Achieving better energy-efficient air conditioning – A review of technologies and strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hassan, A.A.M. & Hassan, M. Salah, 2008. "Dehumidification of air with a newly suggested liquid desiccant," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1989-1997.
- Zhai, X.Q. & Wang, R.Z., 2009. "A review for absorbtion and adsorbtion solar cooling systems in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1523-1531, August.
- Mendell, M.J. & Fisk, W.J. & Kreiss, K. & Levin, H. & Alexander, D. & Cain, W.S. & Girman, J.R. & Hines, C.J. & Jensen, P.A. & Milton, D.K. & Rexroat, L.P. & Wallingford, K.M., 2002. "Improving the health of workers in indoor environments: Priority research needs for a National Occupational Research Agenda," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 92(9), pages 1430-1440.
- Isaac, Morna & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Modeling global residential sector energy demand for heating and air conditioning in the context of climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 507-521, February.
- Venegas, M. & Rodríguez-Hidalgo, M.C. & Salgado, R. & Lecuona, A. & Rodríguez, P. & Gutiérrez, G., 2011. "Experimental diagnosis of the influence of operational variables on the performance of a solar absorption cooling system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1447-1454, April.
- Ma, Zhenjun & Wang, Shengwei, 2011. "Supervisory and optimal control of central chiller plants using simplified adaptive models and genetic algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 198-211, January.
- Donald H. Rosenthal & Howard K. Gruenspecht & Emily A. Moran, 1995. "Effects of Global Warming on Energy Use for Space Heating and Cooling in the United States," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 77-96.
- Yu, F.W. & Chan, K.T., 2005. "Experimental determination of the energy efficiency of an air-cooled chiller under part load conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1747-1758.
- Rezaie, Behnaz & Rosen, Marc A., 2012. "District heating and cooling: Review of technology and potential enhancements," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 2-10.
- Li, Qubo & Piechna, Janusz & Müller, Norbert, 2011. "Design of a novel axial impeller as a part of counter-rotating axial compressor to compress water vapor as refrigerant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(9), pages 3156-3168.
- Fong, K.F. & Lee, C.K. & Chow, T.T., 2012. "Comparative study of solar cooling systems with building-integrated solar collectors for use in sub-tropical regions like Hong Kong," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 189-195.
- Bergero, Stefano & Chiari, Anna, 2011. "On the performances of a hybrid air-conditioning system in different climatic conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5261-5273.
- Zhen, Li & Lin, D.M. & Shu, H.W. & Jiang, Shuang & Zhu, Y.X., 2007. "District cooling and heating with seawater as heat source and sink in Dalian, China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 2603-2616.
- Quoilin, Sylvain & Lemort, Vincent & Lebrun, Jean, 2010. "Experimental study and modeling of an Organic Rankine Cycle using scroll expander," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1260-1268, April.
- Chow, T. T. & Chan, Apple L. S. & Song, C. L., 2004. "Building-mix optimization in district cooling system implementation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Xiong, Z.Q. & Dai, Y.J. & Wang, R.Z., 2010. "Development of a novel two-stage liquid desiccant dehumidification system assisted by CaCl2 solution using exergy analysis method," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(5), pages 1495-1504, May.
- Ge, Gaoming & Xiao, Fu & Xu, Xinhua, 2011. "Model-based optimal control of a dedicated outdoor air-chilled ceiling system using liquid desiccant and membrane-based total heat recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4180-4190.
- Yu, F.W. & Chan, K.T., 2012. "Improved energy management of chiller systems by multivariate and data envelopment analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 168-174.
- Zhai, X.Q. & Wang, R.Z., 2010. "Experimental investigation and performance analysis on a solar adsorption cooling system with/without heat storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 824-835, March.
- Xiao, Fu & Ge, Gaoming & Niu, Xiaofeng, 2011. "Control performance of a dedicated outdoor air system adopting liquid desiccant dehumidification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 143-149, January.
- Ho, J.C. & Chua, K.J. & Chou, S.K., 2004. "Performance study of a microturbine system for cogeneration application," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1121-1133.
- Moya, M. & Bruno, J.C. & Eguia, P. & Torres, E. & Zamora, I. & Coronas, A., 2011. "Performance analysis of a trigeneration system based on a micro gas turbine and an air-cooled, indirect fired, ammonia–water absorption chiller," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4424-4440.
- Ge, T.S. & Dai, Y.J. & Li, Y. & Wang, R.Z., 2012. "Simulation investigation on solar powered desiccant coated heat exchanger cooling system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 532-540.
- Zhai, X.Q. & Qu, M. & Li, Yue. & Wang, R.Z., 2011. "A review for research and new design options of solar absorption cooling systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4416-4423.
- Chow, T. T. & Au, W. H. & Yau, Raymond & Cheng, Vincent & Chan, Apple & Fong, K. F., 2004. "Applying district-cooling technology in Hong Kong," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 275-289, November.
- Fumo, Nelson & Chamra, Louay M., 2010. "Analysis of combined cooling, heating, and power systems based on source primary energy consumption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 2023-2030, June.
- Yu, X. & Wang, R.Z. & Zhai, X.Q., 2011. "Year round experimental study on a constant temperature and humidity air-conditioning system driven by ground source heat pump," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1309-1318.
- Chan, Apple L.S. & Chow, Tin-Tai & Fong, Square K.F. & Lin, John Z., 2006. "Performance evaluation of district cooling plant with ice storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2750-2762.
- Lam, Tony N.T. & Wan, Kevin K.W. & Wong, S.L. & Lam, Joseph C., 2010. "Impact of climate change on commercial sector air conditioning energy consumption in subtropical Hong Kong," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2321-2327, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAir conditioning; Energy efficiency; Novel cooling technologies; Cogeneration/trigeneration; Waste heat recovery;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:104:y:2013:i:c:p:87-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.