Journal of Development Economics
2004, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 451-472 Once again, is openness good for growth?
by Lee, Ha Yan & Ricci, Luca Antonio & Rigobon, Roberto
- 473-506 Slow recoveries
by Bergoeing, Raphael & Loayza, Norman & Repetto, Andrea
- 507-533 Nominal wage rigidities in Mexico: evidence from social security records
by Castellanos, Sara G. & Garcia-Verdu, Rodrigo & Kaplan, David S.
- 535-563 Firm dynamics, investment and debt portfolio: balance sheet effects of the Mexican crisis of 1994
by Pratap, Sangeeta & Urrutia, Carlos
2004, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-26 Insider privatization with a tail: the screening contract and performance of privatized firms in rural China
by Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott
- 27-54 Biotechnology boosts to crop productivity in China: trade and welfare implications
by Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank
- 55-77 Education technologies, wages and technological progress
by Rigolini, Jamele
- 79-94 Technology adoption, education and immigration policy
by Chander, Parkash & Thangavelu, Shandre M.
- 95-111 Mode of foreign entry, technology transfer, and FDI policy
by Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal
- 113-136 Trade barriers and wage inequality in a North-South model with technology-driven intra-industry trade
by Beaulieu, Eugene & Benarroch, Michael & Gaisford, James
- 137-165 Politics, information and the urban bias
by Majumdar, Sumon & Mani, Anandi & Mukand, Sharun W.
- 167-199 Multiple growth and urbanization patterns in an endogenous growth model with spatial agglomeration
by Kondo, Hiroki
- 201-220 A theory of development and long run growth
by Kosempel, Stephen
- 221-238 The dual role of market power in the Big Push: from evidence to theory
by de Fontenay, Catherine C.
- 239-268 Commodity currencies and the real exchange rate
by Cashin, Paul & Cespedes, Luis F. & Sahay, Ratna
- 269-301 Global capital flows and financing constraints
by Harrison, Ann E. & Love, Inessa & McMillan, Margaret S.
- 303-318 The demand for a malaria vaccine: evidence from Ethiopia
by Cropper, Maureen L. & Haile, Mitiku & Lampietti, Julian & Poulos, Christine & Whittington, Dale
- 319-328 Trade and industrialization in developing economies
by Dodzin, Sergei & Vamvakidis, Athanasios
2004, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 269-307 Evaluation of financial liberalization: a general equilibrium model with constrained occupation choice
by Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert M.
- 309-329 Growth and shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Dercon, Stefan
- 331-366 Trade reforms and wage inequality in Colombia
by Attanasio, Orazio & Goldberg, Pinelopi K. & Pavcnik, Nina
- 367-391 Global corporations and local politics: income redistribution vs. FDI subsidies
by Janeba, Eckhard
- 393-410 Activation of a modern industry
by Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang
- 411-428 Taxation by auction: fund raising by 19th century Indian guilds
by Sen, Arijit & Swamy, Anand V.
- 429-447 Does one size fit all?: a reexamination of the finance and growth relationship
by Rioja, Felix & Valev, Neven
- 449-468 Household bargaining and microfinance
by Tassel, Eric Van
- 469-488 Eviction threats and investment incentives
by Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Ghatak, Maitreesh
- 489-513 Are experience and schooling complementary? Evidence from migrants' assimilation in the Bangkok labor market
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
2004, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-2 New research on education in developing economies
by Rosenzweig, Mark & Kochar, Anjini
- 3-32 Educational policy and the economics of the family
by Banerjee, Abhijit V.
- 33-51 Economic growth and the demand for education: is there a wealth effect?
by Glewwe, Paul & Jacoby, Hanan G.
- 53-85 Education in a crisis
by Thomas, Duncan & Beegle, Kathleen & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Teruel, Graciela
- 87-111 Technological change and the distribution of schooling: evidence from green-revolution India
by Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R.
- 113-136 Urban influences on rural schooling in India
by Kochar, Anjini
- 137-162 Education and allocative efficiency: household income growth during rural reforms in China
by Tao Yang, Dennis
- 163-197 The medium run effects of educational expansion: evidence from a large school construction program in Indonesia
by Duflo, Esther
- 199-250 School subsidies for the poor: evaluating the Mexican Progresa poverty program
by Paul Schultz, T.
- 251-268 Retrospective vs. prospective analyses of school inputs: the case of flip charts in Kenya
by Glewwe, Paul & Kremer, Michael & Moulin, Sylvie & Zitzewitz, Eric
2004, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 489-504 Red tape and corruption
by Guriev, Sergei
- 505-518 Governance and growth
by Gradstein, Mark
- 519-540 Downsizing with labor sharing and collusion
by Estache, Antonio & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Zhang, Xinzhu
- 541-557 Lurking in the shadows: the informal sector and government policy
by Ihrig, Jane & Moe, Karine S.
- 559-582 The evolution of modern educational systems: Technical vs. general education, distributional conflict, and growth
by Bertocchi, Graziella & Spagat, Michael
- 583-605 Public education expenditures and growth
by Blankenau, William F. & Simpson, Nicole B.
- 607-629 Public versus private education when differential fertility matters
by de la Croix, David & Doepke, Matthias
- 631-642 Favorite son? Specialized child laborers and students in poor LDC households
by Horowitz, Andrew W. & Wang, Jian
- 643-673 Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry
by Lall, Somik V. & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe
- 675-697 Could higher taxes increase the long-run demand for capital? Theory and evidence for Chile
by Bustos, Alvaro & Engel, Eduardo M. R. A. & Galetovic, Alexander
- 699-714 The Southern African Development Community: suitable for a monetary union?
by Khamfula, Yohane & Huizinga, Harry
- 715-725 Multilateral transfers, export taxation and asymmetry
by Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Majumdar, Baishali
- 727-744 Terms of trade shocks in Africa: are they short-lived or long-lived?
by Cashin, Paul & McDermott, C. John & Pattillo, Catherine
2004, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-25 Wage shocks and consumption variability in Mexico during the 1990s
by Attanasio, Orazio P. & Szekely, Miguel
- 27-54 Financial intermediation, variability and the development process
by Carranza, Luis & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E.
- 55-74 Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests
by Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G.
- 75-105 Industrial targeting, experimentation and long-run specialization
by Klimenko, Mikhail M.
- 107-123 A model of multiple equilibria in geographic labor mobility
by Spilimbergo, Antonio & Ubeda, Luis
- 125-154 Political cycles in a developing economy: effect of elections in the Indian States
by Khemani, Stuti
- 155-184 Development, crime and punishment: accounting for the international differences in crime rates
by Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 185-213 Social learning in a heterogeneous population: technology diffusion in the Indian Green Revolution
by Munshi, Kaivan
- 215-232 Are price controls necessarily bad? The case of rice in Vietnam
by Ghosh, Madanmohan & Whalley, John
- 233-256 Employment dynamics in Indian industry: adjustment lags and the impact of job security regulations
by Dutta Roy, Sudipta
- 257-285 Ill-health, savings and portfolio choices in developing economies
by Kochar, Anjini
- 287-314 The impact of education in rural Ghana: examining household labor allocation and returns on and off the farm
by Jolliffe, Dean
- 315-328 Skill differentials, return to schooling, and market segmentation in a transition economy: the case of Mainland China
by Fleisher, Belton M. & Wang, Xiaojun
- 329-347 Relocation and agglomeration of Chinese industry
by Wen, Mei
- 349-367 Rural infrastructure, transactions costs and market participation in Kenya
by Renkow, Mitch & Hallstrom, Daniel G. & Karanja, Daniel D.
- 369-394 Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: evidence from firm-level panel data
by Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis
- 395-413 Occupational segregation and wage differentials between natives and immigrants: evidence from Hong Kong
by Liu, Pak-Wai & Zhang, Junsen & Chong, Shu-Chuen
- 415-422 Foreign direct investment, education and wages in Indonesian manufacturing
by Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjoholm, Fredrik
- 423-434 Government policies and graft in an economy with endogenous labor supply
by Mukherji, Nivedita
- 435-451 Income sources effects on inequality
by Paul, Satya
- 453-463 Measuring literacy: some extensions of the Basu-Foster framework
by Subramanian, S.
- 465-476 Defining unemployment in developing countries: evidence from Trinidad and Tobago
by Byrne, David & Strobl, Eric
- 477-479 The Industrial Experience of Tanzania: Szirmai, Adam and Paul Lapperre, editors, (Palgrave, London, 2001), pp. xii + 375
by Velenchik, Ann
- 479-484 Trade Shocks and Developing Countries (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1999): Paul Collier, Jan Willem Gunning and Associates. Volume 2: Asia and Latin America, pp. ix+360. ISBN 0-19-829463-8
by Otero, Jesus
- 484-487 In search of prosperity: analytic narratives on economic growth: Dani Rodrik (ed.), Princeton University Press: Princeton, New Jersey, 2003, 481 pp., ISBN: 0-691-09268-0
by Ros, Jaime
2003, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 425-428 Introduction
by Edwards, Sebastian
- 429-461 International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador
by Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita
- 463-496 The response of the informal sector to trade liberalization
by Koujianou Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina
- 497-513 The impact of trade liberalization on wage inequality: evidence from Argentina
by Galiani, Sebastian & Sanguinetti, Pablo
- 515-541 Distance, skill deepening and development: will peripheral countries ever get rich?
by Redding, Stephen & Schott, Peter K.
- 543-565 Technology, trade, and wage inequality in Mexico before and after NAFTA
by Esquivel, Gerardo & Rodriguez-Lopez, Jose Antonio
- 567-584 Spaghetti regionalism or strategic foreign trade: some evidence for Mexico
by Ibarra-Yunez, Alejandro
- 585-601 Volatility, employment and the patterns of FDI in emerging markets
by Aizenman, Joshua
- 603-633 Economic development as self-discovery
by Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani
2003, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-29 Endogenous insecurity and economic development
by Lloyd-Ellis, Huw & Marceau, Nicolas
- 31-55 The dual nature of trade: measuring its impact on imitation and growth
by Connolly, Michelle
- 57-89 Trade openness and economic growth: a cross-country empirical investigation
by Yanikkaya, Halit
- 91-115 Policy designs in a dynamic model of infant industry protection
by Kaneda, Mitsuhiro
- 117-138 Catch-up in turn in a multi-country international trade model with learning-by-doing and invention
by Nakajima, Tomoyuki
- 139-162 Trade induced convergence through human capital accumulation in credit-constrained economies
by Ranjan, Priya
- 163-179 Financial liberalization, urban unemployment and welfare: some implications of the artificial low interest rate and the high wage rate policies in LDCs
by Daitoh, Ichiroh
- 181-202 Sources of economic fluctuations in Latin America and implications for choice of exchange rate regimes
by Ahmed, Shaghil
- 203-221 Taxing capital flows: an empirical comparative analysis
by Soto, Marcelo
- 223-252 Social polarization, industrialization, and fiscal instability: theory and evidence
by Woo, Jaejoon
- 253-279 A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs
by Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala
- 281-297 Parental actions and sibling inequality
by Dahan, Momi & Gaviria, Alejandro
- 299-320 The effect of subsistence on collapse and institutional adaptation in population-resource societies
by Pezzey, John C. V. & Anderies, John M.
- 321-334 The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth
by Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin
- 335-351 On the stability of demand for money in a developing economy: Some empirical issues
by Pradhan, Basanta K. & Subramanian, A.
- 353-369 What can we learn from a large border effect in developing countries?
by Mahbub Morshed, A. K. M.
- 371-378 Economic reform and informal wage--a general equilibrium analysis
by Marjit, Sugata
- 379-385 Possibility or impossibility of paradoxes in the small country Harris-Todaro framework: a unifying analysis
by Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid
- 387-400 Export-performance requirements, foreign investment quotas, and welfare in a small dynamic economy
by Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H.
- 401-411 International migration, income taxes and transfers: a welfare analysis
by Michael, Michael S.
- 413-417 The Institutional Economics of Foreign Aid: Bertin Martins with Uwe Mummert, Peter Murrell and Paul Seabright, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, ISBN: 0521 808189 (hardback), [UK pound]40.00 (US$60.00)
by Lensink, Robert
- 417-420 From Crisis to Growth in Africa?: By Mats Lundahl (ed.), London: Routledge Press, 2001, pp. 304. Price: [UK pound]60
by Block, Steven
- 420-423 Efficiency, Equity, Legitimacy: The Multilateral Trading System at the Millenium: By Roger Porter, Pierre Sauve, Arvind Subramanian, and Merico Beriglia Zampetti (eds.), Washington, DC: Brookings, 2001, pp. 352. (Cloth $50.95, paper $22.95)
by Whalley, John
2003, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 233-260 Asset smoothing, consumption smoothing and the reproduction of inequality under risk and subsistence constraints
by Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Carter, Michael R.
- 261-287 Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines
by Fafchamps, Marcel & Lund, Susan
- 289-310 A model of commodity prices after Sir Arthur Lewis
by Deaton, Angus & Laroque, Guy
- 311-328 What explains skill upgrading in less developed countries?
by Pavcnik, Nina
- 329-349 On the mechanics of migration decisions: skill complementarities and endogenous price differentials
by Giannetti, Mariassunta
- 351-394 Private versus public schools in post-Apartheid South African cities: theory and policy implications
by Selod, Harris & Zenou, Yves
- 395-415 Is agricultural productivity in developing countries really shrinking? New evidence using a modified nonparametric approach
by Nin, Alejandro & Arndt, Channing & Preckel, Paul V.
- 417-433 Vertical price leadership on local maize markets in Benin
by Erno Kuiper, W. & Lutz, Clemens & van Tilburg, Aad
- 435-462 Capital mobility and underdevelopment traps
by Vellutini, Charles
- 463-495 Competition under credit rationing: theory and evidence from rural China
by Park, Albert & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John
- 497-531 Joint liability lending and the rise and fall of China's township and village enterprises
by Park, Albert & Shen, Minggao
- 533-559 Who gets credit? The behavior of bureaucrats and state banks in allocating credit to Chinese state-owned enterprises
by Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 561-583 Moving toward markets? Labor allocation in rural China
by Bowlus, Audra J. & Sicular, Terry
- 585-603 Sex workers and the cost of safe sex: the compensating differential for condom use among Calcutta prostitutes
by Rao, Vijayendra & Gupta, Indrani & Lokshin, Michael & Jana, Smarajit
- 605-624 Multi-factor agricultural productivity, efficiency and convergence in Botswana, 1981-1996
by Thirtle, Colin & Piesse, Jenifer & Lusigi, Angela & Suhariyanto, Kecuk
- 625-628 The Rise of the Rest: Challenges to the West from Late-Industrializing Economies: Alice H. Amsden, ZZZ: Oxford University Press, NY 2001, pp. vi+405
by Syrquin, Moshe
- 628-630 The Nature of Economic Growth: An Alternative Framework for Understanding the Performance of Nations: By A.P. Thirlwall (Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2002), 111 pp
by Montiel, Peter J.
2003, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-22 African traditional healers and outcome-contingent contracts in health care
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 23-49 The effect of transfers on household expenditure patterns and poverty in South Africa
by Maitra, Pushkar & Ray, Ranjan
- 51-70 Farmer education and the weather: evidence from Taiwan (1976-1992)
by Gurgand, Marc
- 71-95 Inverse productivity: land quality, labor markets, and measurement error
by Lamb, Russell L.
- 97-128 Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity
by Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G.
- 129-153 Stock returns and output growth in emerging and advanced economies
by Mauro, Paolo
- 155-198 Is democracy more expropriative than dictatorship? Tocquevillian wisdom revisited
by Lee, Woojin
- 199-212 Duration and risk of unemployment in Argentina
by Galiani, Sebastian & Hopenhayn, Hugo A.
- 213-232 Revenue-neutral tariff reform and growth in a small open economy
by Naito, Takumi
2003, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 263-289 Real wealth and experimental cooperation: experiments in the field lab
by Cardenas, Juan-Camilo
- 291-327 Formal schooling and workforce participation in a rapidly developing economy: evidence from "compulsory" junior high school in Taiwan
by Spohr, Chris A.
- 329-348 Collusion and group lending with adverse selection
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 349-379 Did public wage premiums fuel agglomeration in LDCs?
by McCormick, Barry & Wahba, Jackline
- 381-402 Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?
by Svensson, Jakob
- 403-423 Adoption of an IMF programme and debt rescheduling. An empirical analysis
by Marchesi, Silvia
- 425-442 A cost function analysis of import demand and growth in South Africa
by Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B.
- 443-477 Institutions, infrastructure, and economic growth
by Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Ramirez, Maria Teresa
- 479-499 Trade, investment and growth: nexus, analysis and prognosis
by Krishna, Kala & Ozyildirim, Ataman & Swanson, Norman R.
- 501-529 Social indicators and comparisons of living standards
by Dowrick, Steve & Dunlop, Yvonne & Quiggin, John
- 531-535 Taiwan's Development Experience: Lessons on Roles of Government and Market: Eric Thorbecke and Henry Wan, Jr. (Eds.) (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1999), pp. x+454, $150.00
by Westphal, L. E.
- 535-543 Uganda's Recovery: The Role of Farms, Firms, and Government: Ritva Reinikka and Paul Collier, eds, Washington, DC: The World Bank, 2001, pp.xvi+491
by O'Connell, Stephen A.
- 543-548 Handbook on inequality measurement: by Jacques Silber (Ed.), Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 680 pp., EUR 206.00/USD 209.00, August 1999, ISBN 0-7923-8574-8
by Biewen, Martin
- 548-552 A rice village saga: three decades of green revolution in the Philippines: Yujiro Hayami and Masao Kikuchi, Barnes and Noble, IRRI, and Macmillan Press, 2000
by Sarris, Alexander
- 553-554 Education and Development: Measuring the Social benefits: Walter W. McMahon, The Clarendon Press, Oxford, 2000, pp. 314. Price: [UK pound]47.50 (Hardback), ISBN: 0-19-829231-7
by van der Gaag, Jacques
- 554-559 Resource Abundance and Economic Development: Richard M. Auty, ed., Oxford University Press for UNU/WIDER, Oxford, 2001, pp. xiii+340. [UK pound]45.00 (Hardback). ISBN:0-19-924688-2
by Bevan, David L.
- 559-562 Development theory and the economics of growth: By Jamie Ros (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2000) 429 pp
by Thirlwall, A. P.
2003, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-23 Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis
by Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E.
- 25-58 Contracting for aid
by Azam, Jean-Paul & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 59-82 Does microcredit reach the poor and vulnerable? Evidence from northern Bangladesh
by Amin, Sajeda & Rai, Ashok S. & Topa, Giorgio
- 83-101 Rising longevity, education, savings, and growth
by Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen & Lee, Ronald
- 103-118 A stochastic model of mortality, fertility, and human capital investment
by Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem
- 119-132 Retirement saving and development traps
by Ren, Liqian & Rangazas, Peter
- 133-157 The effect of survey attrition in longitudinal surveys: evidence from Peru, Cote d'Ivoire and Vietnam
by Falaris, Evangelos M.
- 159-172 Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor
by Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel
- 173-200 Wage and price control policies in transition economies
by Fardmanesh, Mohsen & Tan, Li
- 201-223 Information, imitation and growth
by Blackburn, Keith & Bose, Niloy
- 225-233 Taxes, inequality and the size of the informal sector
by Dessy, Sylvain & Pallage, Stephane
- 235-238 Access to land, rural poverty and public action: Edited by Alain de Janvry, Gustavo Gordillo, Jean-Philippe Platteau, and Elisabeth Sadoulet. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. pp. xiii, 451
by Alston, Lee J.
- 238-243 Gary S. Fields, Distribution and Development, A New Look at the Developing World: (Russel Sage Foundation, New York, and The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and London, 2001), pp. x+260, [UK pound]27.50 cloth
by Silber, Jacques
- 243-247 Barriers to Riches: Stephen L. Parente and Edward C. Prescott, Cambridge, MA, MIT Press, 2000. ISBN 0-262-16193-1, 164 pp
by Pack, Howard
- 248-252 Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries: Frank Ellis, 2000, Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. xiv+273
by van Dillen, Susanne
- 252-257 Review of Joseph E. Stiglitz's Globalization and its Discontents: (W.W. Norton, New York and London)
by Edwards, Sebastian
- 259-260 Corrigendum to "Assessing the 'femaleness' of a population" [J. Devel. Econ. 61 (2000) 271-289]
by Jayaraj, D. & Subramanian, S.
- 261-262 Erratum to "The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice" [J. Devel. Econ. 60 (1999) 195-228
by Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W.
2002, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 307-313 Currency crises and contagion: an introduction
by Edwards, Sebastian & Rigobon, Roberto
- 315-334 The exchange rate regime and the currency composition of corporate debt: the Mexican experience
by Martinez, Lorenza & Werner, Alejandro
- 335-365 Cheap labor meets costly capital: the impact of devaluations on commodity firms
by Forbes, Kristin J.
- 367-391 Pricing currency risk under currency boards
by Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis
- 393-421 Should government smooth exchange rate risk?
by Goldfajn, Ilan & Silveira, Marcos Antonio
- 423-449 The curse of non-investment grade countries
by Rigobon, Roberto
- 451-470 Financial markets in times of stress
by Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M.
2002, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-21 Imports as competitive discipline: the role of the productivity gap
by Traca, Daniel A.
- 23-49 The impact of imported and domestic technologies on the productivity of firms: panel data evidence from Indian manufacturing firms
by Hasan, Rana
- 51-69 Coping with poor public capital
by Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob
- 71-83 Targeting the poor using community information
by Rai, Ashok S.
- 85-101 Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions
by Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A.
- 103-128 Raising primary school enrolment in developing countries: The relative importance of supply and demand
by Handa, Sudhanshu
- 129-153 Primary school attendance in Honduras
by Bedi, Arjun S. & Marshall, Jeffery H.
- 155-177 Taste heterogeneity, labor mobility and economic geography
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 179-204 Income inequality within and across counties in rural China 1988 and 1995
by Gustafsson, Bjorn & Shi, Li
- 205-226 A simple model of inequality, occupational choice, and development
by Ghatak, Maitreesh & Nien-Huei Jiang, Neville
- 227-253 An options-based analysis of emerging market exchange rate expectations: Brazil's Real Plan, 1994-1999
by Campa, Jose M. & Chang, P. H. Kevin & Refalo, James F.
- 255-275 Foreign aid, tariffs and nontraded private or public goods
by Schweinberger, A. G.
- 277-296 Booms and slumps in world commodity prices
by Cashin, Paul & McDermott, C. John & Scott, Alasdair
- 297-303 Designing incentives for rural health care providers in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey & Jack, William
- 305-306 Erratum to "The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice" [J. Devel. Econ. 60 (1999) 195-228
by Ghatak, Maitreesh
2002, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 247-288 Targeting of food aid in rural Ethiopia: chronic need or inertia?
by Jayne, Thomas S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel
- 289-307 Estimating consumer demands across the development spectrum: maximum likelihood estimates of an implicit direct additivity model
by Cranfield, J. A. L. & Preckel, Paul V. & Eales, James S. & Hertel, Thomas W.
- 309-328 The roles of destination, gender, and household composition in explaining remittances: an analysis for the Dominican Sierra
by de la Briere, Benedicte & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain & Lambert, Sylvie
- 329-353 Off-farm work and capital accumulation decisions of farmers over the life-cycle: the role of heterogeneity and state dependence
by Ahituv, Avner & Kimhi, Ayal
- 355-379 Ethnic fractionalization in an African labour market
by Barr, Abigail & Oduro, Abena
- 381-400 Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?
by Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav
- 401-420 The role of the service sector in the process of industrialization
by Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok
- 421-434 Capital mobility for developing countries may not be so high
by Willett, Thomas D. & Keil, Manfred W. & Ahn, Young Seok
- 435-442 On the urbanization of poverty
by Ravallion, Martin