An Experimental Economics Approach To Analyzing Price Discovery In Forward And Spot Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hennessy, 1996.
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mestelman, Stuart & Welland, Douglas, 1987. "Advance production in oral double auction markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 43-48.
- Vernon L. Smith, 1962.
"An Experimental Study of Competitive Market Behavior,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 111-111.
- Vernon L. Smith, 1962. "An Experimental Study of Competitive Market Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 322-322.
- Alan Barkema & Mark Drabenstott & Kelly Welch, 1991. "The quiet revolution in the U.S. food market," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue May, pages 25-41.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2008. "Price discovery in a private cash forward market for lumber," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Bastian Henze & Charles Noussair & Bert Willems, 2012.
"Regulation of network infrastructure investments: an experimental evaluation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 1-38, August.
- Henze, B. & Noussair, C.N. & Willems, Bert, 2011. "Regulation of Network Infrastructure Investments : An Experimental Evaluation," Discussion Paper 2011-035, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Phillips, Owen R. & Menkhaus, Dale J., 2001. "Random shocks in experimental spot and forward auction markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 545-560.
- Blank, Steven C. & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2014. "Seller-Offered Forward Contracts: An Additional Benefit to Cattle Producers from Satellite Video Auctions," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162323, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Phillips, Owen R. & Menkhaus, Dale J., 2006. "The Culture of Private Negotiation: Price Drift in Bilateral Bargaining," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21168, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Menkhaus, Dale J. & Bastian, Christopher T. & Phillips, Owen R. & O'Neill, Patrick D., 2000. "Supply And Demand Risks In Laboratory Forward And Spot Markets: Implications For Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Blank, Steven C. & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2016. "Calf and Yearling Prices in the Western United States: Spatial, Quality, and Temporal Factors in Satellite Video Auctions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
- Albert Ballinger & Gerald P. Dwyer & Ann B. Gillette, 2004. "Trading institutions and price discovery: the cash and futures markets for crude oil," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Menkhaus, Dale J. & Bastian, Christopher T. & Phillips, Owen R. & O'Neill, Patrick D., 1999. "Endogenous Choice Of Institution Under Supply And Demand Risks In Laboratory Forward And Spot Markets," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Menkhaus, Dale J. & Bastian, Christopher T. & Phillips, Owen R. & O'Neill, Patrick D., 1999. "Supply And Demand Risks In Forward And Spot Markets: Implications For Agriculture," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35693, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Miyashita, Kazuo, 2015. "Developing an Online Market Mechanism for Trading Perishable Agricultural Commodities," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212470, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsExperimental economics; Forward market; Price discovery; Spot market; Marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.