Use Of Cumulative Sums For Detection Of Changepoints In The Rate Parameter Of A Poisson Process
This paper studies the problem of multiple changepoints in rate parameter of a Poisson process. We propose a binary segmentation algorithm in conjunction with a cumulative sums statistic for detection of changepoints such that in each step we need only to test the presence of a simple changepoint. We derive the asymptotic distribution of the proposed statistic, prove its consistency and obtain the limiting distribution of the estimate of the changepoint. A Monte Carlo analysis shows the good performance of the proposed procedure, which is illustrated with a real data example.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Madrid, 126 - 28903 GETAFE (MADRID)|
Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jushan Bai, 1997. "Estimation Of A Change Point In Multiple Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 551-563, November.
- Chib, Siddhartha, 1998. "Estimation and comparison of multiple change-point models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Pedro Galeano & Daniel Peña & Ruey S. Tsay, 2004. "Outlier Detection In Multivariate Time Series Via Projection Pursuit," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws044211, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- M. Angeles Carnero & Daniel Peña & Esther Ruiz, 2003.
"Detecting Level Shifts In The Presence Of Conditional Heteroscedasticity,"
Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers
ws036313, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- M. Angeles Carnero & Daniel Peña & Esther Ruiz, 2004. "Detecting Level Shifts In The Presence Of Conditional Heteroscedasticity," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Tae Young Yang, 2004. "Bayesian binary segmentation procedure for detecting streakiness in sports," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 167(4), pages 627-637.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws046816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.