Journal of Development Economics
September 2011, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 95-105 The influence of the mother's power on her child's labor in Mexico
by Reggio, Iliana
- 106-114 Almost random: Evaluating a large-scale randomized nutrition program in the presence of crossover
by Linnemayr, Sebastian & Alderman, Harold
- 115-125 Trade liberalization, antidumping, and safeguards: Evidence from India's tariff reform
by Bown, Chad P. & Tovar, Patricia
- 126-138 Does it matter where you come from? Vertical spillovers from foreign direct investment and the origin of investors
by Javorcik, Beata S. & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 139-149 Positional spending and status seeking in rural China
by Brown, Philip H. & Bulte, Erwin & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 150-157 Does more cash in conditional cash transfer programs always lead to larger impacts on school attendance?
by Filmer, Deon & Schady, Norbert
July 2011, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 105-120 Where does microfinance flourish? Microfinance institution performance in macroeconomic context
by Ahlin, Christian & Lin, Jocelyn & Maio, Michael
- 121-136 Schooling as a lottery: Racial differences in school advancement in urban South Africa
by Lam, David & Ardington, Cally & Leibbrandt, Murray
- 137-156 Land tenure and investment incentives: Evidence from West Africa
by Fenske, James
- 157-169 Price, unit value, and quality demanded
by McKelvey, Christopher
- 170-185 Can census data alone signal heterogeneity in the estimation of poverty maps?
by Tarozzi, Alessandro
- 186-200 The effect of armed conflict on accumulation of schooling: Results from Tajikistan
by Shemyakina, Olga
- 201-211 Bankruptcy costs, liability dollarization, and vulnerability to sudden stops
by Aysun, Uluc & Honig, Adam
- 212-228 Common factors in Latin America's business cycles
by Aiolfi, Marco & Catão, Luis A.V. & Timmermann, Allan
- 229-241 Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth: Evidence from Mexico
by Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Córdova, Ernesto López & Pería, María Soledad Martínez & Woodruff, Christopher
- 242-251 A reexamination of trends in primary commodity prices
by Ghoshray, Atanu
- 252-266 The formation and evolution of childhood skill acquisition: Evidence from India
by Helmers, Christian & Patnam, Manasa
May 2011, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 1-3 Preface for Symposium on Globalization and the Brain Drain in the Journal of Development Economics, 2010
by Bhagwati, Jagdish
- 4-17 The brain drain and the world distribution of income
by Mountford, Andrew & Rapoport, Hillel
- 18-29 The microeconomic determinants of emigration and return migration of the best and brightest: Evidence from the Pacific
by Gibson, John & McKenzie, David
- 30-41 Diasporas
by Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Özden, Çaglar
- 42-57 Income maximization and the selection and sorting of international migrants
by Grogger, Jeffrey & Hanson, Gordon H.
- 58-67 Return migration, human capital accumulation and the brain drain
by Dustmann, Christian & Fadlon, Itzhak & Weiss, Yoram
- 68-76 Brain-drain taxes for non-benevolent governments
by Wilson, John Douglas
- 77-87 Bidding for brains: Intellectual property rights and the international migration of knowledge workers
by McAusland, Carol & Kuhn, Peter
- 88-94 Does international mobility of high-skilled workers aggravate between-country inequality?
by Grossmann, Volker & Stadelmann, David
- 95-104 Developing science: Scientific performance and brain drains in the developing world
by Weinberg, Bruce A.
March 2011, Volume 94, Issue 2
- 151-163 Measuring subjective expectations in developing countries: A critical review and new evidence
by Delavande, Adeline & Giné, Xavier & McKenzie, David
- 164-180 Corruption and local democratization in Indonesia: The role of Islamic parties
by Henderson, J. Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari
- 181-191 Aggregate infrastructure capital stock and long-run growth: Evidence from Finnish data
by Luoto, Jani
- 192-201 Political regimes and foreign intervention
by Aidt, Toke S. & Albornoz, Facundo
- 202-206 Illusory revenues: Import tariffs in resource-rich and aid-rich economies
by Collier, Paul & Venables, Anthony J.
- 207-219 The role of importers and exporters in the determination of the U.S. tariff preferences granted to Latin America
by Silva, Peri
- 220-230 The impact of exchange rate volatility on plant-level investment: Evidence from Colombia
by Kandilov, Ivan T. & Leblebicioglu, AslI
- 231-241 Migrant networks and foreign direct investment
by Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina
- 242-253 Income and bargaining effects on education and health in Brazil
by Ponczek, Vladimir
- 254-261 Pursuing efficiency while maintaining outreach: Bank privatization in Tanzania
by Cull, Robert & Spreng, Connor P.
- 262-276 Does formality improve micro-firm performance? Evidence from the Brazilian SIMPLES program
by Fajnzylber, Pablo & Maloney, William F. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V.
- 277-289 Does political competition lessen ethnic discrimination? Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Sharif, Iffath A.
January 2011, Volume 94, Issue 1
- 1-17 Women as agents of change: Female income and mobility in India
by Luke, Nancy & Munshi, Kaivan
- 18-29 The impact of oil prices on an oil-importing developing economy
by Schubert, Stefan F. & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 30-40 Group insurance and lending with endogenous social collateral
by Paal, Beatrix & Wiseman, Thomas
- 41-61 The human capital consequences of civil war: Evidence from Guatemala
by Chamarbagwala, Rubiana & Morán, Hilcías E.
- 62-73 Fungibility and the impact of development assistance: Evidence from Vietnam's health sector
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 74-85 A healthier start: The effect of conditional cash transfers on neonatal and infant mortality in rural Mexico
by Barham, Tania
- 86-94 Economic transition, higher education and worker productivity in China
by Fleisher, Belton M. & Hu, Yifan & Li, Haizheng & Kim, Seonghoon
- 95-105 The elusive costs of sovereign defaults
by Yeyati, Eduardo Levy & Panizza, Ugo
- 106-118 Aid, Dutch disease, and manufacturing growth
by Rajan, Raghuram G. & Subramanian, Arvind
- 119-126 Impacts of the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia on livestock and tree holdings of rural households
by Andersson, Camilla & Mekonnen, Alemu & Stage, Jesper
- 127-138 BOT projects: Incentives and efficiency
by Qiu, Larry D. & Wang, Susheng
- 139-149 Asymmetric effects of financial development on South-South and South-North trade: Panel data evidence from emerging markets
by Demir, FIrat & Dahi, Omar S.
November 2010, Volume 93, Issue 2
- 153-161 Development through synergistic reforms
by Rauch, James E.
- 162-172 Vertical integration and investor protection in developing countries
by Macchiavello, Rocco
- 173-188 The supply- and demand-side impacts of credit market information
by de Janvry, Alain & McIntosh, Craig & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 189-205 Maturity mismatch and financial crises: Evidence from emerging market corporations
by Bleakley, Hoyt & Cowan, Kevin
- 206-217 Financial factors and the margins of trade: Evidence from cross-country firm-level data
by Berman, Nicolas & Héricourt, Jérôme
- 218-225 Foreign direct investment and host country policies: A rationale for using ownership restrictions
by Karabay, Bilgehan
- 226-234 Using the Hawthorne effect to examine the gap between a doctor's best possible practice and actual performance
by Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C.
- 235-248 Conflict displacement and labor market outcomes in post-war Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Kondylis, Florence
- 249-263 A survey-based choice experiment on coca cultivation
by Ibanez, Marcela & Carlsson, Fredrik
- 264-274 Decentralizing development: Allocating public goods via competition
by Chavis, Larry
- 275-286 The determinants and impact of telecommunications reforms in developing countries
by Gasmi, Farid & Recuero Virto, Laura
- 287-298 Fiscal inertia, donor credibility, and the monetary management of aid surges
by Buffie, Edward F. & O'Connell, Stephen A. & Adam, Christopher
September 2010, Volume 93, Issue 1
- 1-6 The optimal sequencing of carrots
by Steele, Jennifer L.
- 7-19 Fatal fluctuations? Cyclicality in infant mortality in India
by Bhalotra, Sonia
- 20-36 Poverty reduction without economic growth?: Explaining Brazil's poverty dynamics, 1985-2004
by Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Ravallion, Martin
- 37-48 The Indian growth miracle and endogenous growth
by Madsen, Jakob B. & Saxena, Shishir & Ang, James B.
- 49-62 Property rights protection and corporate R&D: Evidence from China
by Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping & Song, Frank
- 63-70 Entrepreneurial drain under moral hazard: A high-yield sector curse?
by Perroni, Carlo & Proto, Eugenio
- 71-87 Inheritance patterns in migration-prone communities of the Peruvian Highlands
by Goetghebuer, Tatiana & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 88-108 Competition and inter-firm credit: Theory and evidence from firm-level data in Indonesia
by Hyndman, Kyle & Serio, Giovanni
- 109-125 Do unemployment benefits promote or hinder job reallocation?
by Boeri, Tito & Macis, Mario
- 126-136 Managerial ability and capital flows
by Silva, André C.
- 137-151 The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation
by Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio
July 2010, Volume 92, Issue 2
- 97-106 North-South trade with increasing product variety
by Gustafsson, Peter & Segerstrom, Paul
- 107-114 Competition in bureaucracy and corruption
by Drugov, Mikhail
- 115-124 Do elites benefit from democracy and foreign aid in developing countries?
by Bjørnskov, Christian
- 125-137 Financial market participation and the developing country business cycle
by Özbilgin, H. Murat
- 138-151 The value added tax: Its causes and consequences
by Keen, Michael & Lockwood, Ben
- 152-165 Child welfare programs and child nutrition: Evidence from a mandated school meal program in India
by Afridi, Farzana
- 166-174 Elections, exchange rates and reform in Latin America
by Cermeño, Rodolfo & Grier, Robin & Grier, Kevin
- 175-187 India shining and Bharat drowning: Comparing two Indian states to the worldwide distribution in mathematics achievement
by Das, Jishnu & Zajonc, Tristan
- 188-200 The impact of piped water provision on infant mortality in Brazil: A quantile panel data approach
by Gamper-Rabindran, Shanti & Khan, Shakeeb & Timmins, Christopher
- 201-214 Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries
by Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo
- 215-231 Human capital, economic growth, and regional inequality in China
by Fleisher, Belton & Li, Haizheng & Zhao, Min Qiang
- 232-243 A century of economic growth in Latin America
by Astorga, Pablo
May 2010, Volume 92, Issue 1
- 1-12 The welfare costs of unreliable water service
by Baisa, Brian & Davis, Lucas W. & Salant, Stephen W. & Wilcox, William
- 13-27 Intellectual property rights, multinational firms and economic growth
by Dinopoulos, Elias & Segerstrom, Paul
- 28-38 Does oil corrupt? Evidence from a natural experiment in West Africa
by Vicente, Pedro C.
- 39-52 Electoral manipulation via voter-friendly spending: Theory and evidence
by Drazen, Allan & Eslava, Marcela
- 53-61 How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania
by Bengtsson, Niklas
- 62-70 Remittances and temporary migration
by Dustmann, Christian & Mestres, Josep
- 71-81 Do external interventions work? The case of trade reform conditions in IMF supported programs
by Wei, Shang-Jin & Zhang, Zhiwei
- 82-95 Causal effects of sex preference on sex-blind and sex-selective child avoidance and substitution across birth years: Evidence from the Japanese year of the fire horse
by Rohlfs, Chris & Reed, Alexander & Yamada, Hiroyuki
March 2010, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 185-197 Changing aid regimes? U.S. foreign aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror
by Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher
- 198-210 Inflation targeting in emerging economies: Panel evidence
by Brito, Ricardo D. & Bystedt, Brianne
- 211-226 Informal self-employment and macroeconomic fluctuations
by Fiess, Norbert M. & Fugazza, Marco & Maloney, William F.
- 227-241 Sudden stops: Determinants and output effects in the first era of globalization, 1880-1913
by Bordo, Michael D. & Cavallo, Alberto F. & Meissner, Christopher M.
- 242-256 Does foreign direct investment promote growth? Exploring the role of financial markets on linkages
by Alfaro, Laura & Chanda, Areendam & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sayek, Selin
- 257-265 Export promotion agencies: Do they work?
by Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy
- 266-277 Chronic and transient poverty: Measurement and estimation, with evidence from China
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Araar, Abdelkrim & Giles, John
- 278-288 Teacher unions, teacher pay and student performance in India: A pupil fixed effects approach
by Kingdon, Geeta & Teal, Francis
- 289-300 Trade, democracy, and the gravity equation
by Yu, Miaojie
- 301-309 It matters where you go: Outward foreign direct investment and multinational employment growth at home
by Debaere, Peter & Lee, Hongshik & Lee, Joonhyung
- 310-322 Estimating the private benefits of vaccination against cholera in Beira, Mozambique: A travel cost approach
by Jeuland, Marc & Lucas, Marcelino & Clemens, John & Whittington, Dale
- 323-335 Remittances to Latin America from migrants in the United States: Assessing the impact of amnesty programs
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Mazzolari, Francesca
- 336-347 Sovereign defaulters: Do international capital markets punish them?
by Fuentes, Miguel & Saravia, Diego
- 348-363 Group lending and individual lending with strategic default
by Bhole, Bharat & Ogden, Sean
January 2010, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-7 Aid volatility and poverty traps
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua
- 8-14 Child labor and household wealth: Theory and empirical evidence of an inverted-U
by Basu, Kaushik & Das, Sanghamitra & Dutta, Bhaskar
- 15-24 Does it pay firms to register for taxes? The impact of formality on firm profitability
by McKenzie, David & Seynabou Sakho, Yaye
- 25-36 High growth and low consumption in East Asia: How to improve welfare while avoiding financial failures
by Feltenstein, Andrew & Rochon, Céline & Shamloo, Maral
- 37-47 The formal sector wage premium and firm size
by El Badaoui, Eliane & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank
- 48-63 Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development
by Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry
- 64-76 Wake up and smell the ginseng: International trade and the rise of incremental innovation in low-wage countries
by Puga, Diego & Trefler, Daniel
- 77-86 Precautionary saving under liquidity constraints: Evidence from rural Pakistan
by Lee, Jeong-Joon & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 87-99 Regulation of entry, labor market institutions and the informal sector
by Ulyssea, Gabriel
- 100-112 Inter-provincial migration and inequality during Vietnam's transition
by Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian
- 113-127 Do all countries grow alike?
by Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M. & Kolari, J.W.
- 128-139 Africa's education enigma? The Nigerian story
by Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth
- 140-154 From duty to right: The role of public education in the transition to aging societies
by Sugimoto, Yoshiaki & Nakagawa, Masao
- 155-168 Economic geography and wages in Brazil: Evidence from micro-data
by Fally, Thibault & Paillacar, Rodrigo & Terra, Cristina
- 169-179 Structural policies and growth: Time series evidence from a natural experiment
by Eicher, Theo S. & Schreiber, Till
- 180-183 Taylor principle and inflation stability in emerging market countries
by Teles, Vladimir Kühl & Zaidan, Marta
November 2009, Volume 90, Issue 2
- 163-178 The geography of output volatility
by Malik, Adeel & Temple, Jonathan R.W.
- 179-191 What determines female autonomy? Evidence from Bangladesh
by Anderson, Siwan & Eswaran, Mukesh
- 192-199 How firm capabilities affect who benefits from foreign technology
by Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J.
- 200-208 Public-private partnerships in micro-finance: Should NGO involvement be restricted?
by Roy, Jaideep & Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 209-230 Parental compensatory behaviors and early child health outcomes in Cebu, Philippines
by Liu, Haiyong & Mroz, Thomas & Adair, Linda
- 231-236 Intellectual property rights, technology transfer and exports in developing countries
by Yang, Lei & Maskus, Keith E.
- 237-243 Purchasing Power Parity and aggregation bias for a developing country: The case of Mexico
by Robertson, Raymond & Kumar, Anil & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 244-257 Rent-seeking bureaucracies, inequality, and growth
by Spinesi, Luca
- 258-266 Inequality persistence through vertical vs. horizontal coalitions
by Pellicer, Miquel
- 267-275 Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism: Evidence from the Caribbean
by Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel
- 276-284 Efficient delivery of subsidies to the poor: Improving the design of a cash transfer program in Ecuador
by Carrillo, Paul E. & Ponce Jarrín, Juan
- 285-298 Endogenous capital market imperfections, human capital, and intergenerational mobility
by Hidalgo Cabrillana, Ana
- 299-305 Do existing corruption levels matter in controlling corruption?: Cross-country quantile regression estimates
by Billger, Sherrilyn M. & Goel, Rajeev K.
- 306-313 Migration, human capital accumulation and economic development
by Di Maria, Corrado & Stryszowski, Piotr
- 314-322 Sudden stops, banking crises and investment collapses in emerging markets
by Joyce, Joseph P. & Nabar, Malhar
- 323-325 Philippe Aghion and Steven N. Durlauf, Editors, Handbook of Economic Growth 1 volumes A and B, North-Holland, Amsterdam (2005) 1998 pages, ISBN-13: 978-0-444-50837-9, USD 235 (set)
by Gersbach, Hans & Hahn, Volker
September 2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-13 Are foreign investors attracted to weak environmental regulations? Evaluating the evidence from China
by Dean, Judith M. & Lovely, Mary E. & Wang, Hua
- 14-23 Enforcement in informal saving groups
by Anderson, Siwan & Baland, Jean-Marie & Moene, Karl Ove
- 24-32 Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol
by Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank
- 33-49 Openness can be good for growth: The role of policy complementarities
by Chang, Roberto & Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman V.
- 50-56 On the strength of intellectual property protection that nations provide
by Kanwar, Sunil & Evenson, Robert
- 57-68 A great wall of patents: What is behind China's recent patent explosion?
by Hu, Albert Guangzhou & Jefferson, Gary H.
- 69-84 Infrastructure privatization and changes in corruption patterns: The roots of public discontent
by Martimort, David & Straub, Stéphane
- 85-93 Industrial policy in an imperfect world
by Hodler, Roland
- 94-105 Sources of investment inefficiency: The case of fixed-asset investment in China
by Qin, Duo & Song, Haiyan
- 106-119 From families to formal contracts: An approach to development
by Kumar, Krishna B. & Matsusaka, John G.
- 120-134 Aid effectiveness: the role of the local elite
by Angeles, Luis & Neanidis, Kyriakos C.
- 135-143 Opening a stock exchange
by Minier, Jenny
- 144-152 Remittances, financial development, and growth
by Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta
- 153-162 Designing credit agent incentives to prevent mission drift in pro-poor microfinance institutions
by Aubert, Cécile & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
July 2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 163-163 New perspectives on financial globalization: A symposium for the Journal of Development Economics
by Hanson, Gordon & Mendoza, Enrique G.
- 164-169 Globalization and financial development
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 170-180 Are valuation effects desirable from a global perspective?
by Benigno, Pierpaolo
- 181-193 A portfolio model of capital flows to emerging markets
by Devereux, Michael B. & Sutherland, Alan
- 194-209 Precautionary demand for foreign assets in Sudden Stop economies: An assessment of the New Mercantilism
by Durdu, Ceyhun Bora & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 210-222 Growth and risk at the industry level: The real effects of financial liberalization
by Levchenko, Andrei A. & Rancière, Romain & Thoenig, Mathias
- 223-234 The composition of capital inflows when emerging market firms face financing constraints
by Smith, Katherine A. & Valderrama, Diego
- 235-249 Sudden stops, sectoral reallocations, and the real exchange rate
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Ruhl, Kim J.
- 250-257 International financial remoteness and macroeconomic volatility
by Rose, Andrew K. & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 258-270 Does financial globalization promote risk sharing?
by Kose, M. Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar S. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 271-284 Persistent gaps and default traps
by Catão, Luis A.V. & Fostel, Ana & Kapur, Sandeep
- 285-296 Financial development and openness: Evidence from panel data
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Law, Siong Hook
May 2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-11 Insurance, credit, and technology adoption: Field experimental evidencefrom Malawi
by Gin, Xavier & Yang, Dean
- 12-18 Good governance and good aid allocation
by Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N.
- 19-27 The price effect of tariff liberalization: Measuring the impact on household welfare
by Nicita, Alessandro
- 28-38 On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart
- 39-50 Resource-grabbing by status-conscious agents
by Long, Ngo Van & Wang, Shengzu
- 51-61 The political economy of conditionality: An empirical analysis of World Bank loan disbursements
by Kilby, Christopher
- 62-76 Does increased access increase equality? Gender and child health investments in India
by Oster, Emily
- 77-83 Political institutions and telecommunications
by Andonova, Veneta & Diaz-Serrano, Luis
- 84-97 The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping
by Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre
- 98-108 Exchange rate and inflation dynamics in dollarized economies
by Carranza, Luis & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E. & Gomez-Biscarri, Javier
- 109-117 The effects of location and sectoral components of economic growth on poverty: Evidence from Indonesia
by Suryahadi, Asep & Suryadarma, Daniel & Sumarto, Sudarno
- 118-123 Does inflation targeting make a difference in developing countries?
by Lin, Shu & Ye, Haichun
- 124-138 On the release of information by governments: Causes and consequences
by Williams, Andrew
- 139-162 Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities
by Reynaud, Julien & Vauday, Julien
March 2009, Volume 88, Issue 2
- 185-191 Borrower runs
by Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S.
- 192-204 Why are interest spreads so high in Uganda?
by Beck, Thorsten & Hesse, Heiko
- 205-216 Fiscal policy and the structure of production in a two-sector developing economy
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Basher, Md.A.
- 217-220 Is product boycott a good idea for controlling child labor? A theoretical investigation
by Basu, Kaushik & Zarghamee, Homa
- 221-231 The macroeconomic consequences of disasters
by Noy, Ilan
- 232-241 Incentives, supervision, and sharecropper productivity
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Mansuri, Ghazala
- 242-257 Product variety and technical change
by Frensch, Richard & Gaucaite Wittich, Vitalija
- 258-268 A proposal for social pricing of water supply in Côte d'Ivoire
by Diakité, Daouda & Semenov, Aggey & Thomas, Alban
- 269-281 What drives international financial flows? Politics, institutions and other determinants
by Papaioannou, Elias
- 282-291 The cost of imperfect agency in health care: Evidence from rural Cameroun
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 292-300 Caste discrimination and transaction costs in the labor market: Evidence from rural North India
by Ito, Takahiro
- 301-313 Aiding violence or peace? The impact of foreign aid on the risk of civil conflict in sub-Saharan Africa
by de Ree, Joppe & Nillesen, Eleonora
- 314-324 Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets
by Demir, FIrat
- 325-334 How important are dual economy effects for aggregate productivity?
by Vollrath, Dietrich
- 335-347 Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data
by Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael
January 2009, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-18 Development aid and international politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions?
by Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vreeland, James Raymond
- 19-31 Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?
by de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher
- 32-44 The fiscal impact of high-skilled emigration: Flows of Indians to the U.S
by Desai, Mihir A. & Kapur, Devesh & McHale, John & Rogers, Keith
- 45-58 Growing richer and taller: Explaining change in the distribution of child nutritional status during Vietnam's economic boom
by O'Donnell, Owen & Nicolás, Ángel López & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 59-66 The effect of FDI on child labor
by Davies, Ronald B. & Voy, Annie