Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cui, Can & Wu, Teresa & Hu, Mengqi & Weir, Jeffery D. & Li, Xiwang, 2016. "Short-term building energy model recommendation system: A meta-learning approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 251-263.
- Chua, K.J. & Chou, S.K. & Yang, W.M. & Yan, J., 2013. "Achieving better energy-efficient air conditioning – A review of technologies and strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 87-104.
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Hu, Jingnan & Huang, Ruikun & Zhou, Yu & Bao, Xiaofeng & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2014. "Can Euro V heavy-duty diesel engines, diesel hybrid and alternative fuel technologies mitigate NOX emissions? New evidence from on-road tests of buses in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 118-126.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "Energy saving potential of utilizing natural ventilation under warm conditions – A case study of Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 20-32.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard B., 2016.
"Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 660-668.
- Zheming Tong & Yujiao Chen & Malkawi, Ali & Zhu Liu & Richard B. Freeman, "undated". "Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution," Working Paper 428396, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Oh, Myoung Su & Ahn, Jae Hwan & Kim, Dong Woo & Jang, Dong Soo & Kim, Yongchan, 2014. "Thermal comfort and energy saving in a vehicle compartment using a localized air-conditioning system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 14-21.
- Li, Xiwang & Wen, Jin & Bai, Er-Wei, 2016. "Developing a whole building cooling energy forecasting model for on-line operation optimization using proactive system identification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 69-88.
- Chou, S. K. & Chua, K. J. & Ho, J. C. & Ooi, C. L., 2004. "On the study of an energy-efficient greenhouse for heating, cooling and dehumidification applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(4), pages 355-373, April.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
- Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard Barry & Tong, Zheming, 2016. "Energy Saving Potential of Natural Ventilation in China: The Impact of Ambient Air Pollution," Scholarly Articles 27733689, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hiyama, Kyosuke & Glicksman, Leon, 2015. "Preliminary design method for naturally ventilated buildings using target air change rate and natural ventilation potential maps in the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 655-666.
- Ramponi, Rubina & Angelotti, Adriana & Blocken, Bert, 2014. "Energy saving potential of night ventilation: Sensitivity to pressure coefficients for different European climates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 185-195.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yujiao & Tong, Zheming & Wu, Wentao & Samuelson, Holly & Malkawi, Ali & Norford, Leslie, 2019. "Achieving natural ventilation potential in practice: Control schemes and levels of automation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 1141-1152.
- Suárez de la Fuente, Santiago & Larsen, Ulrik & Pawling, Rachel & García Kerdan, Iván & Greig, Alistair & Bucknall, Richard, 2018. "Using the forward movement of a container ship navigating in the Arctic to air-cool a marine organic Rankine cycle unit," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 1046-1059.
- Fan, Yuling & Xia, Xiaohua, 2018. "Building retrofit optimization models using notch test data considering energy performance certificate compliance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2140-2152.
- Tong, Shuiguang & Cheng, Zhewu & Cong, Feiyun & Tong, Zheming & Zhang, Yidong, 2018. "Developing a grid-connected power optimization strategy for the integration of wind power with low-temperature adiabatic compressed air energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 73-86.
- Nutkiewicz, Alex & Jain, Rishee K. & Bardhan, Ronita, 2018. "Energy modeling of urban informal settlement redevelopment: Exploring design parameters for optimal thermal comfort in Dharavi, Mumbai, India," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 433-445.
- Jung-yeon Yu & Kyoo-dong Song & Dong-woo Cho, 2017. "Resolving Stack Effect Problems in a High-Rise Office Building by Mechanical Pressurization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-17, September.
- Zhang, Chaobo & Xue, Xue & Zhao, Yang & Zhang, Xuejun & Li, Tingting, 2019. "An improved association rule mining-based method for revealing operational problems of building heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Fiorentini, Massimo & Tartarini, Federico & Ledo Gomis, Laia & Daly, Daniel & Cooper, Paul, 2019. "Development of an enthalpy-based index to assess climatic potential for ventilative cooling of buildings: An Australian example," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Payam Nejat & Fatemeh Jomehzadeh & Hasanen Mohammed Hussen & John Kaiser Calautit & Muhd Zaimi Abd Majid, 2018. "Application of Wind as a Renewable Energy Source for Passive Cooling through Windcatchers Integrated with Wing Walls," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-23, September.
- Jeongyoon Oh & Taehoon Hong & Hakpyeong Kim & Jongbaek An & Kwangbok Jeong & Choongwan Koo, 2017. "Advanced Strategies for Net-Zero Energy Building: Focused on the Early Phase and Usage Phase of a Building’s Life Cycle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-52, December.
- Qingsong Ma & Hiroatsu Fukuda & Myonghyang Lee & Takumi Kobatake & Yuko Kuma & Akihito Ozaki & Xindong Wei, 2018. "Study on Heat Utilization in an Attached Sunspace in a House with a Central Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-12, May.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural ventilation; High-rise building; Mixed-mode ventilation; Meteorology; Atmospheric boundary layer (ABL); NV hour;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:276-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.