Scenarios for Australian agricultural production and land use to 2050
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benitez, Pablo C. & McCallum, Ian & Obersteiner, Michael & Yamagata, Yoshiki, 2007. "Global potential for carbon sequestration: Geographical distribution, country risk and policy implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 572-583, January.
- Rutten, Martine & van Dijk, Michiel & van Rooij, Wilbert & Hilderink, Henk, 2014. "Land Use Dynamics, Climate Change, and Food Security in Vietnam: A Global-to-local Modeling Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 29-46.
- Hayward, Jennifer A. & Graham, Paul W., 2013. "A global and local endogenous experience curve model for projecting future uptake and cost of electricity generation technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 537-548.
- Sakschewski, Boris & von Bloh, Werner & Huber, Veronika & Müller, Christoph & Bondeau, Alberte, 2014. "Feeding 10 billion people under climate change: How large is the production gap of current agricultural systems?," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 288(C), pages 103-111.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & McCarl, Bruce A. & Schmid, Erwin, 2007. "Agricultural sector analysis on greenhouse gas mitigation in US agriculture and forestry," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 128-140, May.
- Kathy Hibbard & Anthony Janetos, 2013. "The regional nature of global challenges: a need and strategy for integrated regional modeling," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 565-577, June.
- Haim, David & White, Eric M. & Alig, Ralph J., 2014. "Permanence of agricultural afforestation for carbon sequestration under stylized carbon markets in the U.S," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 12-21.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2012.
"Estimating the Short-Run Poverty Impacts of the 2010–11 Surge in Food Prices,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2302-2317.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2011. "Estimating the short-run poverty impacts of the 2010-11 surge in food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5633, The World Bank.
- Harvey, Mark & Pilgrim, Sarah, 2011. "The new competition for land: Food, energy, and climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 40-51.
- Kym Anderson & Maros Ivanic & William J. Martin, 2014.
"Food Price Spikes, Price Insulation, and Poverty,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Food Price Volatility, pages 311-339,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kym Anderson & Maros Ivanic & Will Martin, 2013. "Food Price Spikes, Price Insulation, and Poverty," Departmental Working Papers 2013-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Kym Anderson & Maros Ivanic & Will Martin, 2013. "Food Price Spikes, Price Insulation and Poverty," NBER Working Papers 19530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, Kym & Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2013. "Food Price Spikes, Price Insulation, and Poverty," CEPR Discussion Papers 9555, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2013. "Food price spikes, price insulation, and poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6535, The World Bank.
- Hughes, Neal & Lawson, Kenton & Davidson, Alistair & Jackson, Tom & Sheng, Yu, 2011. "Productivity pathways: climate-adjusted production frontiers for the Australian broadacre cropping industry," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100563, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Gordon, Line J. & Finlayson, C. Max & Falkenmark, Malin, 2010. "Managing water in agriculture for food production and other ecosystem services," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 512-519, April.
- Jonathan Winsten & Sarah Walker & Sandra Brown & Sean Grimland, 2011. "Estimating carbon supply curves from afforestation of agricultural land in the Northeastern U.S," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(8), pages 925-942, December.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2009. "Dollar a Day Revisited," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 163-184, June.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Beddow, Jason M. & Hurley, Terrance M. & Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Eidman, Vernon R., 2014.
"A Bounds Analysis of World Food Futures: Global Agriculture Through to 2050,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(4), October.
- Philip G. Pardey & Jason M. Beddow & Terrance M. Hurley & Timothy K.M. Beatty & Vernon R. Eidman, 2014. "A Bounds Analysis of World Food Futures: Global Agriculture Through to 2050," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(4), pages 571-589, October.
- Jesse H. Ausubel & Iddo K. Wernick & Paul E. Waggoner, 2013. "Peak Farmland and the Prospect for Land Sparing," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 38, pages 221-242, February.
- Christoph Schmitz & Hans van Meijl & Page Kyle & Gerald C. Nelson & Shinichiro Fujimori & Angelo Gurgel & Petr Havlik & Edwina Heyhoe & Daniel Mason d'Croz & Alexander Popp & Ron Sands & Andrzej Tabea, 2014. "Land-use change trajectories up to 2050: insights from a global agro-economic model comparison," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 69-84, January.
- Kevin Hanslow, 2010. "NIAM: National Integrated Assessment Model - Proof-of-concept development and application," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-210, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Elberg Nielsen, Anne Sofie & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Alig, Ralph J., 2014. "Mitigating climate change through afforestation: New cost estimates for the United States," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 83-98.
- Harvey, Mark & Pilgrim, Sarah, 2011. "The new competition for land: Food, energy, and climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(Supplemen), pages 40-51, January.
- Bryan, Brett Anthony & Crossman, Neville David, 2013. "Impact of multiple interacting financial incentives on land use change and the supply of ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 4(C), pages 60-72.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Palazzo, Amanda & Gray, Ian & Ingersoll, Christina & Robertson, Richard & Tokgoz, Simla & Zhu, Tingju & Sulser, Timothy B. & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & , 2010. "Food security, farming, and climate change to 2050: Scenarios, results, policy options," Research reports Gerald C. Nelson, et al., International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Erb, Karl-Heinz & Haberl, Helmut & Plutzar, Christoph, 2012. "Dependency of global primary bioenergy crop potentials in 2050 on food systems, yields, biodiversity conservation and political stability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 260-269.
- Odegard, I.Y.R. & van der Voet, E., 2014. "The future of food — Scenarios and the effect on natural resource use in agriculture in 2050," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 51-59.
- Alexander Popp & Steven Rose & Katherine Calvin & Detlef Vuuren & Jan Dietrich & Marshall Wise & Elke Stehfest & Florian Humpenöder & Page Kyle & Jasper Vliet & Nico Bauer & Hermann Lotze-Campen & Dav, 2014. "Land-use transition for bioenergy and climate stabilization: model comparison of drivers, impacts and interactions with other land use based mitigation options," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Martin Lampe & Dirk Willenbockel & Helal Ahammad & Elodie Blanc & Yongxia Cai & Katherine Calvin & Shinichiro Fujimori & Tomoko Hasegawa & Petr Havlik & Edwina Heyhoe & Page Kyle & Hermann Lotze-Campe, 2014. "Why do global long-term scenarios for agriculture differ? An overview of the AgMIP Global Economic Model Intercomparison," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 3-20, January.
- Detlef Vuuren & Jae Edmonds & Mikiko Kainuma & Keywan Riahi & Allison Thomson & Kathy Hibbard & George Hurtt & Tom Kram & Volker Krey & Jean-Francois Lamarque & Toshihiko Masui & Malte Meinshausen & N, 2011. "The representative concentration pathways: an overview," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 5-31, November.
- Eric Audsley & Mirek Trnka & Santiago Sabaté & Joan Maspons & Anabel Sanchez & Daniel Sandars & Jan Balek & Kerry Pearn, 2015. "Interactively modelling land profitability to estimate European agricultural and forest land use under future scenarios of climate, socio-economics and adaptation," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 215-227, February.
- P. Polglase & A. Reeson & C. Hawkins & K. Paul & A. Siggins & J. Turner & D. Crawford & T. Jovanovic & T. Hobbs & K. Opie & J. Carwardine & A. Almeida, 2013. "Potential for forest carbon plantings to offset greenhouse emissions in Australia: economics and constraints to implementation," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 121(2), pages 161-175, November.
- Baffes, John & De Gorter, Harry, 2005. "Disciplining agricultural support through decoupling," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3533, The World Bank.
- Philip G. Pardey & Julian M. Alston & Connie Chan-Kang, 2013. "Public agricultural R&D over the past half century: an emerging new world order," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 103-113, November.
- Colin A. Carter & Gordon C. Rausser & Aaron Smith, 2011. "Commodity Booms and Busts," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 87-118, October.
- Dong, Ming & Bryan, Brett A. & Connor, Jeffery D. & Nolan, Martin & Gao, Lei, 2015. "Land use mapping error introduces strongly-localised, scale-dependent uncertainty into land use and ecosystem services modelling," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 63-74.
- Monjardino, M. & McBeath, T. & Ouzman, J. & Llewellyn, R. & Jones, B., 2015. "Farmer risk-aversion limits closure of yield and profit gaps: A study of nitrogen management in the southern Australian wheatbelt," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 108-118.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mosnier, Claire & Duclos, Anne & Agabriel, Jacques & Gac, Armelle, 2017. "What prospective scenarios for 2035 will be compatible with reduced impact of French beef and dairy farm on climate change?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 193-201.
More about this item
KeywordsFutures; Australia; Intensification; Cropping; Food security; Climate change; Global change; Carbon sequestration; Modelling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:142:y:2016:i:c:p:70-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.