Local and regional energy companies offering energy services: Key activities and implications for the business model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richter, Mario, 2012. "Utilities’ business models for renewable energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2483-2493.
- Morris, Michael & Schindehutte, Minet & Allen, Jeffrey, 2005. "The entrepreneur's business model: toward a unified perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 726-735, June.
- Okay, Nesrin & Akman, Ugur, 2010.
"Analysis of ESCO activities using country indicators,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2760-2771, December.
- Okay, Nesrin & Akman, Ugur, 2009. "Analysis of ESCO Activities Using Country Indicators," MPRA Paper 17012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolfgang Ulaga & Werner Reinartz, 2011. "Hybrid Offerings: How Manufacturing Firms Combine Goods and Services Successfully," Post-Print hal-00642039, HAL.
- Deng, Qianli & Jiang, Xianglin & Cui, Qingbin & Zhang, Limao, 2015. "Strategic design of cost savings guarantee in energy performance contracting under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 68-80.
- Thollander, Patrik & Danestig, Maria & Rohdin, Patrik, 2007. "Energy policies for increased industrial energy efficiency: Evaluation of a local energy programme for manufacturing SMEs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5774-5783, November.
- Bohnsack, René & Pinkse, Jonatan & Kolk, Ans, 2014.
"Business models for sustainable technologies: Exploring business model evolution in the case of electric vehicles,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 284-300.
- René Bohnsack & Jonatan Pinkse & Ans Kolk, 2014. "Business models for sustainable technologies: Exploring business model evolution in the case of electric vehicles," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00936886, HAL.
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
- Mahapatra, Krushna & Gustavsson, Leif & Haavik, Trond & Aabrekk, Synnøve & Svendsen, Svend & Vanhoutteghem, Lies & Paiho, Satu & Ala-Juusela, Mia, 2013. "Business models for full service energy renovation of single-family houses in Nordic countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1558-1565.
- Vine, Edward, 2005. "An international survey of the energy service company (ESCO) industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 691-704, March.
- Thollander, Patrik & Mardan, Nawzad & Karlsson, Magnus, 2009. "Optimization as investment decision support in a Swedish medium-sized iron foundry - A move beyond traditional energy auditing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 433-440, April.
- Rudberg, Martin & Waldemarsson, Martin & Lidestam, Helene, 2013. "Strategic perspectives on energy management: A case study in the process industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 487-496.
- Shafer, Scott M. & Smith, H. Jeff & Linder, Jane C., 2005. "The power of business models," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 199-207.
- Marino, Angelica & Bertoldi, Paolo & Rezessy, Silvia & Boza-Kiss, Benigna, 2011. "A snapshot of the European energy service market in 2010 and policy recommendations to foster a further market development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6190-6198, October.
- Hannon, Matthew J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Gale, William F., 2013. "The co-evolutionary relationship between Energy Service Companies and the UK energy system: Implications for a low-carbon transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1031-1045.
- Sorrell, Steve & Dimitropoulos, John & Sommerville, Matt, 2009. "Empirical estimates of the direct rebound effect: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1356-1371, April.
- Satchwell, Andrew & Cappers, Peter & Goldman, Charles, 2011. "Carrots and sticks: A comprehensive business model for the successful achievement of energy efficiency resource standards," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 218-225.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2007. "The economics of energy service contracts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 507-521, January.
- Okkonen, Lasse & Suhonen, Niko, 2010. "Business models of heat entrepreneurship in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3443-3452, July.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Suhonen, Niko & Okkonen, Lasse, 2013. "The Energy Services Company (ESCo) as business model for heat entrepreneurship-A case study of North Karelia, Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 783-787.
- Bertoldi, Paolo & Rezessy, Silvia & Vine, Edward, 2006. "Energy service companies in European countries: Current status and a strategy to foster their development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1818-1832, September.
- Gebauer, Heiko & Fleisch, Elgar & Friedli, Thomas, 2005. "Overcoming the Service Paradox in Manufacturing Companies," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 14-26, February.
- Henry Chesbrough & Richard S. Rosenbloom, 2002. "The role of the business model in capturing value from innovation: evidence from Xerox Corporation's technology spin-off companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 529-555, June.
- Dubois, Anna & Gadde, Lars-Erik, 2002. "Systematic combining: an abductive approach to case research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 553-560, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:192:y:2017:i:c:p:106-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:345-355 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:114:y:2018:i:c:p:63-76 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy service; ESCo; Activities; Energy efficiency; Business model; Business model innovation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:171:y:2016:i:c:p:491-500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.