Journal of Development Economics
2003, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 605-624 Multi-factor agricultural productivity, efficiency and convergence in Botswana, 1981-1996
by Thirtle, Colin & Piesse, Jenifer & Lusigi, Angela & Suhariyanto, Kecuk
- 625-628 The Rise of the Rest: Challenges to the West from Late-Industrializing Economies: Alice H. Amsden, ZZZ: Oxford University Press, NY 2001, pp. vi+405
by Syrquin, Moshe
- 628-630 The Nature of Economic Growth: An Alternative Framework for Understanding the Performance of Nations: By A.P. Thirlwall (Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2002), 111 pp
by Montiel, Peter J.
2003, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-22 African traditional healers and outcome-contingent contracts in health care
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 23-49 The effect of transfers on household expenditure patterns and poverty in South Africa
by Maitra, Pushkar & Ray, Ranjan
- 51-70 Farmer education and the weather: evidence from Taiwan (1976-1992)
by Gurgand, Marc
- 71-95 Inverse productivity: land quality, labor markets, and measurement error
by Lamb, Russell L.
- 97-128 Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity
by Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G.
- 129-153 Stock returns and output growth in emerging and advanced economies
by Mauro, Paolo
- 155-198 Is democracy more expropriative than dictatorship? Tocquevillian wisdom revisited
by Lee, Woojin
- 199-212 Duration and risk of unemployment in Argentina
by Galiani, Sebastian & Hopenhayn, Hugo A.
- 213-232 Revenue-neutral tariff reform and growth in a small open economy
by Naito, Takumi
2003, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 263-289 Real wealth and experimental cooperation: experiments in the field lab
by Cardenas, Juan-Camilo
- 291-327 Formal schooling and workforce participation in a rapidly developing economy: evidence from "compulsory" junior high school in Taiwan
by Spohr, Chris A.
- 329-348 Collusion and group lending with adverse selection
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 349-379 Did public wage premiums fuel agglomeration in LDCs?
by McCormick, Barry & Wahba, Jackline
- 381-402 Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?
by Svensson, Jakob
- 403-423 Adoption of an IMF programme and debt rescheduling. An empirical analysis
by Marchesi, Silvia
- 425-442 A cost function analysis of import demand and growth in South Africa
by Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B.
- 443-477 Institutions, infrastructure, and economic growth
by Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Ramirez, Maria Teresa
- 479-499 Trade, investment and growth: nexus, analysis and prognosis
by Krishna, Kala & Ozyildirim, Ataman & Swanson, Norman R.
- 501-529 Social indicators and comparisons of living standards
by Dowrick, Steve & Dunlop, Yvonne & Quiggin, John
- 531-535 Taiwan's Development Experience: Lessons on Roles of Government and Market: Eric Thorbecke and Henry Wan, Jr. (Eds.) (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1999), pp. x+454, $150.00
by Westphal, L. E.
- 535-543 Uganda's Recovery: The Role of Farms, Firms, and Government: Ritva Reinikka and Paul Collier, eds, Washington, DC: The World Bank, 2001, pp.xvi+491
by O'Connell, Stephen A.
- 543-548 Handbook on inequality measurement: by Jacques Silber (Ed.), Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 680 pp., EUR 206.00/USD 209.00, August 1999, ISBN 0-7923-8574-8
by Biewen, Martin
- 548-552 A rice village saga: three decades of green revolution in the Philippines: Yujiro Hayami and Masao Kikuchi, Barnes and Noble, IRRI, and Macmillan Press, 2000
by Sarris, Alexander
- 553-554 Education and Development: Measuring the Social benefits: Walter W. McMahon, The Clarendon Press, Oxford, 2000, pp. 314. Price: [UK pound]47.50 (Hardback), ISBN: 0-19-829231-7
by van der Gaag, Jacques
- 554-559 Resource Abundance and Economic Development: Richard M. Auty, ed., Oxford University Press for UNU/WIDER, Oxford, 2001, pp. xiii+340. [UK pound]45.00 (Hardback). ISBN:0-19-924688-2
by Bevan, David L.
- 559-562 Development theory and the economics of growth: By Jamie Ros (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2000) 429 pp
by Thirlwall, A. P.
2003, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-23 Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis
by Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E.
- 25-58 Contracting for aid
by Azam, Jean-Paul & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 59-82 Does microcredit reach the poor and vulnerable? Evidence from northern Bangladesh
by Amin, Sajeda & Rai, Ashok S. & Topa, Giorgio
- 83-101 Rising longevity, education, savings, and growth
by Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen & Lee, Ronald
- 103-118 A stochastic model of mortality, fertility, and human capital investment
by Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem
- 119-132 Retirement saving and development traps
by Ren, Liqian & Rangazas, Peter
- 133-157 The effect of survey attrition in longitudinal surveys: evidence from Peru, Cote d'Ivoire and Vietnam
by Falaris, Evangelos M.
- 159-172 Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor
by Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel
- 173-200 Wage and price control policies in transition economies
by Fardmanesh, Mohsen & Tan, Li
- 201-223 Information, imitation and growth
by Blackburn, Keith & Bose, Niloy
- 225-233 Taxes, inequality and the size of the informal sector
by Dessy, Sylvain & Pallage, Stephane
- 235-238 Access to land, rural poverty and public action: Edited by Alain de Janvry, Gustavo Gordillo, Jean-Philippe Platteau, and Elisabeth Sadoulet. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. pp. xiii, 451
by Alston, Lee J.
- 238-243 Gary S. Fields, Distribution and Development, A New Look at the Developing World: (Russel Sage Foundation, New York, and The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and London, 2001), pp. x+260, [UK pound]27.50 cloth
by Silber, Jacques
- 243-247 Barriers to Riches: Stephen L. Parente and Edward C. Prescott, Cambridge, MA, MIT Press, 2000. ISBN 0-262-16193-1, 164 pp
by Pack, Howard
- 248-252 Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries: Frank Ellis, 2000, Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. xiv+273
by van Dillen, Susanne
- 252-257 Review of Joseph E. Stiglitz's Globalization and its Discontents: (W.W. Norton, New York and London)
by Edwards, Sebastian
- 259-260 Corrigendum to "Assessing the 'femaleness' of a population" [J. Devel. Econ. 61 (2000) 271-289]
by Jayaraj, D. & Subramanian, S.
- 261-262 Erratum to "The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice" [J. Devel. Econ. 60 (1999) 195-228
by Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W.
2002, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 307-313 Currency crises and contagion: an introduction
by Edwards, Sebastian & Rigobon, Roberto
- 315-334 The exchange rate regime and the currency composition of corporate debt: the Mexican experience
by Martinez, Lorenza & Werner, Alejandro
- 335-365 Cheap labor meets costly capital: the impact of devaluations on commodity firms
by Forbes, Kristin J.
- 367-391 Pricing currency risk under currency boards
by Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis
- 393-421 Should government smooth exchange rate risk?
by Goldfajn, Ilan & Silveira, Marcos Antonio
- 423-449 The curse of non-investment grade countries
by Rigobon, Roberto
- 451-470 Financial markets in times of stress
by Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M.
2002, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-21 Imports as competitive discipline: the role of the productivity gap
by Traca, Daniel A.
- 23-49 The impact of imported and domestic technologies on the productivity of firms: panel data evidence from Indian manufacturing firms
by Hasan, Rana
- 51-69 Coping with poor public capital
by Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob
- 71-83 Targeting the poor using community information
by Rai, Ashok S.
- 85-101 Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions
by Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A.
- 103-128 Raising primary school enrolment in developing countries: The relative importance of supply and demand
by Handa, Sudhanshu
- 129-153 Primary school attendance in Honduras
by Bedi, Arjun S. & Marshall, Jeffery H.
- 155-177 Taste heterogeneity, labor mobility and economic geography
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 179-204 Income inequality within and across counties in rural China 1988 and 1995
by Gustafsson, Bjorn & Shi, Li
- 205-226 A simple model of inequality, occupational choice, and development
by Ghatak, Maitreesh & Nien-Huei Jiang, Neville
- 227-253 An options-based analysis of emerging market exchange rate expectations: Brazil's Real Plan, 1994-1999
by Campa, Jose M. & Chang, P. H. Kevin & Refalo, James F.
- 255-275 Foreign aid, tariffs and nontraded private or public goods
by Schweinberger, A. G.
- 277-296 Booms and slumps in world commodity prices
by Cashin, Paul & McDermott, C. John & Scott, Alasdair
- 297-303 Designing incentives for rural health care providers in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey & Jack, William
- 305-306 Erratum to "The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice" [J. Devel. Econ. 60 (1999) 195-228
by Ghatak, Maitreesh
2002, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 247-288 Targeting of food aid in rural Ethiopia: chronic need or inertia?
by Jayne, Thomas S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel
- 289-307 Estimating consumer demands across the development spectrum: maximum likelihood estimates of an implicit direct additivity model
by Cranfield, J. A. L. & Preckel, Paul V. & Eales, James S. & Hertel, Thomas W.
- 309-328 The roles of destination, gender, and household composition in explaining remittances: an analysis for the Dominican Sierra
by de la Briere, Benedicte & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain & Lambert, Sylvie
- 329-353 Off-farm work and capital accumulation decisions of farmers over the life-cycle: the role of heterogeneity and state dependence
by Ahituv, Avner & Kimhi, Ayal
- 355-379 Ethnic fractionalization in an African labour market
by Barr, Abigail & Oduro, Abena
- 381-400 Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?
by Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav
- 401-420 The role of the service sector in the process of industrialization
by Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok
- 421-434 Capital mobility for developing countries may not be so high
by Willett, Thomas D. & Keil, Manfred W. & Ahn, Young Seok
- 435-442 On the urbanization of poverty
by Ravallion, Martin
- 443-454 The impact of military burden on long-run growth and welfare
by Shieh, Jhy-yuan & Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Wen-ya
- 455-477 Cost shifting in international telephone calls between US and African countries
by Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena & Karikari, John Agyei
2002, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-34 Rural-urban interdependence and industrialization
by Murata, Yasusada
- 35-64 Moral hazard, land fertility and sharecropping in a rural area of the Philippines
by Dubois, Pierre
- 65-88 Human capital, entrepreneurship, and farm household earnings
by Yang, Dennis Tao & An, Mark Yuying
- 89-115 Government-initiated community resource management and local resource extraction from Nepal's forests
by Edmonds, Eric V.
- 117-135 Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline
- 137-156 Will trade sanctions reduce child labour?: The role of credit markets
by Jafarey, Saqib & Lahiri, Sajal
- 157-185 The impact of school quality on earnings and educational returns--evidence from a low-income country
by Bedi, Arjun Singh & Edwards, John H. Y.
- 187-203 Prices and living standards: evidence for Rwanda
by Muller, Christophe
- 205-224 Offshore investment funds: monsters in emerging markets?
by Kim, Woochan & Wei, Shang-Jin
- 225-232 A new and robust subgame perfect equilibrium in a model of triadic power relations
by Hatlebakk, Magnus
- 233-245 Exchange rate regimes, inflation and output volatility in developing countries
by Bleaney, Michael & Fielding, David
2002, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 245-274 Localized and incomplete mutual insurance
by Murgai, Rinku & Winters, Paul & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Janvry, Alain de
- 275-307 Determinants of barter in Russia: an empirical analysis
by Commander, Simon & Dolinskaya, Irina & Mumssen, Christian
- 309-331 Efficiency and equity tradeoffs: incentive-compatible contracts revisited
by Stanley, Denise L.
- 333-349 Measurement of human capital input across countries: a method based on the laborer's income
by Jeong, Byeongju
- 351-372 The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration
by Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 373-418 Land tenure security and investment incentives: puzzling evidence from Burkina Faso
by Brasselle, Anne-Sophie & Gaspart, Frederic & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 419-453 Insurance market efficiency and crop choices in Pakistan
by Kurosaki, Takashi & Fafchamps, Marcel
- 455-470 Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare
by Torvik, Ragnar
- 471-484 Rules, stability, and growth
by Gradstein, Mark
- 485-490 Frontiers of Development Economics: Gerald M. Meier and Joseph E. Stiglitz, eds., Oxford University Press and the World Bank, New York, 2000, pp. x+575, US$35.00
by Bruton, Henry J.
2002, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-27 Financial liberalization, credit constraints, and collateral: investment in the Mexican manufacturing sector
by Gelos, R. Gaston & Werner, Alejandro M.
- 29-54 Labor adjustment costs in a destination country: the case of Mexico
by Robertson, Raymond & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 55-77 Foreign direct investment and the relative wage in a developing economy
by Das, Satya P.
- 79-99 Optimal foreign aid and tariffs
by Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis & Wong, Kar-yiu & Woodland, Alan D.
- 101-127 Bonded labor and serfdom: a paradox of voluntary choice
by Genicot, Garance
- 129-155 Locational asymmetry and the potential for cooperation on a canal
by Ray, Isha & Williams, Jeffrey
- 157-172 Who is afraid of political instability?
by Campos, Nauro F. & Nugent, Jeffrey B.
- 173-180 Human rights, political instability and investment in south Africa: a note
by Fielding, David
- 181-203 Patterns of crime victimization in Latin American cities
by Gaviria, Alejandro & Pages, Carmen
- 205-228 Political business cycles, democratization, and economic reform: the case of Africa
by Block, Steven A.
- 229-244 Trade liberalisation and growth in developing countries
by Greenaway, David & Morgan, Wyn & Wright, Peter
2001, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 349-350 Introduction
by Edwards, Sebastian & Zablotzky, Edgardo
- 351-386 Verifying exchange rate regimes
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis
- 387-414 Why do countries float the way they float?
by Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Stein, Ernesto
- 415-444 Monetary policy strategies for Latin America
by Mishkin, Frederic S. & Savastano, Miguel A.
- 445-464 Monetary policy in a dollarized economy where balance sheets matter
by Chang, Roberto & Velasco, Andres
- 465-504 Emerging equity markets and economic development
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian
- 505-532 Volatility dependence and contagion in emerging equity markets
by Edwards, Sebastian & Susmel, Raul
- 533-553 Stopping hot money
by Edison, Hali & Reinhart, Carmen M.
- 555-579 The evolution of inequality after trade liberalization
by Fischer, Ronald D.
2001, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-21 Conflicts over property rights and natural-resource exploitation at the frontier
by Hotte, Louis
- 23-49 Behavioral responses to risk in rural China
by Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin
- 51-86 Firm-level evidence on productivity differentials and turnover in Taiwanese manufacturing
by Aw, Bee Yan & Chen, Xiaomin & Roberts, Mark J.
- 87-99 A dynamic analysis of overstaff in China's state-owned enterprises
by Yin, Xiangkang
- 101-125 Export, foreign direct investment, and local content requirement
by Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang
- 127-151 International joint venture, licensing and buy-out under asymmetric information
by Sinha, Uday Bhanu
- 153-171 Endogenous growth and obsolescence
by Hsieh, Chang-Tai
- 173-197 Inequality and growth: the dual role of human capital in development
by Eicher, Theo S. & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia
- 199-223 Modelling macroeconomic shocks in the CFA Franc Zone
by Fielding, David & Shields, Kalvinder
- 225-269 Are women overrepresented among the poor? An analysis of poverty in 10 developing countries
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Haddad, Lawrence & Pena, Christine
- 271-287 Income distribution, human capital and economic growth in Colombia
by Birchenall, Javier A.
- 289-303 Limited liability, contractual choice, and the tenancy ladder
by Ray, Tridip & Singh, Nirvikar
- 305-316 Welfare consequence of capital inflow for a small tariff-protected economy
by Chakraborty, Brati Sankar
- 317-335 Is foreign debt portfolio management efficient in emerging economies?
by Hussein, Khaled A. & de Mello, Luiz Jr.
- 337-341 Exchange Rate Politics In Latin America: Carol Wise and Riordan Roett (Eds.), Brookings, Washington, D.C., 2000, 178 pp
by Montiel, Peter J.
- 343-347 Out of the shadow of famine: evolving food markets and food policy in Bangladesh: Raisuddin Ahmed, Steven Haggblade and Tawfiq-e-Elahi Chowdhury (Eds.), The John Hopkins University Press (in collaboration with the International Food Policy Research Institute), Baltimore and London
by Svedberg, Peter
2001, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 243-266 Measuring chronic poverty without a panel
by Gibson, John
- 267-290 Poverty, consumption risk, and soil conservation
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 291-306 Capital accumulation, unemployment, and self-fulfilling failure of economic reform
by Mehlum, Halvor
- 307-331 Bureaucratic corruption and the rate of temptation: do wages in the civil service affect corruption, and by how much?
by Van Rijckeghem, Caroline & Weder, Beatrice
- 333-365 Winners and losers in a North-South model of growth, innovation and product cycles
by Chui, Michael & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph
- 367-387 Foreign ownership and technology adoption: evidence from Indian firms
by Vishwasrao, Sharmila & Bosshardt, William
- 389-415 Vertical technology transfer via international outsourcing
by Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal
- 417-441 Liberalized trade and domestic price stability. The case of rice and wheat in India
by Srinivasan, P. V. & Jha, Shikha
- 443-467 Does Africa grow differently?
by Block, Steven A.
- 469-476 Child labor and coordination failures
by Dessy, Sylvain E. & Pallage, Stephane
- 477-489 A test of relative efficacy of tax expenditures and direct expenditures: A neo-classical approach
by Ahmed, Qazi Masood
- 491-500 The impact of terms of trade and real exchange rate volatility on investment and growth in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bleaney, Michael & Greenaway, David
2001, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-29 A theory of trade policy leadership
by Coates, Daniel E. & Ludema, Rodney D.
- 31-54 Specialized technology suppliers, international spillovers and investment: evidence from the chemical industry
by Arora, Ashish & Fosfuri, Andrea & Gambardella, Alfonso
- 55-80 Trade shocks and macroeconomic fluctuations in Africa
by Kose, M. Ayhan & Riezman, Raymond
- 81-93 Seigniorage revenue, deficits and self-fulfilling currency crises
by Fielding, David & Mizen, Paul
- 95-111 Quantitative restrictions, market power and productivity growth
by Traca, Daniel A.
- 113-133 Red tape, incentive bribe and the provision of subsidy
by Saha, Bibhas
- 135-152 Cumulative effects of labor market distortions in a developing country
by Norback, Pehr-Johan
- 153-175 Post-independence India: a case of finance-led industrialization?
by Bell, Clive & Rousseau, Peter L.
- 177-207 Sources of ethnic inequality in Viet Nam
by van de Walle, Dominique & Gunewardena, Dileni
- 209-224 Imported machinery and growth in LDCs
by Mazumdar, Joy
- 225-235 Environmental degradation in developing countries: households and the (reverse) Environmental Kuznets Curve
by Bulte, Erwin H. & van Soest, Daan P.
- 237-239 Growth and Development from an Evolutionary Perspective: John C.H. Fei and Gustav Ranis, Blackwell: Oxford, 1997, pp. xiv+465
by Otsuka, Keijiro
- 239-241 Development microeconomics: Pranab K. Bardhan and C. Udry, 1999, Clarendon Press: Oxford, pp. 237
by Besley, Timothy
2001, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 313-342 Demand elasticities in international trade: are they really low?
by Panagariya, Arvind & Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak
- 343-370 Who determines Mexican trade policy?
by Grether, Jean-Marie & de Melo, Jaime & Olarreaga, Marcelo
- 371-388 Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area
by Rose, Elaina
- 389-416 Growth or stagnation? The role of public education
by Beauchemin, Kenneth R.
- 417-436 Intertemporal discounting and tenurial contracts
by Roy, Jaideep & Serfes, Konstantinos
- 437-457 Soft budget constraint and inflation cycles: a positive model of the macro-dynamics in China during transition
by Brandt, Loren & Zhu, Xiaodong
- 459-479 Financial restraints in the South Korean miracle
by Demetriades, Panicos O. & Luintel, Kul B.
- 481-498 Can financial infrastructures foster economic development?
by Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard
- 499-528 Innovative vs. imitative R&D and economic growth
by Zeng, Jinli
- 529-545 How does real exchange rate influence income inequality between urban and rural areas in China?
by Guillaumont Jeanneney, S. & Hua, P.
- 547-570 Aid and growth regressions
by Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn
- 571-586 Exchange rate regime transitions
by Masson, Paul R.
- 587-592 Economic development in Palanpur over five decades: Peter Lanjouw and Nicholas Stern (Eds.) (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1998), pp. xviii+640
by Quibria, M. G.
- 593-595 Globalization and labor: Edited by Horst Siebert, 1999, Mohr Siebeck (Tubingen), pp. 1-320, DM 138
by Johnson, George
2001, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-24 Welfare effects of migration in societies with indirect taxes, income transfers and public good provision
by Michael, Michael S. & Hatzipanayotou, Panos
- 25-55 Gender and corruption
by Swamy, Anand & Knack, Stephen & Lee, Young & Azfar, Omar
- 57-79 Are educated workers really more productive?
by Jones, Patricia
- 81-102 Credit constraints and the phenomenon of child labor
by Ranjan, Priya
- 103-127 International evidence on how income inequality and credit market imperfections affect private saving rates
by Smith, Douglas
- 129-145 Separation of powers and development
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Meleu, Mathieu
- 147-171 An equal-opportunity approach to the allocation of international aid
by Llavador, Humberto G. & Roemer, John E.
- 173-213 Exchange rate regimes and revenue performance in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Adam, Christopher S. & Bevan, David L. & Chambas, Gerard
- 215-235 Foreign exchange markets in transition economies: China
by Phylaktis, Kate & Girardin, Eric
- 237-253 Real exchange rates and inflation in exchange-rate-based stabilizations: an empirical examination
by Kamin, Steven B.
- 255-274 Capital mobility and the output-inflation tradeoff
by Loungani, Prakash & Razin, Assaf & Yuen, Chi-Wa
- 275-289 Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence
by Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel
- 293-312 Strategic export policy with foreign direct investment and import substitution
by Harris, Richard G. & Schmitt, Nicolas
2000, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 197-229 Institutions and government controls
by Esfahani, Hadi Salehi
- 231-263 Fertility decline as a coordination problem
by Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 265-302 The dynamic cost and persistence of asset inequality in an agrarian economy
by Carter, Michael R. & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 303-326 Contract choice in agriculture with joint moral hazard in effort and risk
by Ghatak, Maitreesh & Pandey, Priyanka
- 327-349 Spatial price transmission and asymmetry in the Ghanaian maize market
by Abdulai, Awudu
- 351-378 Gender wage differences in Malaysia: parametric and semiparametric estimation
by Schafgans, Marcia M. A.
- 379-398 Income inequality, education expenditures, and growth
by Sylwester, Kevin
- 399-423 The effects of openness, trade orientation, and human capital on total factor productivity
by Miller, Stephen M. & Upadhyay, Mukti P.
- 425-449 The impact of inflation on budgetary discipline
by Aizenman, Joshua & Hausmann, Ricardo
- 451-472 Central bank reactions to banking crises in fixed exchange rate regimes
by Miller, Victoria
- 473-484 Estimating credibility in Colombia's exchange-rate target zone
by Galindo, Arturo J.