Smallholder production structure and rural roads in Africa: the case of Nakuru District, Kenya
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalton, Timothy J. & Masters, William A. & Foster, Kenneth A., 1997.
"Production costs and input substitution in Zimbabwe's smallholder agriculture,"
Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 201-209, December.
- Dalton, Timothy J. & Masters, William A. & Foster, Kenneth A., 1997. "Production costs and input substitution in Zimbabwe's smallholder agriculture," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Hassan, Rashid M., 1996. "Planting strategies of maize farmers in Kenya: a simultaneous equations analysis in the presence of discrete dependent variables," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(2), November.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-888, September.
- Islam, Nurul, 1997. "The nonfarm sector and rural development: review of issues and evidence," 2020 vision discussion papers 22, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jayne, T S, 1994. "Do High Food Marketing Costs Constrain Cash Crop Production? Evidence from Zimbabwe," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 387-402, January.
- Feltenstein, Andrew & Ha, Jiming, 1995. "The Role of Infrastructure in Mexican Economic Reform," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 287-304, May.
- Steven Were Omamo, 1998. "Transport Costs and Smallholder Cropping Choices: An Application to Siaya District, Kenya," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 116-123.
- Hassan, Rashid M., 1996. "Planting strategies of maize farmers in Kenya: a simultaneous equations analysis in the presence of discrete dependent variables," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 137-149, November.
- Fafchamps, Marcel*Gabre-Madhin, Eleni, 2001. "Agricultural markets in Benin and Malawi : the operation and performance of traders," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2734, The World Bank.
- Goetz, Stephan J, 1993. "Interlinked Markets and the Cash Crop-Food Crop Debate in Land-Abundant Tropical Agriculture," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 343-361, January.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-676, August.
- Delgado, Christopher L., 1995. "Africa's changing agricultural development strategies: past and present paradigms as a guide to the future," 2020 vision discussion papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noah, Kibet, 2010. "The Role of Extraneous Incentives and Drivers in Farm Enterprise Diversification: A Study of Passion-Fruit (Passiflora edulis) Uptake in Uasin-Gishu County, Kenya," Research Theses 243463, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Winter-Nelson, Alex & Argwings-Kodhek, Gem, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Kenya," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48521, World Bank.
- Pierre Boulanger & Hasan Dudu & Emanuele Ferrari & Mainar Causape Alfredo & Ilaria Proietti, 2017. "Boosting the Fertilizer Production in Kenya: a CGE analysis," JRC Working Papers JRC104685, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Falconnier, Gatien N. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Van Mourik, Thomas A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E., 2015. "Understanding farm trajectories and development pathways: Two decades of change in southern Mali," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 210-222.
- Maganga, Assa & Mehare, Abure & Ngoma, Kisa & Magombo, Elizabeth & Gondwe, Paul, 2011. "Determinants of smallholder farmers’ demand for purchased inputs in Lilongwe District, Malawi: evidence from Mitundu extension planning area," MPRA Paper 34590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Escobal, Javier, 2005. "The Role of Public Infraestructure in Market Development in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuyiah, Joanne Wasswa & Obare, Gideon A. & Herrero, Mario & Waithaka, Michael M., 2006. "Agriculture, Income Risks and Rural Poverty Dynamics: Strategies of Smallholder Producers in Kenya," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25596, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Odendo, Martins & Obare, Gideon A. & Salasya, Beatrice, 2010. "Determinants of the Speed of Adoption of Soil Fertility-Enhancing Technologies in Western Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96192, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Ariga, Joshua & Jayne, Thom S. & Kibaara, Betty & Nyoro, James K., 2008.
"Trends and Patterns in Fertilizer Use by Smallholder Farmers in Kenya, 1997-2007,"
202615, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Ariga, Joshua & Jayne, Thomas S. & Kibaara, Betty & Nyoro, James K., 2008. "Trends and Patterns in Fertilizer Use by Smallholder Farmers in Kenya, 1997-2007," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55169, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
- Ekbom, Anders & Sterner, Thomas, 2009. "Soil Properties and Soil Conservation Investments in Agricultural Production - a Case study of Kenya’s Central Highlands," Working Papers in Economics 340, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ekbom, Anders & Sterner, Thomas, 2008. "Production Function Analysis of Soil Properties and Soil Conservation Investments in Tropical Agriculture," Discussion Papers dp-08-20-efd, Resources For the Future.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2007. "Generating plausible crop distribution and performance maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach:," IFPRI discussion papers 725, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Obare, Gideon A. & Mwakubo, Samuel M. & Ouma, Emily Awuor & Mohammed, Lutta & Omiti, John M., 2004. "Social Capital and Soil Erosion Control in Agriculturally Marginal Areas of Kenya: The Case of Machakos and Taita-Taveta Districts," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9532, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:28:y:2003:i:3:p:245-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .