Bank credit and seasonal anomalies in China's stock markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Priestley, Richard, 1997. "Seasonality, Stock Returns and the Macroeconomy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1742-1750, November.
- Emerson, Rebecca & Hall, Stephen G & Zalewska-Mitura, Anna, 1997.
"Evolving Market Efficiency with an Application to Some Bulgarian Shares,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 30(2-3), pages 75-90.
- Rebecca Emerson & Stephen Hall & Anna Zalewska-Mitura, 1997. "Evolving Market Efficiency with an Application to Some Bulgarian Shares," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 75-90, May.
- Rebecca Emerson & Stephen G. Hall & Anna Zalewska-Mitura, "undated". "Evolving Market Efficiency with an Application to Some Bulgarian Shares," Ace Project Memoranda 96/18, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Harvey, Andrew & Scott, Andrew, 1994. "Seasonality in Dynamic Regression Models," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1324-1345, November.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1988. " The Buying and Selling Behavior of Individual Investors at the Turn of the Year," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 701-717, July.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990.
"Seasonal integration and cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Stilianos Fountas & Konstantinos Segredakis, 2002.
"Emerging stock markets return seasonalities: the January effect and the tax-loss selling hypothesis,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 291-299.
- Stilianos Fountas & Konstantinos N. Segredakis, 1999. "Emerging Stock Markets Return Seasonalities: the January Effect and the Tax-Loss Selling Hypothesis," Working Papers 37, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 1999.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zalewska-Mitura, Anna & Hall, Stephen G., 1999. "Examining the first stages of market performance: a test for evolving market efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Lan Yisheng, 1997. "The Stock Market in China: Problems and Prospects for Domestic and Foreign Investment," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1997-07, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- Tsui, Albert K. & Yu, Qiao, 1999. "Constant conditional correlation in a bivariate GARCH model: evidence from the stock markets of China," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 503-509.
- Dongweí Su, 2003.
"Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Chinese Stock Markets A Research Handbook, chapter 3, pages 75-122
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1998. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 239-256, May.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1996. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Working Papers 005, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Robert F. Engle, 1979. "Estimating Structural Models of Seasonality," NBER Chapters,in: Seasonal Analysis of Economic Time Series, pages 281-308 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Kang, Joseph & Liu, Ming-Hua & Ni, Sophie Xiaoyan, 2002. "Contrarian and momentum strategies in the China stock market: 1993-2000," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 243-265, June.
- Chen, Gongmeng & Kwok, Chuck C. Y. & Rui, Oliver M., 2001. "The day-of-the-week regularity in the stock markets of China," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 139-163, April.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Koopman, Siem Jan, 1992. "Diagnostic Checking of Unobserved-Components Time Series Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 377-389, October.
- Mookerjee, Rajen & Yu, Qiao, 1999. "Seasonality in returns on the Chinese stock markets: the case of Shanghai and Shenzhen," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 93-105.
- Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni, 2000. "The Evolution of Stock Markets in Transition Economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 456-472, September.
- Xiao-Ming Li, 2003. "China: Further Evidence on the Evolution of Stock Markets in Transition Economies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(3), pages 341-358, August.
- Eric Girardin & Zhenya Liu, 2003. "The Chinese Stock Market: A Casino with 'Buffer Zones'?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 57-70.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Schuppli & Martin T. Bohl, 2009. "Do Foreign Institutional Investors Destabilize China’s A-Share Markets?," CQE Working Papers 0909, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Schuppli, Michael & Siklos, Pierre L., 2010.
"Stock return seasonalities and investor structure: Evidence from China's B-share markets,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 190-201, March.
- Martin T. Bohl & Michael Schuppli & Pierre L. Siklos, 2009. "Stock Return Seasonalities and Investor Structure: Evidence from China’s B-Share Markets," CQE Working Papers 0709, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Schuppli, Michael & Siklos, Pierre L., 2009. "Stock return seasonalities and investor structure : Evidence from China's B-share markets," BOFIT Discussion Papers 20/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Maria Jesus Herrerias and Eric Girardin, 2013. "Seasonal Patterns of Energy in China," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- James S. Doran & Danling Jiang & David R. Peterson, 2011.
"Gambling Preference and the New Year Effect of Assets with Lottery Features,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 685-731.
- Doran, James & Jiang, Danling & Peterson, David, 2008. "Gambling Preference and the New Year Effect of Assets with Lottery Features," MPRA Paper 15463, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Mar 2009.
- Girardin, Eric & Joyeux, Roselyne, 2013.
"Macro fundamentals as a source of stock market volatility in China: A GARCH-MIDAS approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 59-68.
- Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2013. "Macro fundamentals as a source of stock market volatility in China: A GARCH-MIDAS approach," Post-Print hal-01499615, HAL.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:127-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Enrico Geretto & Rubens Pauluzzo, 2012. "Stock Exchange Markets in China: Structure and Main Problems," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, September.
- Gatfaoui, Jamel & Girardin, Eric, 2015. "Comovement of Chinese provincial business cycles," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 294-306.
- He, Yinghua & Nielsson, Ulf & Guo, Hong & Yang, Jiong, 2014. "Subscribing to transparency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 189-206.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:16:y:2005:i:4:p:465-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.