Vertical Coordination in the Pork and Broiler Industries: Implications for Pork and Chicken Products
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hennessy, 1996.
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alan Barkema & Michael L. Cook, 1993. "The changing U.S. pork industry: a dilemma for public policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 49-65.
- Rogers, Richard T., 1992. "Broilers -- Differentiating A Commodity," Research Reports 25178, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- V. James Rhodes, 1995. "The Industrialization of Hog Production," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 107-118.
- Elitzak, Howard, 1999. "Food Cost Review, 1950-97," Agricultural Economics Reports 34053, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Shelanski, Howard A & Klein, Peter G, 1995. "Empirical Research in Transaction Cost Economics: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 335-361, October.
- Brester, Gary W. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Mintert, James R., 1997. "Challenges to the Beef Industry," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 12(4).
More about this item
Keywordsvertical coordination; vertical integration; contracts; transaction costs; technology; chicken; pork; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uerser:34031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .