Biofuel from Jatropha curcas: Environmental sustainability and option value
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Marcello Basili & Fulvio Fontini, 2009. "Biofuel from Jatrofa Curcas: environmental sustainability and option value," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 1009, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bjerksund, Petter & Stensland, Gunnar, 1993. "Closed-form approximation of American options," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(Supplemen), pages 87-99.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ariza-Montobbio, Pere & Lele, Sharachchandra, 2010. "Jatropha plantations for biodiesel in Tamil Nadu, India: Viability, livelihood trade-offs, and latent conflict," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 189-195, December.
- Noureddine Krichene, 2006. "Recent Dynamics of Crude Oil Prices," IMF Working Papers 06/299, International Monetary Fund.
- James L. Paddock & Daniel R. Siegel & James L. Smith, 1988. "Option Valuation of Claims on Real Assets: The Case of Offshore Petroleum Leases," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 479-508.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Eijck, Janske & Romijn, Henny & Balkema, Annelies & Faaij, André, 2014. "Global experience with jatropha cultivation for bioenergy: An assessment of socio-economic and environmental aspects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 869-889.
- repec:eee:renene:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:623-631 is not listed on IDEAS
- Portugal-Pereira, Joana & Nakatani, Jun & Kurisu, Kiyo & Hanaki, Keisuke, 2016. "Life cycle assessment of conventional and optimised Jatropha biodiesel fuels," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 585-593.
- Pu Peng & Wenguang Zhou, 2014. "The Next Generation Feedstock of Biofuel: Jatropha or Chlorella as Assessed by Their Life-Cycle Inventories," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Portugal-Pereira, Joana & Nakatani, Jun & Kurisu, Kiyo H. & Hanaki, Keisuke, 2015. "Comparative energy and environmental analysis of Jatropha bioelectricity versus biodiesel production in remote areas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 284-293.
- Lim, Bo Yuan & Shamsudin, Rosnah & Baharudin, B.T. Hang Tuah & Yunus, Robiah, 2015. "A review of processing and machinery for Jatropha curcas L. fruits and seeds in biodiesel production: Harvesting, shelling, pretreatment and storage," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 991-1002.
- Litvine, Dorian & Gazull, Laurent & Dabat, Marie-Hélène, 2014. "Assessing the potential demand for biofuel by combining Economics and Psychology: A focus on proximity applied to Jatropha oil in Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 85-95.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel; Jatropha curcas; Real option value;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:78:y:2012:i:c:p:1-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.