Social norms, inequality and fertility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Omer Moav, 2005. "Cheap Children and the Persistence of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 88-110, January.
- Galor, Oded & Zang, Hyoungsoo, 1997.
"Fertility, income distribution, and economic growth: Theory and cross-country evidence,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 197-229, May.
- Oded Galor & Hyoungsoo Zang, 1995. "Fertility, income distribution, and economic growth: Theory and cross-country evidence," Working Papers 95-01, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- David de la Croix & Matthias Doepke, 2003.
"Inequality and Growth: Why Differential Fertility Matters,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1091-1113, September.
- DE LA CROIX, David & DOEPKE, Matthias, 2001. "Inequality and Growth : Why Differential Fertility Matters," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001008, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- DE LA CROIX, David & DOEPKE, Matthias, 2003. "Inequality and growth: why differential fertility matters," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1676, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David de la Croix & Matthias Doepke, 2001. "Inequality and Growth: Why Differential Fertility Matters," UCLA Economics Working Papers 803, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Munshi, Kaivan & Myaux, Jacques, 2006. "Social norms and the fertility transition," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 1-38, June.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-1676 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morand, Olivier F, 1999. "Endogenous Fertility, Income Distribution, and Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 331-349, September.
- Ronald Freedman & Lolagene Coombs & Larry Bumpass, 1965. "Stability and change in expectations about family size: A longitudinal study," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 2(1), pages 250-275, March.
- Palivos, Theodore, 2001. "Social norms, fertility and economic development," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1919-1934, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Chakraborty, Shankha, 2012.
"Fertility choice under child mortality and social norms,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 338-341.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2012. "Fertility Choice Under Child Mortality and Social Norms," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34911, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08j10008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.