The nonfarm sector and rural development: review of issues and evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Albert & Johnston, Bruce, 1995. "Rural Development and Dynamic Externalities in Taiwan's Structural Transformation," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 180-208, October.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. M., 1995. "Returns to schooling in non-farm self-employment: An econometric case study of Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1215-1227, July.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Hazell, Peter B. & Haggblade, Steven, 1990. "Rural - urban growth linkages in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 430, The World Bank.
- Livingstone, Ian, 1991. "A reassessment of Kenya's rural and urban informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 651-670, June.
- Dessing, M., 1990. "Support For Microenterprises; Lessons For Sub-Saharan Africa," Papers 122, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Hazell, P. B. R. & Hojjati, Behjat, 1995. "Farm-nonfarm growth linkages in Zambia:," EPTD discussion papers 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hazell, Peter B R & Hojjati, Behjat, 1995. "Farm/Non-farm Growth Linkages in Zambia," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 4(3), pages 406-435, December.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Hazell, P. B. R. & Roell, Ailsa, 1983. "Rural growth linkages: household expenditure patterns in Malaysia and Nigeria," Research reports 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haroon Jamal, 1995. "Explanation of Off-farm Work Participation in Rural Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 139-148.
- Pernia, Ernesto M. & Pernia, Joseph M., 1986. "An economic and social impact analysis of small industry promotion: A Philippine experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 637-651, May.
- Lanjouw, Jean O. & Lanjouw, Peter, 1995. "Rural nonfarm employment : a survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1463, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin & Hossain, Mahabub, 1990. "Developmental impact of rural infrastructure in Bangladesh:," Research reports 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tendler, Judith & Amorim, Monica Alves, 1996. "Small firms and their helpers: Lessons on demand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 407-426, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Obare, G. A. & Omamo, S. W. & Williams, J. C., 2003. "Smallholder production structure and rural roads in Africa: the case of Nakuru District, Kenya," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 245-254, May.
- Tatiana Tikhonova & Olga Shik, 2008. "Alternative Employment in Rural Area in Russia," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 114P, pages 224-224.
- Nong Zhu & Xubei Luo, 2014. "The Impact of migration on rural poverty and inequality: a case study in China," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-08, CIRANO.
- Zhu, Nong & Luo, Xubei, 2008. "The impact of remittances on rural poverty and inequality in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4637, The World Bank.
- Lay, Jann & M'Mukaria, George Michuki & Omar Mahmoud, Toman, 2007.
"Boda-bodas rule: Non-agricultural activities and their inequality implications in Western Kenya,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
6543, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jann Lay & George Michuki M’Mukaria & Toman Omar Mahmoud, 2007. "Boda-bodas Rule: Non-agricultural Activities and Their Inequality Implications in Western Kenya," GIGA Working Paper Series 48, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Lay, Jann & M'Mukaria, George Michuki & Omar Mahmoud, Toman, 2007. "Boda bodas rule: Non-agricultural activities and their inequality implications in Western Kenya," Kiel Working Papers 1314, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lay, Jann & M'Mukaria, George Michuki & Omar Mahmoud, Toman, 2007. "Boda-bodas rule: Non-agricultural activities and their inequality implications in Western Kenya," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 20, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Ranjan, Sharad, 2006. "Occupational Diversification And Access To Rural Employment: Revisiting The Non Farm Employment Debate," MPRA Paper 7870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhu, Nong & Luo, Xubei, 2006. "Nonfarm activity and rural income inequality : a case study of two provinces in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3811, The World Bank.
- Obare, Gideon A. & Omamo, S.W. & Williams, J.C., 2003. "Smallholder production structure and rural roads in Africa: the case of Nakuru District, Kenya," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 28(3), May.
- Riithi, A.N. & Maina, J.M., 2015. "Determinants of Participation in the Nonfarm Sector in a Conflict-Based Resettlement Scheme," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212694, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar Bhaumik, Sankar, 2007. "Diversification of Employment and Earnings by Rural Households in West Bengal," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 62(4).
- Ademar Ribeiro Romeiro, 2001. "Développement économique et agriculture familiale au Brésil," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 42(167), pages 633-655.
More about this item
KeywordsRural development Government policy.; Rural development Planning.; Rural conditions Analysis.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:2020dp:22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .