Energy saving potential of utilizing natural ventilation under warm conditions – A case study of Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ascione, Fabrizio & Bianco, Nicola & De Masi, Rosa Francesca & de’ Rossi, Filippo & Vanoli, Giuseppe Peter, 2014. "Energy refurbishment of existing buildings through the use of phase change materials: Energy savings and indoor comfort in the cooling season," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 990-1007.
- Kwon, Pil Seok & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2012. "Comparison of future energy scenarios for Denmark: IDA 2050, CEESA (Coherent Energy and Environmental System Analysis), and Climate Commission 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 275-282.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "The influence of an estimated energy saving due to natural ventilation on the Mexican energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1080-1091.
- Lokey, Elizabeth, 2009. "Barriers to clean development mechanism renewable energy projects in Mexico," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 504-508.
- Aktacir, Mehmet Azmi & Büyükalaca, Orhan & YIlmaz, Tuncay, 2010. "A case study for influence of building thermal insulation on cooling load and air-conditioning system in the hot and humid regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 599-607, February.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "Potential of natural ventilation in temperate countries – A case study of Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 520-530.
- Cancino-Solórzano, Yoreley & Villicaña-Ortiz, Eunice & Gutiérrez-Trashorras, Antonio J. & Xiberta-Bernat, Jorge, 2010. "Electricity sector in Mexico: Current status. Contribution of renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 454-461, January.
- Möller, Bernd & Sperling, Karl & Nielsen, Steffen & Smink, Carla & Kerndrup, Søren, 2012. "Creating consciousness about the opportunities to integrate sustainable energy on islands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 339-345.
- Hughes, Ben Richard & Calautit, John Kaiser & Ghani, Saud Abdul, 2012. "The development of commercial wind towers for natural ventilation: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 606-627.
- Huacuz, Jorge M., 2005. "The road to green power in Mexico--reflections on the prospects for the large-scale and sustainable implementation of renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2087-2099, November.
- Chua, K.J. & Chou, S.K. & Yang, W.M. & Yan, J., 2013. "Achieving better energy-efficient air conditioning – A review of technologies and strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 87-104.
- Hughes, Ben Richard & Chaudhry, Hassam Nasarullah & Calautit, John Kaiser, 2014. "Passive energy recovery from natural ventilation air streams," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 127-140.
- Lund, Henrik & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2000. "Electric grid and heat planning scenarios with centralised and distributed sources of conventional, CHP and wind generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 299-312.
- Lund, Henrik & Andersen, Anders N. & Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Connolly, David, 2012. "From electricity smart grids to smart energy systems – A market operation based approach and understanding," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 96-102.
- Moreton, O.R. & Rowley, P.N., 2012. "The feasibility of biomass CHP as an energy and CO2 source for commercial glasshouses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 339-346.
- Vadiee, Amir & Martin, Viktoria, 2013. "Energy analysis and thermoeconomic assessment of the closed greenhouse – The largest commercial solar building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1256-1266.
- Florides, G. A. & Tassou, S. A. & Kalogirou, S. A. & Wrobel, L. C., 2002. "Measures used to lower building energy consumption and their cost effectiveness," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(3-4), pages 299-328, November.
- Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Lund, Henrik, 2011. "A renewable energy system in Frederikshavn using low-temperature geothermal energy for district heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 479-487, February.
- Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V., 2009. "Energy system analysis of 100% renewable energy systems—The case of Denmark in years 2030 and 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 524-531.
- Alberg Østergaard, Poul & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Möller, Bernd & Lund, Henrik, 2010. "A renewable energy scenario for Aalborg Municipality based on low-temperature geothermal heat, wind power and biomass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4892-4901.
- Lund, H. & Möller, B. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Dyrelund, A., 2010. "The role of district heating in future renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1381-1390.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yujiao & Tong, Zheming & Wu, Wentao & Samuelson, Holly & Malkawi, Ali & Norford, Leslie, 2019. "Achieving natural ventilation potential in practice: Control schemes and levels of automation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 1141-1152.
- Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard Barry & Tong, Zheming, 2016. "Energy Saving Potential of Natural Ventilation in China: The Impact of Ambient Air Pollution," Scholarly Articles 27733689, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Yu, Tao & Heiselberg, Per & Lei, Bo & Zhang, Chen & Pomianowski, Michal & Jensen, Rasmus, 2016. "Experimental study on the dynamic performance of a novel system combining natural ventilation with diffuse ceiling inlet and TABS," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 218-229.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard B., 2016.
"Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 660-668.
- Zheming Tong & Yujiao Chen & Malkawi, Ali & Zhu Liu & Richard B. Freeman, "undated". "Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution," Working Paper 428396, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jung-yeon Yu & Kyoo-dong Song & Dong-woo Cho, 2017. "Resolving Stack Effect Problems in a High-Rise Office Building by Mechanical Pressurization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-17, September.
- O' Donovan, Adam & O' Sullivan, Paul D. & Murphy, Michael D., 2019. "Predicting air temperatures in a naturally ventilated nearly zero energy building: Calibration, validation, analysis and approaches," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 991-1010.
- Hiyama, Kyosuke & Glicksman, Leon, 2015. "Preliminary design method for naturally ventilated buildings using target air change rate and natural ventilation potential maps in the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 655-666.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2017. "Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 276-286.
- Fiorentini, Massimo & Tartarini, Federico & Ledo Gomis, Laia & Daly, Daniel & Cooper, Paul, 2019. "Development of an enthalpy-based index to assess climatic potential for ventilative cooling of buildings: An Australian example," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Yinqi Zhang & He Wang & Weijun Gao & Fan Wang & Nan Zhou & Daniel M. Kammen & Xiaoyu Ying, 2019. "A Survey of the Status and Challenges of Green Building Development in Various Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(19), pages 1-29, September.
- Rackes, Adams & Melo, Ana Paula & Lamberts, Roberto, 2016. "Naturally comfortable and sustainable: Informed design guidance and performance labeling for passive commercial buildings in hot climates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 256-274.
- Amin Mohammadi & Mahmoud Reza Saghafi & Mansoureh Tahbaz & Farshad Nasrollahi, 2017. "Effects of Vernacular Climatic Strategies (VCS) on Energy Consumption in Common Residential Buildings in Southern Iran: The Case Study of Bushehr City," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-26, October.
- Jorge Lucero-Álvarez & Norma A. Rodríguez-Muñoz & Ignacio R. Martín-Domínguez, 2016. "The Effects of Roof and Wall Insulation on the Energy Costs of Low Income Housing in Mexico," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, June.
- Abdul Mujeebu, Muhammad & Alshamrani, Othman Subhi, 2016. "Prospects of energy conservation and management in buildings – The Saudi Arabian scenario versus global trends," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1647-1663.
- Tejero-González, Ana & Andrés-Chicote, Manuel & García-Ibáñez, Paola & Velasco-Gómez, Eloy & Rey-Martínez, Francisco Javier, 2016. "Assessing the applicability of passive cooling and heating techniques through climate factors: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 727-742.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
- Martins, Nuno R. & Carrilho da Graça, Guilherme, 2017. "Impact of outdoor PM2.5 on natural ventilation usability in California’s nondomestic buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 711-724.
- Liwei Wen & Kyosuke Hiyama, 2018. "Target Air Change Rate and Natural Ventilation Potential Maps for Assisting with Natural Ventilation Design During Early Design Stage in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-16, May.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural ventilation; Warm climate; Energy saving potential; Feasibility of use; Building heat capacity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:130:y:2014:i:c:p:20-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.