Meso-Economic Filters Along the Policy Chain: Understanding the Links Between Policy Reforms and Rural Poverty in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alberto Zezza & Luis Llambi, 2001. "Meso-Economic Filters Along the Policy Chain: Understanding the links between policy reforms and rural poverty in Latin America," Working Papers 02-08, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Incentives and Risk Sharing in Sharecropping," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 219-255.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Jolly, Richard & Stewart, Frances (ed.), 1987. "Adjustment with a Human Face: Volume 1, Protecting the Vulnerable and Promoting Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286097.
- Nigel Key & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain De Janvry, 2000. "Transactions Costs and Agricultural Household Supply Response," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 245-259.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2000. "Rural poverty in Latin America: Determinants and exit paths," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 389-409, August.
- Steven Were Omamo, 1998. "Transport Costs and Smallholder Cropping Choices: An Application to Siaya District, Kenya," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 116-123.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
- North, Douglass C, 1994. "Economic Performance through Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- Hans Löfgren & Sherman Robinson, 1999. "Nonseparable Farm Household Decisions in a Computable General Equilibrium Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 663-670.
- Staal, Steven & Delgado, Christopher & Nicholson, Charles, 1997. "Smallholder dairying under transactions costs in East Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 779-794, May.
- Michael Hubbard, 1997. "The 'New Institutional Economics' In Agricultural Development: Insights And Challenges," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 239-249.
- Michael Kevane, 1996. "Agrarian Structure and Agricultural Practice: Typology and Application to Western Sudan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 236-245.
- T Vernimmen & W Verbeke & G van Huylenbroeck, 2000. "Transaction cost analysis of outsourcing farm administration by Belgian farmers," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 325-345, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1986. "The new development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 257-265, February.
- Steven Were Omamo, 1998. "Farm-to-market transaction costs and specialisation in small-scale agriculture: Explorations with a non-separable household model," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 152-163.
- Yutopoulos, Pan A. & Lau, Lawrence J., 1974. "On modeling the agricultural sector in developing economies : An integrated approach of micro and macroeconomics," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 105-127, September.
- Buckley, Peter J & Chapman, Malcolm, 1997. "The Perception and Measurement of Transaction Costs," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 127-145, March.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Hymer, Stephen H & Resnick, Stephen, 1969. "A Model of an Agrarian Economy with Nonagricultural Activities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 493-506, Part I Se.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Udry, Christopher, 1999. "Development Microeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773719.
- Jill E. Hobbs, 1997. "Measuring the Importance of Transaction Costs in Cattle Marketing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1083-1095.
- John J. Wallis & Douglass North, 1986. "Measuring the Transaction Sector in the American Economy, 1870-1970," NBER Chapters,in: Long-Term Factors in American Economic Growth, pages 95-162 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matkovskyy, Roman, 2012. "A meso-level representation of economic systems: a theoretical approach," MPRA Paper 44093, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2013.
- Siegel, Paul B., 2005. "Using an asset-based approach to identify drivers of sustainable rural growth and poverty reduction in Central America : a conceptual framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3475, The World Bank.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Jansen, Hans G.P. & Siegel, Paul B. & Pichon, Francisco, 2005. "Geographic space, assets, livelihoods and well-being in rural Central America," DSGD discussion papers 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2004. "Drivers of Sustainable Rural Growth and Poverty Reduction in Central America : Guatemala Case Study, Volume 1. Executive Summary and Main Text," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14560, The World Bank.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Jansen, Hans G.P. & Siegel, Paul B. & Pichon, Francisco, 2006. "El espacio geográfico, los activos, los medios de vida y el bienstar en las zonas rurales de CentroAmérica: evidencia empìrica de Guatemala, Honduras y Nicaragua," DSGD discussion papers 26SP, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thomas Lamarche & Martino Nieddu & Pascal Grouiez & Jean-Pierre Chanteau & Agnès Labrousse & Sandrine Michel & Julien Vercueil, 2015.
"A regulationist method of meso-analysis
[Les régulations mésoéconomiques : saisir la variété des espaces de régulation]," Post-Print hal-01163875, HAL.
- Hans G.P. Jansen & Paul B. Siegel & Jeffrey Alwang & Francisco Pichón, 2005. "Geography, Livelihoods and Rural Poverty in Honduras: An Empirical Analysis using an Asset-base Approach," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 134, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2004. "Drivers of Sustainable Rural Growth and Poverty Reduction in Central America : Honduras Case Study, Volume 1. Executive Summary and Main Text," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14399, The World Bank.
- Jansen, Hans G.P. & Siegel, Paul B. & Pichón, Francisco, 2005. "Identifying the drivers of sustainable rural growth and poverty reduction in Honduras," DSGD discussion papers 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:11:p:1865-1884. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.