without smoothing," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 273-313, June.
- Lee, Jungyoon & Robinson, Peter M., 2020. "Adaptive inference on pure spatial models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 216(2), pages 375-393.
- Arnab Maity & Michael Sherman, 2008. "On adaptive linear regression," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(12), pages 1409-1422.
- Gupta, A, 2015. "Nonparametric specification testing via the trinity of tests," Economics Discussion Papers 15619, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Ximing Wu & Thanasis Stengos, 2005.
"Partially adaptive estimation via the maximum entropy densities,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(3), pages 352-366, December.
- Thanasis Stengos & Ximing Wu, 2005. "Partially Adaptive Estimation via Maximum Entropy Densities," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 6-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Arslan, Olcay, 2004. "Family of multivariate generalized t distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 329-337, May.
- Peter M Robinson, 2004. "Efficiency Improvements in Inference on Stationary and Nonstationary Fractional Time Series," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 480, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Eric Auerbach, 2019. "Identification and Estimation of a Partially Linear Regression Model using Network Data," Papers 1903.09679, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2021.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:66:y:1995:i:1-2:p:133-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.