Total Factor Productivity and Energy Intensity in Indian Manufacturing: A Cross-Sectional Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005. "Firm Size Matters: Growth and Productivity Growth in African Manufacturing," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 545-583, April.
- Barnett, A. H. & Reutter, Keith & Thompson, Henry, 1998. "Electricity substitution: some local industrial evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 411-419, September.
- Mahmud, Syed F., 2000. "The energy demand in the manufacturing sector of Pakistan: some further results," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 641-648, December.
- Laia Castany & Enrique López-Bazo & Rosina Moreno, 2007.
"Decomposing differences in total factor productivity across firm size,"
XREAP2007-01, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Mar 2007.
- Laia Castany & Enrique Lopez-Bazo & Rosina Moreno, 2007. "Decomposing differences in total factor productivity across firm size," IREA Working Papers 200705, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2007.
- Chang, Kuo-Ping, 1994. "Capital-energy substitution and the multi-level CES production function," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 22-26, January.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Siegel, Donald, 1990.
"The effects of leveraged buyouts on productivity and related aspects of firm behavior,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 165-194, September.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Donald Siegel, 1989. "The Effects of Leveraged Buyouts on Productivity and Related Aspects of Firm Behavior," NBER Working Papers 3022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank R Lichtenberg & Donald Siegel, 1989. "The Effects Of Leveraged Buyouts On Productivity And Related Aspects Of Firm Behavior," Working Papers 89-5, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Moses Abramovitz, 1956. "Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abra56-1, June.
- Chandan Sharma & Ritesh Kumar Mishra, 2011. "Does export and productivity growth linkage exist? Evidence from the Indian manufacturing industry," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(6), pages 633-652, November.
- Yi, Feng, 2000. "Dynamic energy-demand models: a comparison," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 285-297, April.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joyashree Roy & Jayant Sathaye & Alan Sanstad & Puran Mongia & Katja Schumacher, 1999. "Productivity Trends in India's Energy Intensive Industries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 33-61.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2009. "Substitution possibilities and determinants of energy intensity for China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1793-1804, May.
- Richard G. Lipsey & Kenneth Carlaw, 2000. "What Does Total Factor Productivity Measure?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 1, pages 31-40, Fall.
- Mongia, Puran & Schumacher, Katja & Sathaye, Jayant, 2001. "Policy reforms and productivity growth in India's energy intensive industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 715-724, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tombe, Trevor & Winter, Jennifer, 2015.
"Environmental policy and misallocation: The productivity effect of intensity standards,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 137-163.
- Trevor Tombe & Jennifer Winter, "undated". "Environmental Policy and Misallocation: The Productivity Effect of Intensity Standards," Working Papers 2013-29, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 04 Feb 2017.
- Muslima Zahan & Ron S. Kenett, 2013. "Modeling and Forecasting Energy Consumption in the Manufacturing Industry in South Asia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 87-98.
- France Krizanic & Zan Jan Oplotnik & Vasja Kolsek & Alenka Kavkler, 2015. "Production Factors Use in the European Electricity Producing Companies During the Last Financial Crisis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 725-730.
- Cantore, Nicola & Calì, Massimiliano & Velde, Dirk Willem te, 2016. "Does energy efficiency improve technological change and economic growth in developing countries?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 279-285.
More about this item
KeywordsProduction function; Total Factor Productivity; Energy Intensity; Indian Manufacturing Industries;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2011-02-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.