Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on OTC Medicines Consumers
In the article is presented the case of trust-based marketing of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. The relationship between the hypotheses was tested by means of structural equation modelling. The results of the first model show that the predictor variable (consumer satisfaction with safety and information) has a significant effect on the mediator variable (consumer trust). The results of the second model show that the consumer trust also has a significant effect on virtual brand loyalty (dependent variable). Model 3 was developed by including consumer perception of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and consumer trust as independent predictor variables and virtual brand loyalty as the mediator variable with the specific intention to determine whether the effects of consumer perception of CSR on virtual brand loyalty became insignificant or less significant. The results of Model 3 show a partial mediator effect of consumer trust regarding the relationship between consumer perception of CSR and virtual brand loyalty.
Volume (Year): 16 (2014)
Issue (Month): 35 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://amfiteatrueconomic.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hernaus Tomislav, 2011.
"Business Trends and Tendencies in Organization Design and Work Design Practice: Identifying Cause-and-Effect Relationships,"
Business Systems Research,
De Gruyter Open, vol. 2(1), pages 4-16, January.
- Tomislav Hernaus, 2011. "Business Trends and Tendencies in Organization Design and Work Design Practice: Identifying Cause-and-Effect Relationships," EFZG Working Papers Series 1103, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Ion Smeureanu & Andreea Dioşteanu & Camelia Delcea & Liviu Cotfas, 2011. "Business Ontology for Evaluating Corporate Social Responsibility," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(29), pages 28-42, February.
- Kietzmann, Jan H. & Hermkens, Kristopher & McCarthy, Ian P. & Silvestre, Bruno S., 2011. "Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 241-251, May.
- Alexandru Nedelea, 2008. "Ethical Responsibility Of Firm’S Marketing Activity," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 10(23), pages 103-106, February.
- Vasile Dinu, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility – Opportunity for Reconciliation between Economical Interests and Social and Environmental Interests," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(29), pages 6-7, February.
- Voicu-Dan Dragomir & Elena Roxana Anghel (Ilcu), 2011. "Social Responsibility Practices Regarding Facilities Granted to Employees and Consumer Protection in Selected European Companies," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(29), pages 86-103, February.
- Lazaric Nathalie & Lorenz Edward, 1998. "Trust and Economic Learning," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2-3), pages 1-10, June.
- J.P. Gond & A. El Akremi & J. Igalens & V. Swaen, 2011. "A corporate social responsibility," Post-Print hal-00826426, HAL.
- Sonja Markova & Tatjana Petkovska-Mirčevska, 2013. "Social Media and Supply Chain," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(33), pages 89-102, February.
- Codruţa Mare & Simona Laura Dragoş & Dan Tudor Lazăr & Cristian Mihai Dragoş, 2013. "Consumer protection through prices: an analysis of the energetic sector in European Union countries," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(34), pages 327-341, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aes:amfeco:v:1:y:2014:i:35:p:12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.