Investing Volatile Resource Revenues in Capital-Scarce Economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Hurlin & Florence Arestoff, 2010. "Are Public Investment Efficient in Creating Capital Stocks in Developing Countries?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 3177-3187.
- Pritchett, Lant, 2000.
"The Tyranny of Concepts: CUDIE (Cumulated, Depreciated, Investment Effort) Is Not Capital,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 361-384, December.
- Pritchett, Lant, 2000. "The tyranny of concepts - CUDIE (Cumulated, Depreciated Investment Effort) is NOT capital," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2341, The World Bank.
- Bai, Chong-En & Qian, Yingyi, 2010. "Infrastructure development in China: The cases of electricity, highways, and railways," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters, in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ton S van den Bremer & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2013.
"Managing and Harnessing Volatile Oil Windfalls,"
IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 61(1), pages 130-167, April.
- Van Den Bremer, Ton & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2012. "Managing and Harnessing Volatile Oil Windfalls," CEPR Discussion Papers 9209, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rick Van der Ploeg & Ton S. van den Bremer, 2012. "Managing and Harnessing Volatile Oil Windfalls," OxCarre Working Papers 085, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, June.
- Arestoff, Florence & Hurlin, Christophe, 2006.
"Estimates of government net capital stocks for 26 developing countries, 1970-2002,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3858, The World Bank.
- F. Arestoff & Christophe Hurlin, 2008. "Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 26 Developing Countries, 1970-2002," Post-Print halshs-00257375, HAL.
- Gros, Daniel & Mayer, Thomas, 2012. "A Sovereign Wealth Fund to Lift Germany’s Curse of Excess Savings," CEPS Papers 7229, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Anthony Venables, 2010.
"Resource rents; when to spend and how to save,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(4), pages 340-356, August.
- Venables, Anthony J, 2010. "Resource rents; when to spend and how to save," CEPR Discussion Papers 7875, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anthony Venables, 2010. "Resource Rents: When to spend and how to save," OxCarre Working Papers 044, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rioja, Felix K., 2003. "Filling potholes: macroeconomic effects of maintenance versus new investments in public infrastructure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 2281-2304, September.
- Andrew Berg & Rafael Portillo & Shu-Chun S Yang & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2013.
"Public Investment in Resource-Abundant Developing Countries,"
IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 61(1), pages 92-129, April.
- Andrew Berg & Rafael A Portillo & Susan S. Yang & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2012. "Public Investment in Resource-Abundant Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2012/274, International Monetary Fund.
- James D. Hamilton, 2009. "Understanding Crude Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 179-206.
- H. Takizawa & E. H. Gardner & Kenichi Ueda, 2004. "Are Developing Countries Better Off Spending Their Oil Wealth Upfront?," IMF Working Papers 04/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad, 2013.
"Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 120-131.
- Reda Cherif & Fuad Hasanov, 2012. "Oil Exporters' Dilemma; How Much to Save and How Much to Invest," IMF Working Papers 12/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Collier & Rick Van Der Ploeg & Michael Spence & Anthony J Venables, 2010. "Managing Resource Revenues in Developing Economies," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 84-118, April.
- Bems, Rudolfs & de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2011. "The current account and precautionary savings for exporters of exhaustible resources," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 48-64, May.
- Christopher S Adam & David Bevan, 2014. "Public Investment, Public Finance, and Growth; The Impact of Distortionary Taxation, Recurrent Costs, and Incomplete Appropriability," IMF Working Papers 14/73, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter S. Heller, 1974. "Public Investment in LDC's with Recurrent Cost Constraint: The Kenyan Case," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 251-277.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2016.
"Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and absorptive capacity,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 17-31.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2015. "Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and abssoptive capacity," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 115, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Sayadi, Mohammad & Khoshkalam Khosroshahi, Musa, 2020. "Assessing Alternative Investment Policies in a Resource-Rich Capital-Scarce Country: Results from a DSGE analysis for Iran," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:pacecr:v:20:y:2015:i:1:p:193-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1361-374X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.