Energy Saving Potential of Natural Ventilation in China: The Impact of Ambient Air Pollution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei, 2009. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2706-2712, August.
- Cui, Can & Wu, Teresa & Hu, Mengqi & Weir, Jeffery D. & Li, Xiwang, 2016. "Short-term building energy model recommendation system: A meta-learning approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 251-263.
- Chua, K.J. & Chou, S.K. & Yang, W.M. & Yan, J., 2013. "Achieving better energy-efficient air conditioning – A review of technologies and strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 87-104.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "Energy saving potential of utilizing natural ventilation under warm conditions – A case study of Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 20-32.
- Li, Xiwang & Wen, Jin & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "An operation optimization and decision framework for a building cluster with distributed energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 98-109.
- Yao, Runming & Li, Baizhan & Steemers, Koen & Short, Alan, 2009. "Assessing the natural ventilation cooling potential of office buildings in different climate zones in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2697-2705.
- Chou, S. K. & Chua, K. J. & Ho, J. C. & Ooi, C. L., 2004. "On the study of an energy-efficient greenhouse for heating, cooling and dehumidification applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(4), pages 355-373, April.
- Hughes, Ben Richard & Calautit, John Kaiser & Ghani, Saud Abdul, 2012. "The development of commercial wind towers for natural ventilation: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 606-627.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yujiao & Tong, Zheming & Wu, Wentao & Samuelson, Holly & Malkawi, Ali & Norford, Leslie, 2019. "Achieving natural ventilation potential in practice: Control schemes and levels of automation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 1141-1152.
- Peter Rafaj & Markus Amann, 2018. "Decomposing Air Pollutant Emissions in Asia: Determinants and Projections," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-14, May.
- Fan, Yuling & Xia, Xiaohua, 2018. "Building retrofit optimization models using notch test data considering energy performance certificate compliance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2140-2152.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2017. "Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 276-286.
- Cui, X. & Mohan, B. & Islam, M.R. & Chou, S.K. & Chua, K.J., 2017. "Energy performance evaluation and application of an air treatment system for conditioning building spaces in tropics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 1500-1512.
- Fournier, Eric D. & Federico, Felicia & Porse, Erik & Pincetl, Stephanie, 2019. "Effects of building size growth on residential energy efficiency and conservation in California," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 240(C), pages 446-452.
- Payam Nejat & Fatemeh Jomehzadeh & Hasanen Mohammed Hussen & John Kaiser Calautit & Muhd Zaimi Abd Majid, 2018. "Application of Wind as a Renewable Energy Source for Passive Cooling through Windcatchers Integrated with Wing Walls," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-23, September.
- Li, Han & You, Shijun & Zhang, Huan & Zheng, Wandong & Zheng, Xuejing & Jia, Jie & Ye, Tianzhen & Zou, Lanjun, 2017. "Modelling of AQI related to building space heating energy demand based on big data analytics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 203(C), pages 57-71.
- Qing He & Haiyang Zhao & Lin Shen & Liuqun Dong & Ye Cheng & Ke Xu, 2019. "Factors Influencing Residents’ Intention toward Green Retrofitting of Existing Residential Buildings," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-23, August.
- Costanzo, Vincenzo & Yao, Runming & Xu, Tiantian & Xiong, Jie & Zhang, Qiulei & Li, Baizhan, 2019. "Natural ventilation potential for residential buildings in a densely built-up and highly polluted environment. A case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 340-353.
- Yu, Bendong & He, Wei & Li, Niansi & Wang, Liping & Cai, Jingyong & Chen, Hongbing & Ji, Jie & Xu, Gang, 2017. "Experimental and numerical performance analysis of a TC-Trombe wall," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 70-82.
- Martins, Nuno R. & Carrilho da Graça, Guilherme, 2017. "Impact of outdoor PM2.5 on natural ventilation usability in California’s nondomestic buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 711-724.
- Alberto Meiss & Miguel A. Padilla-Marcos & Jesús Feijó-Muñoz, 2017. "Methodology Applied to the Evaluation of Natural Ventilation in Residential Building Retrofits: A Case Study," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-19, April.
- He, Yueer & Liu, Meng & Kvan, Thomas & Peng, Shini, 2017. "An enthalpy-based energy savings estimation method targeting thermal comfort level in naturally ventilated buildings in hot-humid summer zones," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 717-731.
- Yu, Bendong & Yang, Jichun & He, Wei & Qin, Minghui & Zhao, Xudong & Chen, Hongbing, 2019. "The performance analysis of a novel hybrid solar gradient utilization photocatalytic-thermal-catalytic-Trombe wall system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 420-435.
- Tong, Shuiguang & Cheng, Zhewu & Cong, Feiyun & Tong, Zheming & Zhang, Yidong, 2018. "Developing a grid-connected power optimization strategy for the integration of wind power with low-temperature adiabatic compressed air energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 73-86.
- Nutkiewicz, Alex & Jain, Rishee K. & Bardhan, Ronita, 2018. "Energy modeling of urban informal settlement redevelopment: Exploring design parameters for optimal thermal comfort in Dharavi, Mumbai, India," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 433-445.
- Wang, C. & Zhu, Y. & Qu, J. & Hu, H.D., 2018. "Automatic air temperature control in a container with an optic-variable wall," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 224(C), pages 671-681.
- Zhang, Chaobo & Xue, Xue & Zhao, Yang & Zhang, Xuejun & Li, Tingting, 2019. "An improved association rule mining-based method for revealing operational problems of building heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Boya Zhou & Shaojun Zhang & Ye Wu & Wenwei Ke & Xiaoyi He & Jiming Hao, 2018. "Energy-saving benefits from plug-in hybrid electric vehicles: perspectives based on real-world measurements," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 735-756, June.
- Chen, Jianli & Brager, Gail S. & Augenbroe, Godfried & Song, Xinyi, 2019. "Impact of outdoor air quality on the natural ventilation usage of commercial buildings in the US," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 673-684.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
- Liwei Wen & Kyosuke Hiyama, 2018. "Target Air Change Rate and Natural Ventilation Potential Maps for Assisting with Natural Ventilation Design During Early Design Stage in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-16, May.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2016-07-30 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2016-07-30 (China)
- NEP-ENE-2016-07-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2016-07-30 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2016-07-30 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:27733689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.