Achieving natural ventilation potential in practice: Control schemes and levels of automation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yao, Runming & Liu, Jing & Li, Baizhan, 2010. "Occupants' adaptive responses and perception of thermal environment in naturally conditioned university classrooms," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 1015-1022, March.
- Chen, Xi & Yang, Hongxing & Wang, Yuanhao, 2017. "Parametric study of passive design strategies for high-rise residential buildings in hot and humid climates: miscellaneous impact factors," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 442-460.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "Potential of natural ventilation in temperate countries – A case study of Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 520-530.
- Cui, Can & Wu, Teresa & Hu, Mengqi & Weir, Jeffery D. & Li, Xiwang, 2016. "Short-term building energy model recommendation system: A meta-learning approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 251-263.
- Oropeza-Perez, Ivan & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "Energy saving potential of utilizing natural ventilation under warm conditions – A case study of Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 20-32.
- Li, Xiwang & Wen, Jin & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "An operation optimization and decision framework for a building cluster with distributed energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 98-109.
- Tong, Shuiguang & Cheng, Zhewu & Cong, Feiyun & Tong, Zheming & Zhang, Yidong, 2018. "Developing a grid-connected power optimization strategy for the integration of wind power with low-temperature adiabatic compressed air energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 73-86.
- Homod, Raad Z. & Sahari, Khairul Salleh Mohamed & Almurib, Haider A.F., 2014. "Energy saving by integrated control of natural ventilation and HVAC systems using model guide for comparison," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 639-650.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard B., 2016.
"Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 660-668.
- Zheming Tong & Yujiao Chen & Malkawi, Ali & Zhu Liu & Richard B. Freeman, "undated". "Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution," Working Paper 428396, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Li, Xiwang & Wen, Jin & Bai, Er-Wei, 2016. "Developing a whole building cooling energy forecasting model for on-line operation optimization using proactive system identification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 69-88.
- Artmann, N. & Manz, H. & Heiselberg, P., 2007. "Climatic potential for passive cooling of buildings by night-time ventilation in Europe," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 187-201, February.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
- Hughes, Ben Richard & Calautit, John Kaiser & Ghani, Saud Abdul, 2012. "The development of commercial wind towers for natural ventilation: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 606-627.
- Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard Barry & Tong, Zheming, 2016. "Energy Saving Potential of Natural Ventilation in China: The Impact of Ambient Air Pollution," Scholarly Articles 27733689, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hiyama, Kyosuke & Glicksman, Leon, 2015. "Preliminary design method for naturally ventilated buildings using target air change rate and natural ventilation potential maps in the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 655-666.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2017. "Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 276-286.
- Martins, Nuno R. & Carrilho da Graça, Guilherme, 2017. "Impact of outdoor PM2.5 on natural ventilation usability in California’s nondomestic buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 711-724.
- Peng, Jinqing & Lu, Lin & Yang, Hongxing & Ma, Tao, 2015. "Comparative study of the thermal and power performances of a semi-transparent photovoltaic façade under different ventilation modes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 572-583.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Mancini & Gianluigi Lo Basso & Livio de Santoli, 2019. "Energy Use in Residential Buildings: Impact of Building Automation Control Systems on Energy Performance and Flexibility," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-21, July.
- Zhang, Chaobo & Xue, Xue & Zhao, Yang & Zhang, Xuejun & Li, Tingting, 2019. "An improved association rule mining-based method for revealing operational problems of building heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Fiorentini, Massimo & Tartarini, Federico & Ledo Gomis, Laia & Daly, Daniel & Cooper, Paul, 2019. "Development of an enthalpy-based index to assess climatic potential for ventilative cooling of buildings: An Australian example," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Shuiguang Tong & Xiang Zhang & Zheming Tong & Yanling Wu & Ning Tang & Wei Zhong, 2019. "Online Ash Fouling Prediction for Boiler Heating Surfaces based on Wavelet Analysis and Support Vector Regression," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural ventilation; Building control; Occupant behavior; MPC; Mixed-mode; HVAC;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:235:y:2019:i:c:p:1141-1152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.