Energy saving potential of night ventilation: Sensitivity to pressure coefficients for different European climates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ascione, Fabrizio & Bianco, Nicola & De Masi, Rosa Francesca & de’ Rossi, Filippo & Vanoli, Giuseppe Peter, 2014. "Energy refurbishment of existing buildings through the use of phase change materials: Energy savings and indoor comfort in the cooling season," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 990-1007.
- Eicker, Ursula, 2010. "Cooling strategies, summer comfort and energy performance of a rehabilitated passive standard office building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 2031-2039, June.
- Kolokotroni, M. & Aronis, A., 1999. "Cooling-energy reduction in air-conditioned offices by using night ventilation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 241-253, August.
- Artmann, N. & Manz, H. & Heiselberg, P., 2008. "Parameter study on performance of building cooling by night-time ventilation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2589-2598.
- Artmann, N. & Manz, H. & Heiselberg, P., 2007. "Climatic potential for passive cooling of buildings by night-time ventilation in Europe," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 187-201, February.
- Shaviv, Edna & Yezioro, Abraham & Capeluto, Isaac G, 2001. "Thermal mass and night ventilation as passive cooling design strategy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 445-452.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guo, Siyue & Yan, Da & Hong, Tianzhen & Xiao, Chan & Cui, Ying, 2019. "A novel approach for selecting typical hot-year (THY) weather data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1634-1648.
- Abdel-Salam, Mohamed R.H. & Fauchoux, Melanie & Ge, Gaoming & Besant, Robert W. & Simonson, Carey J., 2014. "Expected energy and economic benefits, and environmental impacts for liquid-to-air membrane energy exchangers (LAMEEs) in HVAC systems: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 202-218.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard B., 2016.
"Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 660-668.
- Zheming Tong & Yujiao Chen & Malkawi, Ali & Zhu Liu & Richard B. Freeman, "undated". "Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution," Working Paper 428396, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2017. "Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 276-286.
- Ascione, Fabrizio & De Masi, Rosa Francesca & de Rossi, Filippo & Ruggiero, Silvia & Vanoli, Giuseppe Peter, 2016. "Optimization of building envelope design for nZEBs in Mediterranean climate: Performance analysis of residential case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 938-957.
- Martins, Nuno R. & Carrilho da Graça, Guilherme, 2017. "Impact of outdoor PM2.5 on natural ventilation usability in California’s nondomestic buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 711-724.
- He, Yueer & Liu, Meng & Kvan, Thomas & Peng, Shini, 2017. "An enthalpy-based energy savings estimation method targeting thermal comfort level in naturally ventilated buildings in hot-humid summer zones," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 717-731.
- Kočí, Jan & Kočí, Václav & Maděra, Jiří & Černý, Robert, 2019. "Effect of applied weather data sets in simulation of building energy demands: Comparison of design years with recent weather data," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 22-32.
- Hudobivnik, Blaž & Pajek, Luka & Kunič, Roman & Košir, Mitja, 2016. "FEM thermal performance analysis of multi-layer external walls during typical summer conditions considering high intensity passive cooling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 363-375.
- Toparlar, Y. & Blocken, B. & Maiheu, B. & van Heijst, G.J.F., 2018. "Impact of urban microclimate on summertime building cooling demand: A parametric analysis for Antwerp, Belgium," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 852-872.
- Fiorentini, Massimo & Tartarini, Federico & Ledo Gomis, Laia & Daly, Daniel & Cooper, Paul, 2019. "Development of an enthalpy-based index to assess climatic potential for ventilative cooling of buildings: An Australian example," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Nikola Pesic & Jaime Roset Calzada & Adrian Muros Alcojor, 2018. "Assessment of Advanced Natural Ventilation Space Cooling Potential across Southern European Coastal Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-21, August.
- Prieto, Alejandro & Knaack, Ulrich & Klein, Tillmann & Auer, Thomas, 2017. "25 Years of cooling research in office buildings: Review for the integration of cooling strategies into the building façade (1990–2014)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 89-102.
- Solgi, Ebrahim & Fayaz, Rima & Kari, Behrouz Mohammad, 2016. "Cooling load reduction in office buildings of hot-arid climate, combining phase change materials and night purge ventilation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 725-731.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
More about this item
KeywordsVentilation; Cooling; Pressure coefficient; Airflow Network; Energy; Simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:123:y:2014:i:c:p:185-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.