Developing a grid-connected power optimization strategy for the integration of wind power with low-temperature adiabatic compressed air energy storage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fertig, Emily & Apt, Jay, 2011. "Economics of compressed air energy storage to integrate wind power: A case study in ERCOT," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2330-2342, May.
- Zhang, Yuan & Yang, Ke & Li, Xuemei & Xu, Jianzhong, 2014. "Thermodynamic analysis of energy conversion and transfer in hybrid system consisting of wind turbine and advanced adiabatic compressed air energy storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 460-477.
- Zhao, Pan & Gao, Lin & Wang, Jiangfeng & Dai, Yiping, 2016. "Energy efficiency analysis and off-design analysis of two different discharge modes for compressed air energy storage system using axial turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1164-1177.
- Díaz-González, Francisco & Sumper, Andreas & Gomis-Bellmunt, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto, 2012. "A review of energy storage technologies for wind power applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2154-2171.
- Howlader, Abdul Motin & Urasaki, Naomitsu & Yona, Atsushi & Senjyu, Tomonobu & Saber, Ahmed Yousuf, 2013. "A review of output power smoothing methods for wind energy conversion systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 135-146.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard B., 2016.
"Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 660-668.
- Zheming Tong & Yujiao Chen & Malkawi, Ali & Zhu Liu & Richard B. Freeman, "undated". "Energy saving potential of natural ventilation in China: The impact of ambient air pollution," Working Paper 428396, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Drury, Easan & Denholm, Paul & Sioshansi, Ramteen, 2011. "The value of compressed air energy storage in energy and reserve markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4959-4973.
- Budt, Marcus & Wolf, Daniel & Span, Roland & Yan, Jinyue, 2016. "A review on compressed air energy storage: Basic principles, past milestones and recent developments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 250-268.
- Succar, Samir & Denkenberger, David C. & Williams, Robert H., 2012. "Optimization of specific rating for wind turbine arrays coupled to compressed air energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 222-234.
- Fernandez, L.M. & Garcia, C.A. & Jurado, F., 2008. "Comparative study on the performance of control systems for doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) wind turbines operating with power regulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1438-1452.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2016. "Defining the Influence Region in neighborhood-scale CFD simulations for natural ventilation design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 625-633.
- Hasan, Nor Shahida & Hassan, Mohammad Yusri & Abdullah, Hayati & Rahman, Hasimah Abdul & Omar, Wan Zaidi Wan & Rosmin, Norzanah, 2016. "Improving power grid performance using parallel connected Compressed Air Energy Storage and wind turbine system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 498-508.
- Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali & Liu, Zhu & Freeman, Richard Barry & Tong, Zheming, 2016. "Energy Saving Potential of Natural Ventilation in China: The Impact of Ambient Air Pollution," Scholarly Articles 27733689, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Saadat, Mohsen & Shirazi, Farzad A. & Li, Perry Y., 2015. "Modeling and control of an open accumulator Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) system for wind turbines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 603-616.
- Tong, Zheming & Chen, Yujiao & Malkawi, Ali, 2017. "Estimating natural ventilation potential for high-rise buildings considering boundary layer meteorology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 276-286.
- Loisel, Rodica & Mercier, Arnaud & Gatzen, Christoph & Elms, Nick, 2011. "Market evaluation of hybrid wind-storage power systems in case of balancing responsibilities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 5003-5012.
- Oh, Eunsung & Son, Sung-Yong, 2018. "Energy-storage system sizing and operation strategies based on discrete Fourier transform for reliable wind-power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(PA), pages 786-794.
- Foley, Aoife M. & Leahy, Paul G. & Marvuglia, Antonino & McKeogh, Eamon J., 2012. "Current methods and advances in forecasting of wind power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-8.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Latz, Jochen, 2013. "Economics of centralized and decentralized compressed air energy storage for enhanced grid integration of wind power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 299-309.
- Ellabban, Omar & Abu-Rub, Haitham & Blaabjerg, Frede, 2014. "Renewable energy resources: Current status, future prospects and their enabling technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 748-764.
- Cavallo, Alfred, 2007. "Controllable and affordable utility-scale electricity from intermittent wind resources and compressed air energy storage (CAES)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 120-127.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yujiao & Tong, Zheming & Wu, Wentao & Samuelson, Holly & Malkawi, Ali & Norford, Leslie, 2019. "Achieving natural ventilation potential in practice: Control schemes and levels of automation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 1141-1152.
More about this item
KeywordsCompressed air energy storage; Large-scale wind power; Grid-connected power optimization; Thermodynamic analysis; Levelized cost of electricity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:125:y:2018:i:c:p:73-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.