The supermarket revolution in developing countries: tidal wave or tough competitive struggle?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK|
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree, 2009. "Investigating Thai Shopping Behaviour: Wet-Markets, Supermarkets and Food Quality," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 51054, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Vries, Gaaitzen J. de, 2008. "Did Liberalization Start A Retail Revolution In Brazil?," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-105, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danielle Resnick & David Tschirley & Thomas Reardon & Michael Dolislager & Jason Snyder, 2015.
"The Rise of a Middle Class in East and Southern Africa: Implications for Food System Transformation,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 628-646, 07.
- Tschirley, David & Reardon, Thomas & Dolislager, Michael & Snyder, Jason, 2014. "The rise of a middle class in East and Southern Africa: Implications for food system transformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 119, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Heerink, Nico & D'Haese, Marijke, 2010. "Evolution and challenges of dairy supply chains: Evidence from supermarkets, industries and consumers in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 60-68, February.
- Reena das Nair & Shingie Chisoro, 2015. "The expansion of regional supermarket chains: Changing models of retailing and the implications for local supplier capabilities in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe," WIDER Working Paper Series 114, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Madhavan-Nambiar, Padmanand & Florkowski, Wojciech & Chinnan, Manjeet & Ressurrecion, Anna, 2015. "Shopping outlet choice and frequency in urban areas of the Republic of Uganda," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196821, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Singhal, Anushree, 2013. "FDI in Retail in India: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 46833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wertheim-Heck, Sigrid C.O. & Vellema, Sietze & Spaargaren, Gert, 2015. "Food safety and urban food markets in Vietnam: The need for flexible and customized retail modernization policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 95-106.
- Lovre, Koviljko & Papic Brankov, Tatjana, 1. "The Supermarket Revolution in the Balkan Countries: The Case of Serbia," Agroeconomia Croatica, Croatian Society of Agricultural Economists, vol. 5(1).
- Hickey, Gordon M. & Pouliot, Mariève & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven & Nielsen, Martin R., 2016. "Quantifying the economic contribution of wild food harvests to rural livelihoods: A global-comparative analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 122-132.
- Wells, Patricia Bryn & Saghaian, Sayed H. & Osborne, William, 2013. "The Expansion of Food Retail in Developing Countries and Its Effects on the Hunger Index," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142630, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Matthew Kelly & Sam-ang Seubsman & Cathy Banwell & Jane Dixon & Adrian Sleigh, 2015. "Traditional, modern or mixed? Perspectives on social, economic, and health impacts of evolving food retail in Thailand," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(3), pages 445-460, September.
- David Atkin & Benjamin Faber & Marco Gonzalez-Navarro, 2015. "Retail Globalization and Household Welfare: Evidence from Mexico," CEP Discussion Papers dp1351, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Atkin, David & Faber, Benjamin & Gonzalez Navarro, Marco, 2015. "Retail Globalization and Household Welfare: Evidence from Mexico," CEPR Discussion Papers 10593, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Atkin & Benjamin Faber & Marco Gonzalez-Navarro, 2015. "Retail globalization and household welfare:evidence from Mexico," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62575, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- David Atkin & Benjamin Faber & Marco Gonzalez-Navarro, 2015. "Retail Globalization and Household Welfare: Evidence from Mexico," NBER Working Papers 21176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sigrid C. O. Wertheim-Heck & Gert Spaargaren, 2016. "Shifting configurations of shopping practices and food safety dynamics in Hanoi, Vietnam: a historical analysis," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(3), pages 655-671, September.
- repec:zbw:espost:157986 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herforth, Nico & Theuvsen, Ludwig & Vásquez, Wilson & Wollni, Meike, 2015. "Understanding participation in modern supply chains under a social network perspective – evidence from blackberry farmers in the Ecuadorian Andes," Discussion Papers 197709, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Reena das Nair & Shingie Chisoro, 2016. "The expansion of regional supermarket chains and implications for local suppliers: A comparison of findings from South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe," WIDER Working Paper Series 169, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Reena das Nair & Shingie Chisoro, 2017. "The expansion of regional supermarket chains: Implications on suppliers in Botswana and South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 026, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jecgeo:v:7:y:2007:i:4:p:433-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed