Citations for "Bringing individuals back in: the effects of career experience on new firm founding"
by Scott Shane & Rakesh Khurana
- Michael Fritsch & Stefan Krabel, 2009.
"Ready to Leave the Ivory Tower? - Academic Scientists' Appeal to Work in the Private Sector,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-063, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Stefan Krabel, 2012. "Ready to leave the ivory tower?: Academic scientists’ appeal to work in the private sector," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 271-296, June.
- Ding, Waverly W. & Murray, Fiona & Stuart, Toby E., 2009. "Commercial Science: A New Arena for Gender Differences in Scientific Careers?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt0m0877rr, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Stefan Krabel & Donald Siegel & Viktor Slavtchev, 2012.
"The internationalization of science and its influence on academic entrepreneurship,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 192-212, April.
- Stefan Krabel & Donald S. Siegel & Viktor Slavtchev, 2009. "The Internationalization of Science and its Influence on Academic Entrepreneurship," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Donald Siegel & Stefan Krabel & Viktor Slavtchev, 2009. "The Internationalization of Science and its Influence on Academic Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 3, Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS).
- Mikaela Backman, 2013. "Who says life is over after 55?- New firm formation and an ageing population," ERSA conference papers ersa13p58, European Regional Science Association.
- Roy Thurik & F. Stam & Peter van der Zwan, 2007.
"Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets,"
Scales Research Reports
H200720, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Hoisl, Karin, 2006.
"Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Inventors (But Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey,"
Discussion Papers in Business Administration
1261, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Paola Giuri & Myriam Mariani & Stefano Brusoni & Gustavo Crespi & Dominique Francoz & Alfonso Gambardella & Walter Garcia-Fontes & Aldo Geuna & Raul Gonzales & Dietmar Harhoff & Karin Hoisl & Christia, 2005. "Everything you Always Wanted to Know about Inventors (but Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey," LEM Papers Series 2005/20, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Brusoni, Stefano & Crespi, Gustavo & Francoz, Dominique & Gambardella, Alfonso & Garcia-Fontes, Walter & Geuna, Aldo & Giuri, Paola & Gonzales, Raul & Harhoff, Dietmar & Hoisl, Karin & LeBas, Christia, 2006. "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Inventors (But Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 5752, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hsu, David H. & Roberts, Edward B. & Eesley, Charles E., 2007. "Entrepreneurs from technology-based universities: Evidence from MIT," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 768-788, June.
- Cassar, Gavin & Craig, Justin, 2009. "An investigation of hindsight bias in nascent venture activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 149-164, March.
- Cassar, Gavin, 2014. "Industry and startup experience on entrepreneur forecast performance in new firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 137-151.
- Mas-Tur, Alicia & Simón Moya, Virginia, 2015. "Young innovative companies (YICs) and entrepreneurship policy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1432-1435.
- Réjean Landry & Nabil Amara & Malek Saïhi, 2007. "Patenting and spin-off creation by Canadian researchers in engineering and life sciences," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 217-249, June.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2013. "Who says life is over after 55? Entrepreneurship and an aging population," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 325, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Exit in Real and Imagined Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-031/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 07 Dec 2009.
- Ding, Waverly & Choi, Emily, 2011. "Divergent paths to commercial science: A comparison of scientists' founding and advising activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 69-80, February.
- Ding, Waverly & Choi, Emily, 2008. "Divergent Paths or Stepping Stones: A Comparison of Scientistsâ€™ Advising and Founding Activities," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4907j25p, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Ding, Waverly, 2010. "The Impact of Founder Professional Education Background on the Adoption of Open Science by For-Profit Biotechnology Firms," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt9728v4sv, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Jain, Sanjay & George, Gerard & Maltarich, Mark, 2009. "Academics or entrepreneurs? Investigating role identity modification of university scientists involved in commercialization activity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 922-935, July.
- Scott Shane & Sharon Dolmans & Joseph Jankowski & Isabelle Reymen & A. Romme, 2015. "Academic entrepreneurship: Which inventors do technology licensing officers prefer for spinoffs?," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 273-292, April.
- Aurora A.C. Teixeira & Marlene Grande, 2013. "Determinants of the economic performance of Portuguese Academic Spin-offs: do Science & Technology infrastructures and support matter?," FEP Working Papers 502, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Salisu Isyaku, 2014. "Mediating Effect of Uncertainty Avoidance on the Relationship between Entrepreneurial Talent and SMEs Performance in Nigeria: A Conceptual Analysis," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(6), pages 368-383, June.
- Pierre Azoulay & Waverly Ding & Toby Stuart, 2006. "The Impact of Academic Patenting on the Rate, Quality, and Direction of (Public) Research Output," NBER Working Papers 11917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoang, Ha & Gimeno, Javier, 2010. "Becoming a founder: How founder role identity affects entrepreneurial transitions and persistence in founding," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Toft-Kehler, Rasmus & Wennberg, Karl & Kim, Phillip H., 2014. "Practice makes perfect: Entrepreneurial-experience curves and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 453-470.
- Abreu, Maria & Grinevich, Vadim, 2013. "The nature of academic entrepreneurship in the UK: Widening the focus on entrepreneurial activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 408-422.
- Andrew A. Toole & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2009.
"Exploring the Relationship Between Scientist Human Capital and Firm Performance: The Case of Biomedical Academic Entrepreneurs in the SBIR Program,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(1), pages 101-114, January.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Toole, Andrew A., 2007. "Exploring the relationship between scientist human capital and firm performance: The case of biomedical academic entrepreneurs in the SBIR program," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-011, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Aspirations," Discussion Papers 890, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Per Davidsson & Johan Wiklund, 2009. "Scott A. Shane: winner of the Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 131-140, August.
- Antonio Dottore & Suleiman Kassicieh, 2014. "University Patent Holders as Entrepreneurs: Factors that Influence Spinout Activity," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 863-891, December.
- Krabel, Stefan & Mueller, Pamela, 2009. "What drives scientists to start their own company?: An empirical investigation of Max Planck Society scientists," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 947-956, July.
- Landry, Rejean & Amara, Nabil & Rherrad, Imad, 2006. "Why are some university researchers more likely to create spin-offs than others? Evidence from Canadian universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1599-1615, December.