The Quality of Managers in Centralized Versus Decentralized Organizations
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michaela Bär & Alexander Kempf & Stefan Ruenzi, 2010.
"Is a Team Different from the Sum of its Parts? Evidence from Mutual Fund Managers,"
Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 359-396.
- Bär, Michaela & Kempf, Alexander & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2005. "Is a team different from the sum of its parts? Evidence from mutual fund managers," CFR Working Papers 05-10, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Pelikan, Pavel, 1997. "Allocation of Economic Competence in Teams: A Comparative Institutional Analysis," Working Paper Series 480, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Zona, Fabio, 2016. "Agency models in different stages of CEO tenure: The effects of stock options and board independence on R&D investment," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 560-575.
- Pelikan, Pavel, 1999. "Institutions for the Selection of Entrepreneurs: Implications for Economic Growth and Financial Crises," Working Paper Series 510, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 15 Feb 2000.
- Cheng, Shijun, 2008. "Board size and the variability of corporate performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 157-176, January.
- Mohammad-Hossein Setayesh & Gholamreza Rezaei & Mostafa Kazemnezhad, 2016. "Corporate Governance, Investment in Research and Development and Company Performance: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach Based on Data from a Developing Country," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1114-1122.
- Showkat Ahmad Busru & G. Shanmugasundaram & Shariq Ahmad Bhat, 2020. "Corporate Governance an Imperative for Stakeholders Protection: Evidence from Risk Management of Indian Listed Firms," Business Perspectives and Research, , vol. 8(2), pages 89-116, July.
- repec:hit:hcfrwp:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Industrial structure and economic stability," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 549-555.
- Chia-Jane Wang, 2012. "Board size and firm risk-taking," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 519-542, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2014.
"Executive board composition and bank risk taking,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 48-65.
- Berger, Allen N. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2012. "Executive board composition and bank risk taking," Discussion Papers 03/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Allen N. Berger & Thomas Kick & Klaus Schaeck, 2012. "Executive Board Composition and Bank Risk Taking," Working Papers 12004, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Arun Upadhyay, 2014. "Social Concentration on Boards, Corporate Information Environment and Cost of Capital," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7-8), pages 974-1001, September.
- Lucian A. Bebchuk & Martijn Cremers & Urs Peyer, 2007. "CEO Centrality," NBER Working Papers 13701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Groenewold, Nicolaas & Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2008. "The link between institutions, technical change and macroeconomic volatility," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1520-1549, December.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012.
"The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 233-248.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012. "The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms," MPRA Paper 38991, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Robert N. Collender, 2009. "Federal Credit Programs and Local Economic Performance," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 23(1), pages 28-43, February.
- Galkiewicz, Dominika Paula, 2014. "Manager Characteristics and Credit Derivative Use by U.S. Corporate Bond Funds," Discussion Papers in Economics 24445, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ron Bird & Peng Huang & Yue Lu, 2018. "Board independence and the variability of firm performance: Evidence from an exogenous regulatory shock," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 43(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Matthaei, Eva Kristina & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2020. "A problem shared is a problem halved? Risky tax avoidance decisions and intra-group payoff conflict," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 258, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Hardjo Koerniadi & Chandrasekhar Krishnamurti & Alireza Tourani-Rad, 2014. "Corporate governance and risk-taking in New Zealand," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(2), pages 227-245, May.
- Joseph E. Harrington & Jr., 1999. "Rigidity of Social Systems," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(1), pages 40-64, February.
- Galkiewicz, Dominika Paula, 2014. "Manager Characteristics and Credit Derivative Use by U.S. Corporate Bond Funds," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 495, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Bernile, Gennaro & Bhagwat, Vineet & Yonker, Scott, 2018. "Board diversity, firm risk, and corporate policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(3), pages 588-612.
- Erkki Laitinen, 2014. "The association between CEO work, management accounting information, and financial performance: evidence from Finnish top managers," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 25(3), pages 221-257, December.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2016. "Democracy and policy stability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 499-517.
- Nakano, Makoto & Nguyen, Pascal, 2012. "Board size and corporate risk-taking: Further evidence from Japan," MPRA Paper 38990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Boqun & Yang, Dennis Tao, 2021. "Volatility and Economic Systems: Evidence from A Large Transitional Economy," MPRA Paper 106624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hooy, Chee-Wooi & Ali, Ruhani, 2017. "Does a Muslim CEO matter in Shariah-compliant companies? Evidence from Malaysia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 126-141.
- Farzan Yahya & Ghulam Abbas & Ammar Ahmed & Muhammad Sadiq Hashmi, 2020. "Restrictive and Supportive Mechanisms for Female Directorsâ€™ Risk-Averse Behavior: Evidence From South Asian Health Care Industry," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(4), pages 21582440209, October.
- Rajkovic, Tijana, 2020. "Lead independent directors and investment efficiency," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Huang, Ying Sophie & Wang, Chia-Jane, 2015. "Corporate governance and risk-taking of Chinese firms: The role of board size," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 96-113.
- Juan Ma & Tarun Khanna, 2013. "Independent Directors’ Dissent on Boards: Evidence from Listed Companies in China," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-089, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2013.
- Nguyen, Pascal & Rahman, Nahid & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2013. "Ownership structure and divestiture decisions: Evidence from Australian firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 170-181.
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Corporate Strategies For Managing Environmental Risk (The International Library Of Environmental Economics And Policy – Volume xx)," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-43, CIRANO.
- Baghdadi, Ghasan A. & Nguyen, Lily H.G. & Podolski, Edward J., 2020. "Board co-option and default risk," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Liu, Yixin & Jiraporn, Pornsit, 2010. "The effect of CEO power on bond ratings and yields," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 744-762, September.
- Akbar, Saeed & Kharabsheh, Buthiena & Poletti-Hughes, Jannine & Shah, Syed Zulfiqar Ali, 2017. "Board structure and corporate risk taking in the UK financial sector," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 101-110.
- Maria Giuseppina Bruna & Rey Dang & Marie-José Scotto & Aymen Ammari, 2019. "Does board gender diversity affect firm risk-taking? Evidence from the French stock market," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 23(4), pages 915-938, December.
- Limbach, Peter & Schmid, Markus & Scholz, Meik, 2015. "Do CEOs Matter? Corporate Performance and the CEO Life Cycle," Working Papers on Finance 1511, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Apr 2016.
- XU Peng, 2015. "Risk-taking and Firm Growth," Discussion papers 15061, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- patel, saurin & sarkissian, sergei, 2012. "To Group or Not to Group? Evidence from Mutual Funds," MPRA Paper 38496, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Xu, Bingrun, 2016. "Managerial attributes and equity mutual fund performance: evidence from china," MPRA Paper 76139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guo, Di & Guo, Yan & Jiang, Kun, 2016. "Government-subsidized R&D and firm innovation: Evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1129-1144.
- Dominika Paula Gałkiewicz, 2015. "Manager Characteristics and Credit Derivative Use by U.S. Corporate Bond Funds," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-018, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Sinclair-Desgagné, Bernard, 1994. "La mise en vigueur des politiques environnementales et l’organisation de la firme," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 70(2), pages 211-224, juin.
- DasGupta, Ranjan & Dhochak, Monika, 2021. "Risk-Antecedents of Firms and Strategic Mediators – New Evidence from a Cross-Country Analysis," American Business Review, Pompea College of Business, University of New Haven, vol. 24(1), pages 3-35, May.
- Fabio Monteforte & Jonathan R. W. Temple, 2020. "The autocratic gamble: evidence from robust variance tests," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 363-384, December.
- Myong-Hun Chang & Joseph E. Harrington, 1998. "Organizational Structure and Firm Innovation in a Retail Chain," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 267-288, December.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2015.
"New Small Firms and Dimensions of Economic Performance,"
Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 29(1), pages 65-78, February.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2008. "New Small Firms And Dimensions Of Economic Performance," CAMA Working Papers 2008-24, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Shaffer, Sherrill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "New small firms and dimensions of economic performance," Research Discussion Papers 4/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Datta, Deepak K. & Basuil, Dynah A. & Agarwal, Ankita, 2020. "Effects of board characteristics on post-acquisition performance: A study of cross-border acquisitions by firms in the manufacturing sector," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3).
- Guo, Di & Guo, Yan & Jiang, Kun, 2018. "Governance and effects of public R&D subsidies: Evidence from China," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 74, pages 18-31.
- Tran, Hai & Turkiela, Jason, 2020. "The powers that be: Concentration of authority within the board of directors and variability in firm performance☆," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Maria Boutchkova & Angelica Gonzalez & Brian G.M. Main & Vathunyoo Sila, 2021. "Gender diversity and the spillover effects of women on boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 2-21, January.
- Chen, Yu & Wang, Yuandi & Hu, Die & Zhou, Zhao, 2020. "Government R&D subsidies, information asymmetry, and the role of foreign investors: Evidence from a quasi-natural experiment on the shanghai-hong kong stock connect," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Chen, Jean Jinghan & Xie, Li & Zhou, Si, 2020. "Managerial multi-tasking, Team diversity, and mutual fund performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Antonio Mínguez & Juan Francisco Martín Ugedo, 2005. "La Influencia Del Poder De La Direccion En El Riesgo Y En El Valor De La Empresa: Evidencia Para El Mercado Español," Working Papers. Serie EC 2005-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sila, Vathunyoo & Gonzalez, Angelica & Hagendorff, Jens, 2016. "Women on board: Does boardroom gender diversity affect firm risk?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 26-53.