Phillips Curve and the Equilibrium Unemployment Rate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- G.C. Lim & R. Dixon & S. Tsiaplias, 2009. "Phillips Curve and the Equalibrium Unemployment Rate," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1070, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bean, Charles R, 1994. "European Unemployment: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 573-619, June.
- Mark Crosby & Nilss Olekalns, 1998.
"Inflation, Unemployment and the NAIRU in Australia,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 31(2), pages 117-129.
- Grosby, M. & Olekalns, N., 1996. "Inflation, Unemployment and the NAIRU in Australia," Papers 96/31, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Crosby, M. & Olekalns, N., 1997. "Inflation, Unemployment and the Nairu in Australia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 543, The University of Melbourne.
- Steven Kennedy & Nghi Luu & Anthony Goldbloom, 2008. "Examining Full Employment in Australia Using the Phillips and Beveridge Curves," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 41(3), pages 286-297, September.
- Gruen, David & Pagan, Adrian & Thompson, Christopher, 1999. "The Phillips curve in Australia," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 223-258, October.
- Parkin, Michael, 1973.
"The Short-Run and Long-Run Trade-Offs Between Inflation and Unemployment in Australia,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(21), pages 127-144, December.
- Michael Parkin, 1973. "The Short Run and Long Run Trade-offs between Inflation and Unemployment in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp31, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Robert Dixon & John Freebairn & Guay Lim, 2007.
"Time-varying equilibrium rates of unemployment: an analysis with Australian data,"
Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE),
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 10(4), pages 205-225, December.
- Robert Dixon & John Freebairn & G. C. Lim, 2006. "Time-Varying Equilibrium Rates of Unemployment: An Analysis with Australian Data," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n11, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Wallis, Kenneth F, 1993.
"On Macroeconomic Policy and Macroeconometric Models,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(205), pages 113-130, June.
- Wallis, K.F., 1992. "On Macroeconomic Policy and Macroeconometric Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 264, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jeff Borland & Ian McDonald, 2000. "Labour Market Models of Unemployment in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Debelle, Guy & Vickery, James, 1998.
"Is the Phillips Curve a Curve? Some Evidence and Implications for Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 74(227), pages 384-398, December.
- Guy Debelle & James Vickery, 1997. "Is the Phillips Curve a Curve? Some Evidence and Implications for Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9706, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1968. "Money-Wage Dynamics and Labor-Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 678-678.
- Lipsey, Richard G, 1974. "The Micro Theory of the Phillips Curve Reconsidered: A Reply to Holmes and Smyth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(161), pages 62-70, February.
- Joseph Stiglitz, 1997. "Reflections on the Natural Rate Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 3-10, Winter.
- Grubb, David B. & Jackman, Richard & Layard, Richard, 1983. "Wage rigidity and unemployment in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 11-39.
- Breitung, Jorg, 2002. "Nonparametric tests for unit roots and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 343-363, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Norman & Anthony Richards, 2012. "The Forecasting Performance of Single Equation Models of Inflation," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(280), pages 64-78, March.
- Florian Kajuth, 2016.
"NAIRU Estimates for Germany: New Evidence on the Inflation–Unemployment Tradeoff,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 17(1), pages 104-125, February.
- Kajuth, Florian, 2010. "NAIRU estimates for Germany: New evidence on the inflation-unemployment trade-off," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2010,19, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jared Bullen & Jacinta Greenwell & Michael Kouparitsas & David Muller & John O’Leary & Rhett Wilcox, 2014. "Treasury's medium-term economic projection methodology," Treasury Working Papers 2014-02, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised May 2014.
- repec:bla:ausecr:v:50:y:2017:i:1:p:5-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2016. "Policy Regimes and the Shape of the Phillips Curve in Australia," MPRA Paper 71082, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2014. "A Spectral Representation of the Phillips Curve in Australia," MPRA Paper 59794, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecorec:v:85:y:2009:i:271:p:371-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esausea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.