Supermarketization of the "Emerging Markets" of the Pacific Rim: Development and Trade Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reardon, Thomas & Codron, Jean-Marie & Busch, Lawrence & Bingen, R. James & Harris, Craig, 1999. "Global Change In Agrifood Grades And Standards: Agribusiness Strategic Responses In Developing Countries," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 2(03/04).
- Hueth, Brent & Ligon, Ethan & Wolf, Stephen & Wu, Steven, 1999. "Incentive Instruments in Agricultural Contracts: Input Control, Monitoring, Quality Measurement, and Price Risk," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5237, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dinghuan Hu & Thomas Reardon & Scott Rozelle & Peter Timmer & Honglin Wang, 2004. "The Emergence of Supermarkets with Chinese Characteristics: Challenges and Opportunities for China's Agricultural Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 557-586, September.
- Liesbeth Dries & Thomas Reardon & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for the Agrifood Sector and Rural Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 525-556, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Modern food retailers and traditional markets in developing countries: Comparing quality, prices, and competition strategies in Thailand," Discussion Papers 108348, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Sigrid C. O. Wertheim-Heck & Gert Spaargaren, 2016. "Shifting configurations of shopping practices and food safety dynamics in Hanoi, Vietnam: a historical analysis," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(3), pages 655-671, September.
- repec:mir:mirbus:v:7:y:2017:i:10:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Van Hecken, Gert, 2009. "The potential and limitations of markets and Payments for Ecosystem Services in agricultural landscape restoration: critical reflections inspired by an assessment of the RISEMP program in Matiguás-Río," IOB Discussion Papers 2009.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- H.H. Chang & C. van Marrewijk & R. Stringer & W. Umberger, 2013. "Investment, awareness, supermarkets, and profits: heterogeneous chili farmers in Indonesia," Working Papers 13-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Thornsbury, Suzanne & Davis, Kathy J. & Ward, Ronald W., 2005. "Fresh Grapefruit Supply-Chain Adjustments: Consolidation in Produce Packing?," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 36(03), November.
- Aerni, Philipp, 2013. "Do Private Standards encourage or hinder trade and innovation?," Papers 599, World Trade Institute.
- Kit Chi Chung & Pauline Fleming & Euan Fleming, 2013. "The impact of information and communication technology on international trade in fruit and vegetables in APEC," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(2), pages 117-130, November.
- Zhenzhong Si & Theresa Schumilas & Steffanie Scott, 2015. "Characterizing alternative food networks in China," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(2), pages 299-313, June.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Heerink, Nico & D'Haese, Marijke, 2010. "Evolution and challenges of dairy supply chains: Evidence from supermarkets, industries and consumers in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 60-68, February.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Marchetti, Peter, 2010. "Microfinanzas rurales y cadenas de valor agropecuarias," IOB Working Papers 2010.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Asfaw, Abay, 2007. "Supermarket purchases and the dietary patterns of households in Guatemala:," IFPRI discussion papers 696, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2008. "India - Taking Agriculture to the Market," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7919, The World Bank.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlofdr:26754. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fdrssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.