Evolution and challenges of dairy supply chains: Evidence from supermarkets, industries and consumers in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roux, Cecile & Le Couedic, Philippe & Durand-Gasselin, Sabine & Luquet, Francois-Marie, 2000. "Consumption patterns and food attitudes of a sample of 657 low-income people in France," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 91-103, February.
- Veeck, Ann & Veeck, Gregory, 2000. "Consumer Segmentation and Changing Food Purchase Patterns in Nanjing, PRC," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 457-471, March.
- Fuller, Frank & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2006.
"Got milk? The rapid rise of China's dairy sector and its future prospects,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 201-215, June.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Got Milk? The Rapid Rise of China's Dairy Sector and Its Future Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12363, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Liesbeth Dries & Thomas Reardon & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for the Agrifood Sector and Rural Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 525-556, September.
- John Humphrey, 2007. "The supermarket revolution in developing countries: tidal wave or tough competitive struggle?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 433-450, July.
- Encaoua, David & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1980. "Degree of Monopoly, Indices of Concentration and Threat of Entry," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 87-105, February.
- D'Haese, Marijke & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2005. "The rise of supermarkets and changing expenditure patterns of poor rural households case study in the Transkei area, South Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 97-113, February.
- Jansen, Hans G. P., 1992. "Dairy consumption in northern Nigeria : Implications for development policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 214-226, June.
- Dave D. Weatherspoon & Thomas Reardon, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa: Implications for Agrifood Systems and the Rural Poor," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 333-355, May.
- Berdegue, Julio A. & Balsevich, Fernando & Flores, Luis & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Central American supermarkets' private standards of quality and safety in procurement of fresh fruits and vegetables," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 254-269, June.
- Mdoe, Ntengua & Wiggins, Steve, 1996. "Dairy products demand and marketing in Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 319-336, July.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio A. & Timmer, C. Peter, 2005. "Supermarketization of the "Emerging Markets" of the Pacific Rim: Development and Trade Implications," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 36(01), March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kydd, Jonathon, 2015. "Ex-post evaluation study of IFPRIâ€™s research on high-value agriculture, 1994â€“2010," Impact assessments 39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Negassa, Asfaw & Rashid, Shahidur & Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Kennedy, Adam, 2012. "Livestock production and marketing," IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 6 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hussain, Safdar & Ahmed, Wasim & Rabnawaz, Ambar & Jafar, Rana Muhammad Sohail & Saqib, Zulkaif Ahmed & Ullah, Sana & JianZhou, Yang, 2016. "Client Intentions and Buying Behavior with Regard of Dairy Products-Review," MPRA Paper 70383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alemu, Abebe Ejigu & Adesina, Jimi, 2015. "Effects of cooperatives and contracts on rural income and production in the dairy supply chains: Evidence from Northern Ethiopia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(4), December.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0062-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Teuber, Ramona & Oshakbayev, Dauren & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "Agrifood sector transformation and its implications on development of small farmers in Kazakhstan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211357, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Nettle, Ruth, 2013. "Achievements and challenges of innovation co-production support initiatives in the Australian and Dutch dairy sectors: A comparative study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 74-89.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:259-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kebebe, E. & Duncan, AJ & Klerkx, L. & de Boer, I.J.M. & Oosting, S.J., 2015. "Understanding socio-economic and policy constraints to dairy development in Ethiopia: A coupled functional-structural innovation systems analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 69-78.
- Fuentes Navarro, E. & Faure, G. & Cortijo, E. & De Nys, E. & Bogue, J. & Gómez, C. & Mercado, W. & Gamboa, C. & Le Gal, P.-Y., 2015. "The impacts of differentiated markets on the relationship between dairy processors and smallholder farmers in the Peruvian Andes," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 145-156.
- Boniface, Bonaventure & Umberger, Wendy J., 2012. "Factors influencing Malaysian consumers’ consumption of dairy products," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124243, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
KeywordsSupermarkets Dairy supply chain Consumer behaviour Ethiopia Heckman model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:35:y:2010:i:1:p:60-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.