Citations for "Micro Estimates of Public Spending Demand Functions and Tests of the Tiebout and Median-Voter Hypotheses"
by Gramlich, Edward M & Rubinfeld, Daniel L
- Tugrul Gurgur, 2016. "Voice, exit and local capture in public provision of private goods," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 397-424, November.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom & Judith Roberts & Daniel L. Rubinfeld & Perry Shapiro, 1986. "The Efficiency of the Supply of Public Education," NBER Working Papers 1901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1988.
"Migration selectivity and the effects of public programs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 265-289, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1984. "Migration Selectivity and the Effects of Public Programs," Bulletins 8442, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Blankenau, William & Skidmore, Mark, 2002. "The Relationship Between Education Finance Reform and Tax and Expenditure Limitations," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 32(1).
- Reiner Eichenberger & Felix Oberholzer-Gee, 1998.
"Rational moralists: The role of fairness in democratic economic politics,"
Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 191-210, January.
- Eichenberger, Reiner & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 1998. "Rational Moralists: The Role of Fairness in Democratic Economic Politics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1-2), pages 191-210, January.
- Paulo Arvate & Vladimir Ponczek, 2008. "Municipality secession, voter’s preference and persistence of power," Working Papers 08_07, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Ehrenberg, Randy A. & Smith, Christopher L. & Zhang, Liang, 2004.
"Why Do School District Budget Referenda Fail?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1053, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jo Thori Lind, 2010.
"Do the Rich Vote Conservative Because They Are Rich?,"
Review of Economics and Institutions,
Università di Perugia, vol. 1(2), pages -.
- Lind, Jo Thori, 2006. "Do the rich vote Conservative because they are rich?," Memorandum 02/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Arze del Granado, F. Javier & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & McNab, Robert M., 2012. "Decentralized Governance and Preferences for Public Goods," MPRA Paper 42459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- H. Allen Klaiber & V. Kerry Smith, 2010. "Valuing Incremental Highway Capacity in a Network," NBER Working Papers 15989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahlin, Åsa & Johansson, Eva, 2001.
"Individual demand for local public schooling: Evidence from Swedish survey data,"
Working Paper Series
2001:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Åsa Ahlin & Eva Johansson, 2001. "Individual Demand for Local Public Schooling: Evidence from Swedish Survey Data," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 331-351, August.
- Yihua Yu & Jing Wang & Xi Tian, 2016.
"Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China's Counties,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 93-110, 03.
- Yu, Yihua & Wang, Jing & Tian, Xi, 2013. "Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China’s Counties," MPRA Paper 61616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2006.
"Who's Afraid of Foreign Aid? The Donors' Perspective,"
Research Department Publications
4452, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2006. "Who’s Afraid of Foreign Aid? The Donors’ Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 1833, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mark Gradstein & Alberto E. Chong, 2006. "Who's Afraid of Foreign Aid?: The Donors' Perspective," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6706, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Revelli, Federico, 2003.
"Reaction or interaction? Spatial process identification in multi-tiered government structures,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Revelli Federico, 2002. "Reaction or interaction? Spatial process identification in multi-tiered government structures," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200202, University of Turin.
- Ted Bergstrom & Judy Roberts & Dan Rubinfeld & Perry Shapiro, 1988. "A Test for Efficiency in the Supply of Local Public Education," Papers _036, University of Michigan, Department of Economics.
- N. Vasudeva Murthy, 1987. "Bureaucracy and the divisibility of local public output: Further econometric evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 265-272, October.
- David M. Cutler & Douglas W. Elmendorf & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1993.
"Demographic Characteristics and the Public Bundle,"
NBER Working Papers
4283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Zax, 1989. "Initiatives and government expenditures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 267-277, December.
- Gross, John, 1995. "Heterogeneity of preferences for local public goods: The case of private expenditure on public education," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 103-127, May.
- Richard T. Carson & Nicholas E. Flores & Kerry M. Martin & Jennifer L. Wright, 1996.
"Contingent Valuation and Revealed Preference Methodologies: Comparing the Estimates for Quasi-Public Goods,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(1), pages 80-99.
- Carson, Richard T. & Flores, Nicholas E. & Martin, Kerry M. & Wright, Jennifer L., 1995. "Contingent Valuation and Revealed Preference Methodologies: Comparing the Estimates for Quasi-Public Goods," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148793, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Ross, Stephen L., 2010. "Is the median voter decisive? Evidence from referenda voting patterns," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 898-910, December.
- Case, A.C. & Hines, J.R.J. & Rosen, H.S., 1989.
"Copycatting: Fiscal Policies Of States And Their Neighbors,"
37, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Anne C. Case & James R. Hines, Jr. & Harvey S. Rosen, 1989. "Copycatting: Fiscal Policies of States and Their Neighbors," NBER Working Papers 3032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrés Sagner, 2009. "Determinantes del Precio de Viviendas en Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 549, Central Bank of Chile.
- Jeffrey S. Zax, 1985. "Municipal Employment, Municipal Unions, and Demand for Municipal Services," NBER Working Papers 1728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fisher, Ronald C. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1998. "Economic Influences on the Structure of Local Government in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 444-471, May.
- Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Elnagheeb, Abdelmoneim H., 1992.
"The Structure of Citizen Preferences for Government Soil Erosion Control Programs,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 73-82, December.
- Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Elnagheeb, Abdelmoneim H., 1992. "The Structure Of Citizen Preferences For Government Soil Erosion Control Programs," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Atsushi Yoshida & Tatsuhiro Shichijo, 2004. "Spatial Clustering of Housing Construction in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area: An Application of Spatially Clustered Fixed-Effects and Spatially Correlated Random-Effects Models," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 266, Econometric Society.
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Mattos, Enlinson & Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro, 2010.
"Municipalities secession and uncertainty on public goods provision,"
Textos para discussão
225, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Vladimir Ponczek & Enlinson Mattos & Paulo Arvate, 2015. "Municipalities Secession and uncertainty on public goods provision," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 198-203.
- Hans Groot & Evert Pommer, 1987. "Budgetgames and the private and social demand for mixed public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 257-272, January.
- Kenneth Greene, 1986. "The public choice of differing degrees of tax progressivity," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 265-282, January.
- Katherine Baicker, 2000. "The Spillover Effects of State Spending," JCPR Working Papers 155, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Himayatullah Khan, 2009. "Willingness to pay and demand elasticities for two national parks: empirical evidence from two surveys in Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 293-305, April.
- Claudio Agostini & Gastón Palmucci, 2006. "Anticipated Capitalization of the Santiago Metro System on Housing Prices," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv176, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Seija Parviainen, 1998. "Redistribution and Risk Sharing in EMU," Discussion Papers 159, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Jones, Philip & Dawson, Peter, 2007. "`Choice' in collective decision-making processes: Instrumental or expressive approval?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 102-117, February.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2006. "¿Quién tiene miedo de la ayuda extranjera? La perspectiva del donante," Research Department Publications 4453, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark, 2008. "What determines foreign aid? The donors' perspective," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Claudio A. Agostini & Gastón Palmucci, 2008.
"Capitalización Heterogénea de un Bien Semipúblico: El Metro de Santiago,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 45(131), pages 105-128.
- Claudio Agostini & Gastón Palmucci, 2006. "Capitalización Heterogénea de un Bien Semipúblico: El Metro de Santiago," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv175, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa & Shumpei Yaoita & Akira Yokoyama, 2016. "Services for Child Care Support as Social Infrastructure: Impact on Birthrate and Migration of Children and Review of Best Practices," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Gemmell, Norman & Morrissey, Oliver & Pinar, Abuzer, 2003. "Tax perceptions and the demand for public expenditure: evidence from UK micro-data," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 793-816, November.
- Rudolf KERSCHBAMER & Clemens PUPPE, 1997.
"Voluntary Contributions when the Public Good is not Necessarily Normal,"
Vienna Economics Papers
vie9702, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Rudolf Kerschbamer & Clemens Puppe, 1998. "Voluntary contributions when the public good is not necessarily normal," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 68(2), pages 175-192, June.
- Katherine Baicker, 2001. "The Spillover Effects of State Spending," NBER Working Papers 8383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stina Hökby & Tore Söderqvist, 2003. "Elasticities of Demand and Willingness to Pay for Environmental Services in Sweden," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(3), pages 361-383, November.
- Rodolfo Gonzalez & Stephen Mehay, 1985. "Bureaucracy and the divisibility of local public output," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 89-101, January.
- Dick Netzer, 1985. "The effect of tax simplification on state and local governments," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 29, pages 222-258.
- Annie Tubadji & Vassilis Angelis & Peter Nijkamp, 2016. "Endogenous intangible resources and their place in the institutional hierarchy," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 36(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer & Walsh, Randy, 2006. "Do People Vote with Their Feet? An Empirical Test of Environmental Gentrification," Discussion Papers dp-06-10, Resources For the Future.
- Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M., 1997. "Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 763-784, November.
- Sunding, David L. & Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2004. "Local Public Goods And Ethnic Diversity: Evidence From The Immigration Reform And Control Act," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20356, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Baicker, Katherine, 2001. "Government decision-making and the incidence of federal mandates," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 147-194, November.
- Rockoff, Jonah E., 2010. "Local response to fiscal incentives in heterogeneous communities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 138-147, September.
- Daniel E. Ingberman & Robert P. Inman, 1987. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 2405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1997. "Household Location and Tiebout: Do Families Sort According to Preferences for Locational Amenities?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 159-178, September.
- Paul N. Courant & Susanna Loeb, 1997. "Centralization of school finance in Michigan," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 114-136.
- Robert P. Inman & Daniel L. Rubinfeld, 1997. "Rethinking Federalism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 43-64, Fall.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2009. "Is the Median Voter Decisive? Evidence of 'Ends Against the Middle' From Referenda Voting Patterns," Working papers 2009-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.