Journal of Development Economics
2010, Volume 92, Issue 2
2010, Volume 92, Issue 1
- 1-12 The welfare costs of unreliable water service
by Baisa, Brian & Davis, Lucas W. & Salant, Stephen W. & Wilcox, William
- 13-27 Intellectual property rights, multinational firms and economic growth
by Dinopoulos, Elias & Segerstrom, Paul
- 28-38 Does oil corrupt? Evidence from a natural experiment in West Africa
by Vicente, Pedro C.
- 39-52 Electoral manipulation via voter-friendly spending: Theory and evidence
by Drazen, Allan & Eslava, Marcela
- 53-61 How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania
by Bengtsson, Niklas
- 62-70 Remittances and temporary migration
by Dustmann, Christian & Mestres, Josep
- 71-81 Do external interventions work? The case of trade reform conditions in IMF supported programs
by Wei, Shang-Jin & Zhang, Zhiwei
- 82-95 Causal effects of sex preference on sex-blind and sex-selective child avoidance and substitution across birth years: Evidence from the Japanese year of the fire horse
by Rohlfs, Chris & Reed, Alexander & Yamada, Hiroyuki
2010, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 185-197 Changing aid regimes? U.S. foreign aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror
by Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher
- 198-210 Inflation targeting in emerging economies: Panel evidence
by Brito, Ricardo D. & Bystedt, Brianne
- 211-226 Informal self-employment and macroeconomic fluctuations
by Fiess, Norbert M. & Fugazza, Marco & Maloney, William F.
- 227-241 Sudden stops: Determinants and output effects in the first era of globalization, 1880-1913
by Bordo, Michael D. & Cavallo, Alberto F. & Meissner, Christopher M.
- 242-256 Does foreign direct investment promote growth? Exploring the role of financial markets on linkages
by Alfaro, Laura & Chanda, Areendam & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sayek, Selin
- 257-265 Export promotion agencies: Do they work?
by Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy
- 266-277 Chronic and transient poverty: Measurement and estimation, with evidence from China
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Araar, Abdelkrim & Giles, John
- 278-288 Teacher unions, teacher pay and student performance in India: A pupil fixed effects approach
by Kingdon, Geeta & Teal, Francis
- 289-300 Trade, democracy, and the gravity equation
by Yu, Miaojie
- 301-309 It matters where you go: Outward foreign direct investment and multinational employment growth at home
by Debaere, Peter & Lee, Hongshik & Lee, Joonhyung
- 310-322 Estimating the private benefits of vaccination against cholera in Beira, Mozambique: A travel cost approach
by Jeuland, Marc & Lucas, Marcelino & Clemens, John & Whittington, Dale
- 323-335 Remittances to Latin America from migrants in the United States: Assessing the impact of amnesty programs
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Mazzolari, Francesca
- 336-347 Sovereign defaulters: Do international capital markets punish them?
by Fuentes, Miguel & Saravia, Diego
- 348-363 Group lending and individual lending with strategic default
by Bhole, Bharat & Ogden, Sean
2010, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-7 Aid volatility and poverty traps
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua
- 8-14 Child labor and household wealth: Theory and empirical evidence of an inverted-U
by Basu, Kaushik & Das, Sanghamitra & Dutta, Bhaskar
- 15-24 Does it pay firms to register for taxes? The impact of formality on firm profitability
by McKenzie, David & Seynabou Sakho, Yaye
- 25-36 High growth and low consumption in East Asia: How to improve welfare while avoiding financial failures
by Feltenstein, Andrew & Rochon, Céline & Shamloo, Maral
- 37-47 The formal sector wage premium and firm size
by El Badaoui, Eliane & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank
- 48-63 Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development
by Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry
- 64-76 Wake up and smell the ginseng: International trade and the rise of incremental innovation in low-wage countries
by Puga, Diego & Trefler, Daniel
- 77-86 Precautionary saving under liquidity constraints: Evidence from rural Pakistan
by Lee, Jeong-Joon & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 87-99 Regulation of entry, labor market institutions and the informal sector
by Ulyssea, Gabriel
- 100-112 Inter-provincial migration and inequality during Vietnam's transition
by Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian
- 113-127 Do all countries grow alike?
by Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M. & Kolari, J.W.
- 128-139 Africa's education enigma? The Nigerian story
by Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth
- 140-154 From duty to right: The role of public education in the transition to aging societies
by Sugimoto, Yoshiaki & Nakagawa, Masao
- 155-168 Economic geography and wages in Brazil: Evidence from micro-data
by Fally, Thibault & Paillacar, Rodrigo & Terra, Cristina
- 169-179 Structural policies and growth: Time series evidence from a natural experiment
by Eicher, Theo S. & Schreiber, Till
- 180-183 Taylor principle and inflation stability in emerging market countries
by Teles, Vladimir Kühl & Zaidan, Marta
2009, Volume 90, Issue 2
- 163-178 The geography of output volatility
by Malik, Adeel & Temple, Jonathan R.W.
- 179-191 What determines female autonomy? Evidence from Bangladesh
by Anderson, Siwan & Eswaran, Mukesh
- 192-199 How firm capabilities affect who benefits from foreign technology
by Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J.
- 200-208 Public-private partnerships in micro-finance: Should NGO involvement be restricted?
by Roy, Jaideep & Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 209-230 Parental compensatory behaviors and early child health outcomes in Cebu, Philippines
by Liu, Haiyong & Mroz, Thomas & Adair, Linda
- 231-236 Intellectual property rights, technology transfer and exports in developing countries
by Yang, Lei & Maskus, Keith E.
- 237-243 Purchasing Power Parity and aggregation bias for a developing country: The case of Mexico
by Robertson, Raymond & Kumar, Anil & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 244-257 Rent-seeking bureaucracies, inequality, and growth
by Spinesi, Luca
- 258-266 Inequality persistence through vertical vs. horizontal coalitions
by Pellicer, Miquel
- 267-275 Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism: Evidence from the Caribbean
by Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel
- 276-284 Efficient delivery of subsidies to the poor: Improving the design of a cash transfer program in Ecuador
by Carrillo, Paul E. & Ponce Jarrín, Juan
- 285-298 Endogenous capital market imperfections, human capital, and intergenerational mobility
by Hidalgo Cabrillana, Ana
- 299-305 Do existing corruption levels matter in controlling corruption?: Cross-country quantile regression estimates
by Billger, Sherrilyn M. & Goel, Rajeev K.
- 306-313 Migration, human capital accumulation and economic development
by Di Maria, Corrado & Stryszowski, Piotr
- 314-322 Sudden stops, banking crises and investment collapses in emerging markets
by Joyce, Joseph P. & Nabar, Malhar
- 323-325 Philippe Aghion and Steven N. Durlauf, Editors, Handbook of Economic Growth 1 volumes A and B, North-Holland, Amsterdam (2005) 1998 pages, ISBN-13: 978-0-444-50837-9, USD 235 (set)
by Gersbach, Hans & Hahn, Volker
2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-13 Are foreign investors attracted to weak environmental regulations? Evaluating the evidence from China
by Dean, Judith M. & Lovely, Mary E. & Wang, Hua
- 14-23 Enforcement in informal saving groups
by Anderson, Siwan & Baland, Jean-Marie & Moene, Karl Ove
- 24-32 Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol
by Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank
- 33-49 Openness can be good for growth: The role of policy complementarities
by Chang, Roberto & Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman V.
- 50-56 On the strength of intellectual property protection that nations provide
by Kanwar, Sunil & Evenson, Robert
- 57-68 A great wall of patents: What is behind China's recent patent explosion?
by Hu, Albert Guangzhou & Jefferson, Gary H.
- 69-84 Infrastructure privatization and changes in corruption patterns: The roots of public discontent
by Martimort, David & Straub, Stéphane
- 85-93 Industrial policy in an imperfect world
by Hodler, Roland
- 94-105 Sources of investment inefficiency: The case of fixed-asset investment in China
by Qin, Duo & Song, Haiyan
- 106-119 From families to formal contracts: An approach to development
by Kumar, Krishna B. & Matsusaka, John G.
- 120-134 Aid effectiveness: the role of the local elite
by Angeles, Luis & Neanidis, Kyriakos C.
- 135-143 Opening a stock exchange
by Minier, Jenny
- 144-152 Remittances, financial development, and growth
by Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta
- 153-162 Designing credit agent incentives to prevent mission drift in pro-poor microfinance institutions
by Aubert, Cécile & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 163-163 New perspectives on financial globalization: A symposium for the Journal of Development Economics
by Hanson, Gordon & Mendoza, Enrique G.
- 164-169 Globalization and financial development
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 170-180 Are valuation effects desirable from a global perspective?
by Benigno, Pierpaolo
- 181-193 A portfolio model of capital flows to emerging markets
by Devereux, Michael B. & Sutherland, Alan
- 194-209 Precautionary demand for foreign assets in Sudden Stop economies: An assessment of the New Mercantilism
by Durdu, Ceyhun Bora & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 210-222 Growth and risk at the industry level: The real effects of financial liberalization
by Levchenko, Andrei A. & Rancière, Romain & Thoenig, Mathias
- 223-234 The composition of capital inflows when emerging market firms face financing constraints
by Smith, Katherine A. & Valderrama, Diego
- 235-249 Sudden stops, sectoral reallocations, and the real exchange rate
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Ruhl, Kim J.
- 250-257 International financial remoteness and macroeconomic volatility
by Rose, Andrew K. & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 258-270 Does financial globalization promote risk sharing?
by Kose, M. Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar S. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 271-284 Persistent gaps and default traps
by Catão, Luis A.V. & Fostel, Ana & Kapur, Sandeep
- 285-296 Financial development and openness: Evidence from panel data
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Law, Siong Hook
2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-11 Insurance, credit, and technology adoption: Field experimental evidencefrom Malawi
by Gin, Xavier & Yang, Dean
- 12-18 Good governance and good aid allocation
by Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N.
- 19-27 The price effect of tariff liberalization: Measuring the impact on household welfare
by Nicita, Alessandro
- 28-38 On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart
- 39-50 Resource-grabbing by status-conscious agents
by Long, Ngo Van & Wang, Shengzu
- 51-61 The political economy of conditionality: An empirical analysis of World Bank loan disbursements
by Kilby, Christopher
- 62-76 Does increased access increase equality? Gender and child health investments in India
by Oster, Emily
- 77-83 Political institutions and telecommunications
by Andonova, Veneta & Diaz-Serrano, Luis
- 84-97 The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping
by Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre
- 98-108 Exchange rate and inflation dynamics in dollarized economies
by Carranza, Luis & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E. & Gomez-Biscarri, Javier
- 109-117 The effects of location and sectoral components of economic growth on poverty: Evidence from Indonesia
by Suryahadi, Asep & Suryadarma, Daniel & Sumarto, Sudarno
- 118-123 Does inflation targeting make a difference in developing countries?
by Lin, Shu & Ye, Haichun
- 124-138 On the release of information by governments: Causes and consequences
by Williams, Andrew
- 139-162 Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities
by Reynaud, Julien & Vauday, Julien
2009, Volume 88, Issue 2
- 185-191 Borrower runs
by Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S.
- 192-204 Why are interest spreads so high in Uganda?
by Beck, Thorsten & Hesse, Heiko
- 205-216 Fiscal policy and the structure of production in a two-sector developing economy
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Basher, Md.A.
- 217-220 Is product boycott a good idea for controlling child labor? A theoretical investigation
by Basu, Kaushik & Zarghamee, Homa
- 221-231 The macroeconomic consequences of disasters
by Noy, Ilan
- 232-241 Incentives, supervision, and sharecropper productivity
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Mansuri, Ghazala
- 242-257 Product variety and technical change
by Frensch, Richard & Gaucaite Wittich, Vitalija
- 258-268 A proposal for social pricing of water supply in Côte d'Ivoire
by Diakité, Daouda & Semenov, Aggey & Thomas, Alban
- 269-281 What drives international financial flows? Politics, institutions and other determinants
by Papaioannou, Elias
- 282-291 The cost of imperfect agency in health care: Evidence from rural Cameroun
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 292-300 Caste discrimination and transaction costs in the labor market: Evidence from rural North India
by Ito, Takahiro
- 301-313 Aiding violence or peace? The impact of foreign aid on the risk of civil conflict in sub-Saharan Africa
by de Ree, Joppe & Nillesen, Eleonora
- 314-324 Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets
by Demir, FIrat
- 325-334 How important are dual economy effects for aggregate productivity?
by Vollrath, Dietrich
- 335-347 Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data
by Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael
2009, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-18 Development aid and international politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions?
by Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vreeland, James Raymond
- 19-31 Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?
by de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher
- 32-44 The fiscal impact of high-skilled emigration: Flows of Indians to the U.S
by Desai, Mihir A. & Kapur, Devesh & McHale, John & Rogers, Keith
- 45-58 Growing richer and taller: Explaining change in the distribution of child nutritional status during Vietnam's economic boom
by O'Donnell, Owen & Nicolás, Ángel López & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 59-66 The effect of FDI on child labor
by Davies, Ronald B. & Voy, Annie
- 67-86 Household coping in war- and peacetime: Cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001
by Verpoorten, Marijke
- 87-102 The dynamic implications of foreign aid and its variability
by Arellano, Cristina & Bulír, Ales & Lane, Timothy & Lipschitz, Leslie
- 103-119 Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A theoretical model and empirical evidence from India
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar
- 120-131 Teaching locals new tricks: Foreign experts as a channel of knowledge transfers
by Markusen, James R. & Trofimenko, Natalia
- 132-143 The MFN clause, welfare, and multilateral cooperation between countries of unequal size
by Saggi, Kamal
- 144-156 Economic transition and gender differentials in wages and productivity: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing enterprises
by Dong, Xiao-yuan & Zhang, Liqin
- 157-170 Child fostering in Africa: When labor and schooling motives may coexist
by Serra, Renata
- 171-183 Public debt and financial development
by Hauner, David
2008, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 179-190 On the distribution of education and democracy
by Castelló-Climent, Amparo
- 191-209 Does rising landlessness signal success or failure for Vietnam's agrarian transition?
by Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique
- 210-226 A theory of racial diversity, segregation, and productivity
by Sparber, Chad
- 227-246 Constitutions and the resource curse
by Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje
- 247-254 The effect of reporting errors on the cross-country relationship between inequality and crime
by Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun
- 255-269 Brain waste? Educated immigrants in the US labor market
by Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Özden, Çaglar
- 270-282 The quality effect: Does financial liberalization improve the allocation of capital?
by Abiad, Abdul & Oomes, Nienke & Ueda, Kenichi
- 283-299 Political connections, financing and firm performance: Evidence from Chinese private firms
by Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Wang, Qian & Zhou, Li-An
- 300-308 The growth-inequality association: Government ideology matters
by Bjørnskov, Christian
- 309-321 Trade, regulations, and income
by Freund, Caroline & Bolaky, Bineswaree
- 322-332 Clientelism and aid
by Casamatta, Georges & Vellutini, Charles
- 333-353 Tolerance for uncertainty and the growth of informationally opaque industries
by Huang, Rocco R.
2008, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 1-13 What determines foreign aid? The donors' perspective
by Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark
- 14-28 The importance of being informed: Experimental evidence on demand for environmental quality
by Jalan, Jyotsna & Somanathan, E.
- 29-50 The political economy of seigniorage
by Aisen, Ari & Veiga, Francisco José
- 51-56 Assortative matching, adverse selection, and group lending
by Guttman, Joel M.
- 57-75 Does female schooling reduce fertility? Evidence from Nigeria
by Osili, Una Okonkwo & Long, Bridget Terry
- 76-84 Temporary shocks and offshoring: The role of external economies and firm heterogeneity
by Mitra, Devashish & Ranjan, Priya
- 85-91 Tari[ff]-tax reforms and market access
by Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis
- 92-105 An exploration of the positive effect of inequality on common property forests
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer
- 106-118 Does the use of imported intermediates increase productivity? Plant-level evidence
by Kasahara, Hiroyuki & Rodrigue, Joel
- 119-139 Political economy of income distribution dynamics
by Zhang, Lei
- 140-160 CPI bias and real living standards in Russia during the transition
by Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven & Le, Trinh
- 161-177 Engel's law, Petty's law, and agglomeration
by Murata, Yasusada
2008, Volume 86, Issue 2
- 215-241 Household bargaining over fertility: Theory and evidence from Malaysia
by Rasul, Imran
- 242-262 Deforestation and the real exchange rate
by Arcand, Jean-Louis & Guillaumont, Patrick & Jeanneney, Sylviane Guillaumont
- 263-276 Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies?
by Docquier, Frédéric & Faye, Ousmane & Pestieau, Pierre
- 277-295 Roads out of poverty? Assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim
- 296-312 Who benefits more from higher household consumption? The intra-household allocation of nutrients in China
by Mangyo, Eiji
- 313-335 Debt ceiling and fiscal sustainability in Brazil: A quantile autoregression approach
by Lima, Luiz Renato & Gaglianone, Wagner Piazza & Sampaio, Raquel M.B.
- 336-355 Job search and mobility in developing countries. Theory and policy implications
by Zenou, Yves
- 356-366 Remittances, transaction costs, and informality
by Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola
- 367-394 Institutions and concentration
by Mitton, Todd
- 395-413 Unequal opportunities and human capital formation
by Mejia, Daniel & St-Pierre, Marc
- 414-433 Are financial development and corruption control substitutes in promoting growth?
by Ahlin, Christian & Pang, Jiaren
- 434-446 On the emergence of public education in land-rich economies
by Galiani, Sebastian & Heymann, Daniel & Dabús, Carlos & Tohmé, Fernando
- 447-452 A note on redistributive fairness and economic reform
by Rubinchik, Anna & Wang, Ruqu
2008, Volume 86, Issue 1
- 1-21 Can micro-credit bring development?
by Ahlin, Christian & Jiang, Neville
- 22-42 Gross national happiness as an answer to the Easterlin Paradox?
by Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert
- 43-60 Subjective welfare, isolation, and relative consumption
by Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad
- 61-75 Geography, health, and the pace of demo-economic development
by Strulik, Holger
- 76-95 Schooling, wages and profits: Negative pecuniary externalities from schooling and their consequences for schooling investments
by Kochar, Anjini
- 96-111 Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?
by Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya
- 112-128 The tradeoff between growth and equity in decentralization policy: China's experience
by Qiao, Baoyun & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Xu, Yongsheng
- 129-146 Old-age benefits and retirement decisions of rural elderly in Brazil
by de Carvalho Filho, Irineu Evangelista
- 147-163 Optimal collective contract without peer information or peer monitoring
by Daripa, Arup
- 164-180 Child labor and schooling response to changes in coca production in rural Peru
by Dammert, Ana C.
- 181-200 Financial structure and economic growth
by Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid & Arestis, Philip & Theodoridis, Konstantinos
- 201-213 Public sector motivation and development failures
by Macchiavello, Rocco
2008, Volume 85, Issue 1-2
- 1-27 What causes firms to hide output? The determinants of informality
by Dabla-Norris, Era & Gradstein, Mark & Inchauste, Gabriela
- 28-57 Hedging sudden stops and precautionary contractions
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Panageas, Stavros
- 58-80 Cosigned vs. group loans
by Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S.
- 81-93 Reciprocated unilateralism in trade reforms with majority voting
by Krishna, Pravin & Mitra, Devashish
- 94-104 Improving quality versus increasing the quantity of schooling: Estimates of rates of return from rural Pakistan
by Behrman, Jere R. & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard
- 105-128 Is Spanish-only schooling responsible for the Puerto Rican language gap?
by Angrist, Joshua & Chin, Aimee & Godoy, Ricardo
- 129-149 Trade costs and location of foreign firms in China
by Amiti, Mary & Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata
- 150-175 Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?
by Mendola, Mariapia
- 176-193 Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Theory and evidence
by Liu, Zhiqiang
- 194-217 To share or not to share: Does local participation matter for spillovers from foreign direct investment?
by Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 218-252 Government ownership of banks, institutions, and financial development
by Andrianova, Svetlana & Demetriades, Panicos & Shortland, Anja
- 253-281 A north-south model of intellectual property rights protection and skill accumulation
by Parello, Carmelo Pierpaolo
- 282-311 Responding to the coffee crisis: What can we learn from price dynamics?
by Mehta, Aashish & Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 312-318 Inflation targeting in emerging economies: What do the data say?
by Goncalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Salles, Joao M.
- 319-347 Monetary union in West Africa and asymmetric shocks: A dynamic structural factor model approach
by Houssa, Romain
- 349-347 Erratum to "Can information alone change behavior? Response to arsenic contamination of groundwater in Bangladesh" [Journal of Development Economics 84 (2007) 731-754]
by Madajewicz, Malgosia & Pfaff, Alexander & van Geen, Alexander & Graziano, Joseph & Hussein, Iftikhar & Momotaj, Hasina & Sylvi, Roksana & Ahsan, Habibul
2007, Volume 84, Issue 2
- 574-589 How corruption hits people when they are down
by Hunt, Jennifer
- 590-608 Health and the evolution of welfare across Brazilian municipalities
by Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 609-630 Migration as an antidote to rent-seeking?
by Mariani, Fabio
- 631-639 The Cultural Revolution and returns to schooling in China: Estimates based on twins
by Zhang, Junsen & Liu, Pak-Wai & Yung, Linda
- 640-666 IMF concern for reputation and conditional lending failure: Theory and empirics
by Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura
- 667-685 Fungibility and the flypaper effect of project aid: Micro-evidence for Vietnam
by van de Walle, Dominique & Mu, Ren
- 686-714 How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment? Evidence from rural Uganda
by de Walque, Damien
- 715-730 Credit layering in informal financial markets
by Mansuri, Ghazala
- 731-754 Can information alone change behavior? Response to arsenic contamination of groundwater in Bangladesh
by Madajewicz, Malgosia & Pfaff, Alexander & van Geen, Alexander & Graziano, Joseph & Hussein, Iftikhar & Momotaj, Hasina & Sylvi, Roksana & Ahsan, Habibul
- 755-776 Inequality does cause underdevelopment: Insights from a new instrument
by Easterly, William
- 777-797 Age-differentiated minimum wages in developing countries
by Larrain, Mauricio & Poblete, Joaquin
- 798-811 Foreign equity trading and emerging market volatility: Evidence from Indonesia and Thailand
by Wang, Jianxin
2007, Volume 84, Issue 1
- 1-24 Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico
by Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel