School district size and student performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger, 1999.
"Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 497-532.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," NBER Working Papers 6051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," Working Papers 758, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1993. "An analysis of returns to scale in public production, with an application to fire protection," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 49-72, August.
- William A. Testa & Surya Sen, 1999. "School choice and competition," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jul.
- K. Chakraborty & B. Biswas & WC. Lewis, 2000. "Economies of scale in public education: an econometric analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 238-247, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melvin Borland & Roy Howsen & Michelle Trawick, 2005. "An investigation of the effect of class size on student academic achievement," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 73-83.
- repec:bla:obuest:v:79:y:2017:i:5:p:654-688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marchionni, Mariana & Vazquez, Emmanuel & Pinto, Florencia, 2012.
"Desigualdad educativa en la Argentina. Análisis en base a los datos PISA 2009
[Education Inequality in Argentina. An analysis based on PISA 2009 data]," MPRA Paper 56420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchionni, Mariana & Pinto, Florencia & Vazquez, Emmanuel, 2013.
"Determinantes de la desigualdad en el desempeño educativo en la Argentina
[Determinants of the inequality in PISA test scores in Argentina]," MPRA Paper 56421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2007.
"Relationships between Organizational Culture and Performance in Estonian Schools with Regard to Their Size and Location,"
Baltic Journal of Economics,
Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 3-17, July.
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2006. "Relationships between organizational culture and performance in Estonian schools with regard to their size and location," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration,in: National and international aspects of organizational culture, volume 24, chapter 6, pages 147-171 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Heinesen, Eskil, 2005. "School district size and student educational attainment: evidence from Denmark," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Rose, Heather & Sonstelie, Jon, 2010. "School board politics, school district size, and the bargaining power of teachers' unions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 438-450, May.
- Jones, John T. & Toma, Eugenia F. & Zimmer, Ron W., 2008. "School attendance and district and school size," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 140-148, April.
- Leach, John & Payne, A. Abigail & Chan, Steve, 2010.
"The effects of school board consolidation and financing on student performance,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1034-1046, December.
- John Leach & A. Abigail Payne & Steve Chan, 2010. "The Effects of School Board Consolidation and Financing on Student Performance," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-02, McMaster University.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:52-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Collier, Trevor, 2008. "Efficiency in public schools: Does competition matter?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 134-157, July.
- Torberg Falch & Astrid Marie Jorde Sandsør & Bjarne Strøm, 2017.
"Do Smaller Classes Always Improve Students’ Long-run Outcomes?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 79(5), pages 654-688, October.
- Torberg Falch & Astrid Marie Jorde Sandsør & Bjarne Strøm, 2015. "Do smaller classes always improve students' long run outcomes?," Working Paper Series 16415, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Kristen Capogrossi & Wen You, 2013. "Academic Performance and Childhood Misnourishment: A Quantile Approach," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 141-156, June.
- Driscoll, Donna & Halcoussis, Dennis & Svorny, Shirley, 2008. "Gains in standardized test scores: Evidence of diminishing returns to achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 211-220, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:22:y:2003:i:2:p:193-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.