Subjective and Objective Evaluations of Teacher Effectiveness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian A. Jacob & Lars Lefgren, 2008. "Can Principals Identify Effective Teachers? Evidence on Subjective Performance Evaluation in Education," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26, pages 101-136.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele, 2014.
"Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 71-88.
- Michela Braga & Marco Paccagnella & Michele Pellizzari, 2011. "Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors," Working Papers 384, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele, 2011. "Evaluating Students' Evaluations of Professors," IZA Discussion Papers 5620, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michela Braga & Marco Paccagnella & Michele Pellizzari, 2011. "Evaluating students' evaluations of professors," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 825, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2015. "Assessing teacher quality in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 74-83.
- Blazar, David, 2015. "Effective teaching in elementary mathematics: Identifying classroom practices that support student achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 16-29.
- Marc van der Steeg & Sander Gerritsen, 2013. "Teacher evaluations and pupil achievement: Evidence from classroom observations," CPB Discussion Paper 230, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Thomas J. Kane & Eric S. Taylor & John H. Tyler & Amy L. Wooten, 2011. "Identifying Effective Classroom Practices Using Student Achievement Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(3), pages 587-613.
- Brian Jacob & Jonah E. Rockoff & Eric S. Taylor & Benjamin Lindy & Rachel Rosen, 2016. "Teacher Applicant Hiring and Teacher Performance: Evidence from DC Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 22054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chingos, Matthew M. & West, Martin R., 2011. "Promotion and reassignment in public school districts: How do schools respond to differences in teacher effectiveness?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 419-433, June.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Hanley Chiang & Brian Gill, "undated". "Value-Added Estimates for Phase 1 of the Pennsylvania Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot," Mathematica Policy Research Reports dacd1fdea4354222868fb2fef, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Bing-ru Teh & Brian Gill & Hanley Chiang & Antoniya Owens, "undated". "Teacher and Principal Value-Added: Research Findings and Implementation Practices," Mathematica Policy Research Reports b024faae6179407da5b887263, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Hanley Chiang & Brian Gill, 2012. "Value-Added Estimates for Phase 1 of the Pennsylvania Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 88151979a8a6469582f1bce32, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Melinda Adnot & Thomas Dee & Veronica Katz & James Wyckoff, 2016. "Teacher Turnover, Teacher Quality, and Student Achievement in DCPS," NBER Working Papers 21922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:100:y:2010:i:2:p:261-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.