Journal of Development Economics
2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 106-119 From families to formal contracts: An approach to development
by Kumar, Krishna B. & Matsusaka, John G.
- 120-134 Aid effectiveness: the role of the local elite
by Angeles, Luis & Neanidis, Kyriakos C.
- 135-143 Opening a stock exchange
by Minier, Jenny
- 144-152 Remittances, financial development, and growth
by Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta
- 153-162 Designing credit agent incentives to prevent mission drift in pro-poor microfinance institutions
by Aubert, Cécile & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 163-163 New perspectives on financial globalization: A symposium for the Journal of Development Economics
by Hanson, Gordon & Mendoza, Enrique G.
- 164-169 Globalization and financial development
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 170-180 Are valuation effects desirable from a global perspective?
by Benigno, Pierpaolo
- 181-193 A portfolio model of capital flows to emerging markets
by Devereux, Michael B. & Sutherland, Alan
- 194-209 Precautionary demand for foreign assets in Sudden Stop economies: An assessment of the New Mercantilism
by Durdu, Ceyhun Bora & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 210-222 Growth and risk at the industry level: The real effects of financial liberalization
by Levchenko, Andrei A. & Rancière, Romain & Thoenig, Mathias
- 223-234 The composition of capital inflows when emerging market firms face financing constraints
by Smith, Katherine A. & Valderrama, Diego
- 235-249 Sudden stops, sectoral reallocations, and the real exchange rate
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Ruhl, Kim J.
- 250-257 International financial remoteness and macroeconomic volatility
by Rose, Andrew K. & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 258-270 Does financial globalization promote risk sharing?
by Kose, M. Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar S. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 271-284 Persistent gaps and default traps
by Catão, Luis A.V. & Fostel, Ana & Kapur, Sandeep
- 285-296 Financial development and openness: Evidence from panel data
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Law, Siong Hook
2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-11 Insurance, credit, and technology adoption: Field experimental evidencefrom Malawi
by Gin, Xavier & Yang, Dean
- 12-18 Good governance and good aid allocation
by Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N.
- 19-27 The price effect of tariff liberalization: Measuring the impact on household welfare
by Nicita, Alessandro
- 28-38 On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart
- 39-50 Resource-grabbing by status-conscious agents
by Long, Ngo Van & Wang, Shengzu
- 51-61 The political economy of conditionality: An empirical analysis of World Bank loan disbursements
by Kilby, Christopher
- 62-76 Does increased access increase equality? Gender and child health investments in India
by Oster, Emily
- 77-83 Political institutions and telecommunications
by Andonova, Veneta & Diaz-Serrano, Luis
- 84-97 The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping
by Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre
- 98-108 Exchange rate and inflation dynamics in dollarized economies
by Carranza, Luis & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E. & Gomez-Biscarri, Javier
- 109-117 The effects of location and sectoral components of economic growth on poverty: Evidence from Indonesia
by Suryahadi, Asep & Suryadarma, Daniel & Sumarto, Sudarno
- 118-123 Does inflation targeting make a difference in developing countries?
by Lin, Shu & Ye, Haichun
- 124-138 On the release of information by governments: Causes and consequences
by Williams, Andrew
- 139-162 Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities
by Reynaud, Julien & Vauday, Julien
2009, Volume 88, Issue 2
- 185-191 Borrower runs
by Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S.
- 192-204 Why are interest spreads so high in Uganda?
by Beck, Thorsten & Hesse, Heiko
- 205-216 Fiscal policy and the structure of production in a two-sector developing economy
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Basher, Md.A.
- 217-220 Is product boycott a good idea for controlling child labor? A theoretical investigation
by Basu, Kaushik & Zarghamee, Homa
- 221-231 The macroeconomic consequences of disasters
by Noy, Ilan
- 232-241 Incentives, supervision, and sharecropper productivity
by Jacoby, Hanan G. & Mansuri, Ghazala
- 242-257 Product variety and technical change
by Frensch, Richard & Gaucaite Wittich, Vitalija
- 258-268 A proposal for social pricing of water supply in Côte d'Ivoire
by Diakité, Daouda & Semenov, Aggey & Thomas, Alban
- 269-281 What drives international financial flows? Politics, institutions and other determinants
by Papaioannou, Elias
- 282-291 The cost of imperfect agency in health care: Evidence from rural Cameroun
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 292-300 Caste discrimination and transaction costs in the labor market: Evidence from rural North India
by Ito, Takahiro
- 301-313 Aiding violence or peace? The impact of foreign aid on the risk of civil conflict in sub-Saharan Africa
by de Ree, Joppe & Nillesen, Eleonora
- 314-324 Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets
by Demir, FIrat
- 325-334 How important are dual economy effects for aggregate productivity?
by Vollrath, Dietrich
- 335-347 Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data
by Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael
2009, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-18 Development aid and international politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions?
by Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vreeland, James Raymond
- 19-31 Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?
by de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher
- 32-44 The fiscal impact of high-skilled emigration: Flows of Indians to the U.S
by Desai, Mihir A. & Kapur, Devesh & McHale, John & Rogers, Keith
- 45-58 Growing richer and taller: Explaining change in the distribution of child nutritional status during Vietnam's economic boom
by O'Donnell, Owen & Nicolás, Ángel López & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 59-66 The effect of FDI on child labor
by Davies, Ronald B. & Voy, Annie
- 67-86 Household coping in war- and peacetime: Cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001
by Verpoorten, Marijke
- 87-102 The dynamic implications of foreign aid and its variability
by Arellano, Cristina & Bulír, Ales & Lane, Timothy & Lipschitz, Leslie
- 103-119 Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A theoretical model and empirical evidence from India
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar
- 120-131 Teaching locals new tricks: Foreign experts as a channel of knowledge transfers
by Markusen, James R. & Trofimenko, Natalia
- 132-143 The MFN clause, welfare, and multilateral cooperation between countries of unequal size
by Saggi, Kamal
- 144-156 Economic transition and gender differentials in wages and productivity: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing enterprises
by Dong, Xiao-yuan & Zhang, Liqin
- 157-170 Child fostering in Africa: When labor and schooling motives may coexist
by Serra, Renata
- 171-183 Public debt and financial development
by Hauner, David
2008, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 179-190 On the distribution of education and democracy
by Castelló-Climent, Amparo
- 191-209 Does rising landlessness signal success or failure for Vietnam's agrarian transition?
by Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique
- 210-226 A theory of racial diversity, segregation, and productivity
by Sparber, Chad
- 227-246 Constitutions and the resource curse
by Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje
- 247-254 The effect of reporting errors on the cross-country relationship between inequality and crime
by Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun
- 255-269 Brain waste? Educated immigrants in the US labor market
by Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Özden, Çaglar
- 270-282 The quality effect: Does financial liberalization improve the allocation of capital?
by Abiad, Abdul & Oomes, Nienke & Ueda, Kenichi
- 283-299 Political connections, financing and firm performance: Evidence from Chinese private firms
by Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Wang, Qian & Zhou, Li-An
- 300-308 The growth-inequality association: Government ideology matters
by Bjørnskov, Christian
- 309-321 Trade, regulations, and income
by Freund, Caroline & Bolaky, Bineswaree
- 322-332 Clientelism and aid
by Casamatta, Georges & Vellutini, Charles
- 333-353 Tolerance for uncertainty and the growth of informationally opaque industries
by Huang, Rocco R.
2008, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 1-13 What determines foreign aid? The donors' perspective
by Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark
- 14-28 The importance of being informed: Experimental evidence on demand for environmental quality
by Jalan, Jyotsna & Somanathan, E.
- 29-50 The political economy of seigniorage
by Aisen, Ari & Veiga, Francisco José
- 51-56 Assortative matching, adverse selection, and group lending
by Guttman, Joel M.
- 57-75 Does female schooling reduce fertility? Evidence from Nigeria
by Osili, Una Okonkwo & Long, Bridget Terry
- 76-84 Temporary shocks and offshoring: The role of external economies and firm heterogeneity
by Mitra, Devashish & Ranjan, Priya
- 85-91 Tari[ff]-tax reforms and market access
by Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis
- 92-105 An exploration of the positive effect of inequality on common property forests
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer
- 106-118 Does the use of imported intermediates increase productivity? Plant-level evidence
by Kasahara, Hiroyuki & Rodrigue, Joel
- 119-139 Political economy of income distribution dynamics
by Zhang, Lei
- 140-160 CPI bias and real living standards in Russia during the transition
by Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven & Le, Trinh
- 161-177 Engel's law, Petty's law, and agglomeration
by Murata, Yasusada
2008, Volume 86, Issue 2
- 215-241 Household bargaining over fertility: Theory and evidence from Malaysia
by Rasul, Imran
- 242-262 Deforestation and the real exchange rate
by Arcand, Jean-Louis & Guillaumont, Patrick & Jeanneney, Sylviane Guillaumont
- 263-276 Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies?
by Docquier, Frédéric & Faye, Ousmane & Pestieau, Pierre
- 277-295 Roads out of poverty? Assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim
- 296-312 Who benefits more from higher household consumption? The intra-household allocation of nutrients in China
by Mangyo, Eiji
- 313-335 Debt ceiling and fiscal sustainability in Brazil: A quantile autoregression approach
by Lima, Luiz Renato & Gaglianone, Wagner Piazza & Sampaio, Raquel M.B.
- 336-355 Job search and mobility in developing countries. Theory and policy implications
by Zenou, Yves
- 356-366 Remittances, transaction costs, and informality
by Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola
- 367-394 Institutions and concentration
by Mitton, Todd
- 395-413 Unequal opportunities and human capital formation
by Mejia, Daniel & St-Pierre, Marc
- 414-433 Are financial development and corruption control substitutes in promoting growth?
by Ahlin, Christian & Pang, Jiaren
- 434-446 On the emergence of public education in land-rich economies
by Galiani, Sebastian & Heymann, Daniel & Dabús, Carlos & Tohmé, Fernando
- 447-452 A note on redistributive fairness and economic reform
by Rubinchik, Anna & Wang, Ruqu
2008, Volume 86, Issue 1
- 1-21 Can micro-credit bring development?
by Ahlin, Christian & Jiang, Neville
- 22-42 Gross national happiness as an answer to the Easterlin Paradox?
by Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert
- 43-60 Subjective welfare, isolation, and relative consumption
by Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad
- 61-75 Geography, health, and the pace of demo-economic development
by Strulik, Holger
- 76-95 Schooling, wages and profits: Negative pecuniary externalities from schooling and their consequences for schooling investments
by Kochar, Anjini
- 96-111 Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?
by Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya
- 112-128 The tradeoff between growth and equity in decentralization policy: China's experience
by Qiao, Baoyun & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Xu, Yongsheng
- 129-146 Old-age benefits and retirement decisions of rural elderly in Brazil
by de Carvalho Filho, Irineu Evangelista
- 147-163 Optimal collective contract without peer information or peer monitoring
by Daripa, Arup
- 164-180 Child labor and schooling response to changes in coca production in rural Peru
by Dammert, Ana C.
- 181-200 Financial structure and economic growth
by Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid & Arestis, Philip & Theodoridis, Konstantinos
- 201-213 Public sector motivation and development failures
by Macchiavello, Rocco
2008, Volume 85, Issue 1-2
- 1-27 What causes firms to hide output? The determinants of informality
by Dabla-Norris, Era & Gradstein, Mark & Inchauste, Gabriela
- 28-57 Hedging sudden stops and precautionary contractions
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Panageas, Stavros
- 58-80 Cosigned vs. group loans
by Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S.
- 81-93 Reciprocated unilateralism in trade reforms with majority voting
by Krishna, Pravin & Mitra, Devashish
- 94-104 Improving quality versus increasing the quantity of schooling: Estimates of rates of return from rural Pakistan
by Behrman, Jere R. & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard
- 105-128 Is Spanish-only schooling responsible for the Puerto Rican language gap?
by Angrist, Joshua & Chin, Aimee & Godoy, Ricardo
- 129-149 Trade costs and location of foreign firms in China
by Amiti, Mary & Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata
- 150-175 Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?
by Mendola, Mariapia
- 176-193 Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Theory and evidence
by Liu, Zhiqiang
- 194-217 To share or not to share: Does local participation matter for spillovers from foreign direct investment?
by Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 218-252 Government ownership of banks, institutions, and financial development
by Andrianova, Svetlana & Demetriades, Panicos & Shortland, Anja
- 253-281 A north-south model of intellectual property rights protection and skill accumulation
by Parello, Carmelo Pierpaolo
- 282-311 Responding to the coffee crisis: What can we learn from price dynamics?
by Mehta, Aashish & Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 312-318 Inflation targeting in emerging economies: What do the data say?
by Goncalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Salles, Joao M.
- 319-347 Monetary union in West Africa and asymmetric shocks: A dynamic structural factor model approach
by Houssa, Romain
- 349-347 Erratum to "Can information alone change behavior? Response to arsenic contamination of groundwater in Bangladesh" [Journal of Development Economics 84 (2007) 731-754]
by Madajewicz, Malgosia & Pfaff, Alexander & van Geen, Alexander & Graziano, Joseph & Hussein, Iftikhar & Momotaj, Hasina & Sylvi, Roksana & Ahsan, Habibul
2007, Volume 84, Issue 2
- 574-589 How corruption hits people when they are down
by Hunt, Jennifer
- 590-608 Health and the evolution of welfare across Brazilian municipalities
by Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 609-630 Migration as an antidote to rent-seeking?
by Mariani, Fabio
- 631-639 The Cultural Revolution and returns to schooling in China: Estimates based on twins
by Zhang, Junsen & Liu, Pak-Wai & Yung, Linda
- 640-666 IMF concern for reputation and conditional lending failure: Theory and empirics
by Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura
- 667-685 Fungibility and the flypaper effect of project aid: Micro-evidence for Vietnam
by van de Walle, Dominique & Mu, Ren
- 686-714 How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment? Evidence from rural Uganda
by de Walque, Damien
- 715-730 Credit layering in informal financial markets
by Mansuri, Ghazala
- 731-754 Can information alone change behavior? Response to arsenic contamination of groundwater in Bangladesh
by Madajewicz, Malgosia & Pfaff, Alexander & van Geen, Alexander & Graziano, Joseph & Hussein, Iftikhar & Momotaj, Hasina & Sylvi, Roksana & Ahsan, Habibul
- 755-776 Inequality does cause underdevelopment: Insights from a new instrument
by Easterly, William
- 777-797 Age-differentiated minimum wages in developing countries
by Larrain, Mauricio & Poblete, Joaquin
- 798-811 Foreign equity trading and emerging market volatility: Evidence from Indonesia and Thailand
by Wang, Jianxin
2007, Volume 84, Issue 1
- 1-24 Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico
by Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel
- 25-45 Only income diverges: A neoclassical anomaly
by Grier, Kevin & Grier, Robin
- 46-60 On the static and dynamic costs of trade restrictions for small developing countries
by Van Marrewijk, Charles & Berden, Koen G.
- 61-75 Socioeconomic status or noise? Tradeoffs in the generation of school quality information
by Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar & Urquiola, Miguel
- 76-103 Urbanization, informal sector, and development
by Yuki, Kazuhiro
- 104-117 Revisiting the infant industry argument
by Saure, Philip
- 118-137 Mortality risks, education and child labor
by Estevan, Fernanda & Baland, Jean-Marie
- 138-154 Effects of longevity and dependency rates on saving and growth: Evidence from a panel of cross countries
by Li, Hongbin & Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen
- 155-187 Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low-income countries?
by Raddatz, Claudio
- 188-214 Effects of economic shocks on children's employment and schooling in Brazil
by Duryea, Suzanne & Lam, David & Levison, Deborah
- 215-233 Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia
by Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J.
- 234-250 Quality dualism
by Banerji, Arup & Jain, Sanjay
- 251-270 Persistent inequality: An explanation based on limited parental altruism
by Das, Mausumi
- 271-290 Nonlinear economic growth: Some theory and cross-country evidence
by Fiaschi, Davide & Lavezzi, Andrea Mario
- 291-309 Nonlinearities and heterogeneity in environmental quality: An empirical analysis of deforestation
by Nguyen Van, Phu & Azomahou, Theophile
- 310-329 Evaluation of training in African enterprises
by Rosholm, Michael & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Dabalen, Andrew
- 330-349 Does poverty constrain deforestation? Econometric evidence from Peru
by Zwane, Alix Peterson
- 350-377 Trade policy in a Ricardian model with a continuum of goods under nonhomothetic preferences
by Stibora, Joachim & de Vaal, Albert
- 378-416 Comparisons of real output and productivity of Chinese and Indian manufacturing, 1980-2002
by Lee, Boon L. & Rao, D.S. Prasada & Shepherd, William
- 417-444 Trade unions vs. statistical discrimination: Theory and application to post-apartheid South Africa
by Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabe, Sandrine
- 445-464 Self-fulfilling prophecies in the quality ladders economy
by Cozzi, Guido
- 465-486 Bribery, inefficiency, and bureaucratic delay
by Ahlin, Christian & Bose, Pinaki
- 487-506 Group-lending with sequential financing, contingent renewal and social capital
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 507-533 Foreign aid and economic growth: The role of flexible labor supply
by Chatterjee, Santanu & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 534-550 Reforms and confidence
by Haaparanta, Pertti & Pirttila, Jukka
- 551-571 Can a raise in your wage make you worse off? A public goods perspective
by Ghosh, Suman & Karaivanov, Alexander
2007, Volume 83, Issue 2
- 253-255 The social dimensions of microeconomic behavior in low-income communities: Introduction to a symposium
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Foster, Andrew D.
- 256-279 Social affiliation and the demand for health services: Caste and child health in South India
by Luke, Nancy & Munshi, Kaivan
- 280-301 Descent rules and strategic transfers. Evidence from matrilineal groups in Ghana
by La Ferrara, Eliana
- 302-325 Heterogeneity, social esteem and feasibility of collective action
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Seki, Erika
- 326-350 The formation of risk sharing networks
by Fafchamps, Marcel & Gubert, Flore
- 351-367 Strategic analysis of petty corruption: Entrepreneurs and bureaucrats
by Lambert-Mogiliansky, Ariane & Majumdar, Mukul & Radner, Roy
- 368-391 Coordinating development: Can income-based incentive schemes eliminate Pareto inferior equilibria?
by Bond, Philip & Pande, Rohini
- 392-410 A numerical simulation analysis of (Hukou) labour mobility restrictions in China
by Whalley, John & Zhang, Shunming
- 411-445 Moral hazard and Marshallian inefficiency: Evidence from Tunisia
by Arcand, Jean-Louis & Ai, Chunrong & Ethier, Francois
- 446-465 Remittances and savings from international migration: Theory and evidence using a matched sample
by Osili, Una Okonkwo
- 466-490 A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel
- 491-505 Semiparametric Bayesian inference of the Kuznets hypothesis
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Lin, Shu-Chin
- 506-529 Democracy, visibility and public good provision
by Mani, Anandi & Mukand, Sharun
- 530-548 An efficiency and welfare classification of rationing by waiting in the presence of bribery
by Kulshreshtha, Praveen
- 549-561 Quality-enhancing trade liberalization
by Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok
- 562-587 Does financial liberalization improve the allocation of investment?: Micro-evidence from developing countries
by Galindo, Arturo & Schiantarelli, Fabio & Weiss, Andrew
2007, Volume 83, Issue 1
- 1-36 Money for nothing: The dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India
by Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey
- 37-62 Social learning, neighborhood effects, and investment in human capital: Evidence from Green-Revolution India
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
- 63-75 Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence
by Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob
- 76-87 International migration and "educated unemployment"
by Fan, C. Simon & Stark, Oded
- 88-108 Land and the transition from a dual to a modern economy
by Proto, Eugenio
- 109-140 Equity and policy effectiveness with imperfect targeting
by Bibi, Sami & Duclos, Jean-Yves
- 141-156 Tariff bindings and bilateral cooperation on export cartels
by Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal
- 157-175 Historical legacies: A model linking Africa's past to its current underdevelopment
by Nunn, Nathan
- 176-197 Donor fragmentation and bureaucratic quality in aid recipients
by Knack, Stephen & Rahman, Aminur
- 198-213 Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting: How much does disaggregation help?
by Elbers, Chris & Fujii, Tomoki & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley
- 214-239 Inequality and outside options in common-property resource use
by Tarui, Nori
- 240-251 Purchasing power parity and country characteristics: Evidence from panel data tests
by Alba, Joseph D. & Papell, David H.
2007, Volume 82, Issue 2
- 267-286 Conflict diamonds
by Olsson, Ola
- 287-314 The political economy of public goods: Some evidence from India
by Banerjee, Abhijit & Somanathan, Rohini
- 315-347 Poverty traps, aid, and growth
by Kraay, Aart & Raddatz, Claudio
- 348-373 Improving credibility by delegating judicial competence--the case of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council
by Voigt, Stefan & Ebeling, Michael & Blume, Lorenz
- 374-392 How transition paths differ: Enterprise performance in Russia and China
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Estrin, Saul
- 393-415 Intellectual property rights and quality improvement
by Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Wu, Xiaodong
- 416-447 Property rights and the political organization of agriculture
by Conning, Jonathan H. & Robinson, James A.
- 448-463 Coffee production effects on child labor and schooling in rural Brazil
by Kruger, Diana I.
- 464-484 Does delegation of fiscal policy to an independent agency make a difference? Evidence from intergovernmental transfers in India
by Khemani, Stuti
- 485-508 On the trade impact of nominal exchange rate volatility
by Tenreyro, Silvana