Multiple break detection in the correlation structure of random variables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Galeano, Pedro, 2007. "The use of cumulative sums for detection of changepoints in the rate parameter of a Poisson Process," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6151-6165, August.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Campbell, Rachel A.J. & Forbes, Catherine S. & Koedijk, Kees G. & Kofman, Paul, 2008. "Increasing correlations or just fat tails?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 287-309, March.
- Pedro Galeano & Ruey S. Tsay, 2010. "Shifts in Individual Parameters of a GARCH Model," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(1), pages 122-153, Winter.
- Davidson, James, 1994. "Stochastic Limit Theory: An Introduction for Econometricians," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774037.
- De Gooijer, Jan G., 2006. "Detecting change-points in multidimensional stochastic processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1892-1903, December.
- Krishnan, C.N.V. & Petkova, Ralitsa & Ritchken, Peter, 2009. "Correlation risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 353-367, June.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2002.
"Detecting multiple breaks in financial market volatility dynamics,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 579-600.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2001. "Detecting Multiple Breaks in Financial Market Volatility Dynamics," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 0202, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2001. "Detecting Mutiple Breaks in Financial Market Volatility Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-65, CIRANO.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-856, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bai, Jushan, 1997. "Estimating Multiple Breaks One at a Time," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 315-352, June.
- Wied, Dominik & Krämer, Walter & Dehling, Herold, 2012. "Testing For A Change In Correlation At An Unknown Point In Time Using An Extended Functional Delta Method," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(03), pages 570-589, June.
- Tse, Y K & Tsui, Albert K C, 2002. "A Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 351-362, July.
- Ploberger, Werner & Kramer, Walter & Kontrus, Karl, 1989. "A new test for structural stability in the linear regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 307-318, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berens, Tobias & Weiß, Gregor N.F. & Wied, Dominik, 2015. "Testing for structural breaks in correlations: Does it improve Value-at-Risk forecasting?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 135-152.
- repec:spr:testjl:v:26:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11749-016-0513-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Zeno & Glück, Thorsten, 2015. "Financialization in commodity markets: A passing trend or the new normal?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 93-111.
- Georgios Bampinas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2017.
"Oil and stock markets before and after financial crises: A local Gaussian correlation approach,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(12), pages 1179-1204, December.
- Georgios Bampinas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2017. "Oil and stock markets before and after financial crises : a local Gaussian correlation approach," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2016-11, Bank of Estonia, revised 06 Feb 2017.
- Dominik Wied & Daniel Ziggel & Tobias Berens, 2013. "On the application of new tests for structural changes on global minimum-variance portfolios," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 955-975, November.
- Adams, Zeno & Glück, Thorsten, 2013. "Financialization in Commodity Markets: Disentangling the Crisis from the Style Effect," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79949, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:84:y:2017:i:c:p:9-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominik Wied & Matthias Arnold & Nicolai Bissantz & Daniel Ziggel, 2013. "Über die Anwendbarkeit eines neuen Fluktuationstests für Korrelationen auf Finanzzeitreihen," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 6(3), pages 87-103, March.
- Adams, Zeno & Fuess, Roland & Glueck, Thorsten, 2016. "Are Correlations Constant? Empirical and Theoretical Results on Popular Correlation Models in Finance," Working Papers on Finance 1613, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Adams, Zeno & Glueck, Thorsten, 2014. "Financialization in Commodity Markets: A Passing Trend or the New Normal?," Working Papers on Finance 1413, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Aug 2015.
- Bücher, Axel & Jäschke, Stefan & Wied, Dominik, 2015. "Nonparametric tests for constant tail dependence with an application to energy and finance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 154-168.
More about this item
KeywordsBinary segmentation; Correlations; CUSUM statistics; Financial returns; Multiple change point detection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:76:y:2014:i:c:p:262-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.