Citations for "Executive Compensation: Six Questions that Need Answering"
by John M. Abowd & David S. Kaplan
- Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Lemmon, Michael & Luo, Mi & Schallheim, James, 2005. "An empirical examination of the costs and benefits of executive stock options: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 435-461, November.
- Enrique Yacuzzi, 2005. "A primer on governance and performance in small and medium-sized enterprises," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 293, Universidad del CEMA.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Roell, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Jiang, Ping & LIMPAPHAYOM, Piman & Lu, Tong, 2008. "Does corporate governance matter in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 460-479, September.
- Frydman, Carola & Jenter, Dirk, 2010.
2069, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2007.
"Serial CEO Incentives and the Structure of Managerial Contracts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2011. "Serial CEO incentives and the structure of managerial contracts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 633-662, October.
- Chiaki Moriguchi & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The Evolution of Income Concentration in Japan, 1886-2002: Evidence from Income Tax Statistics," NBER Working Papers 12558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2003. "Effort and Selection Effects of Incentive Contracts," Discussion Paper 2003-130, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- François Larmande & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2004. "EVA and the Controllability-congruence Trade-off: An Empirical Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1257, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barron, John M. & Waddell, Glen R., 2008. "Work hard, not smart: Stock options in executive compensation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 767-790, June.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Stephen P. Utkus, 2002. "The Role of Company Stock in Defined Contribution Plans," NBER Working Papers 9250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian J. Hall & Kevin J. Murphy, 2000.
"Stock Options for Undiversified Executives,"
NBER Working Papers
8052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascal Petit, 2006. "D'un capitalisme managérial... à l'autre," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 23(1), pages 49-69.
- Matthias Benz & Alois Stutzer, . "Was erklärt die steigenden Managerlöhne? Ein Diskussionsbeitrag," IEW - Working Papers 081, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Denis, David J. & Xu, Jin, 2013. "Insider trading restrictions and top executive compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 91-112.
- Kraus, Alan & Rubin, Amir, 2010. "Reducing managers' incentives to cannibalize: Managerial stock options when shareholders are diversified," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 439-460, October.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian, 2005. "Offering stock options to gauge managerial talent," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 189-210, December.
- Henryk Gurgul & Robert Syrek, 2010. "Polish stock market and some foreign markets - dependence analysis by regime-switching copulas," Managerial Economics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 8, pages 21-39.
- Marco Celentani & Rosa Loveira-Pazó, 2004. "What form of relative performance evaluation?," Economics Working Papers 744, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Conyon, Martin J. & Sadler, Graham V., 2001. "CEO compensation, option incentives, and information disclosure," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 251-277.
- Catherine Casamatta & Alexander Guembel, 2010.
"Managerial Legacies, Entrenchment, and Strategic Inertia,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(6), pages 2403-2436, December.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Guembel, Alexander, 2007. "Managerial Legacies, Entrenchment and Strategic Inertia," IDEI Working Papers 442, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Robert Grams, . "Behavioral and Performance Consequences of U.S. Executive Equity Compensation and Ownership," Working Papers 0803, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Gerwin Laan & Hans Ees & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2010. "Is pay related to performance in The Netherlands? An analysis of Dutch executive compensation, 2002–2006," De Economist, Springer, vol. 158(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Brian J. Hall & Thomas A. Knox, 2002. "Managing Option Fragility," NBER Working Papers 9059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albuquerque, Ana, 2009. "Peer firms in relative performance evaluation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 69-89, October.
- Cornell, Bradford, 2002. "Compensation and Recruiting: Private Universities versus Private Corporations," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6z76z49q, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Gorton, Gary B. & He, Ping & Huang, Lixin, 2014. "Agency-based asset pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 311-349.
- Hu, Fang & Pan, Xiaofei & Tian, Gary, 2013. "Does CEO pay dispersion matter in an emerging market? Evidence from China's listed firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 235-255.
- François Larmande & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2007. "The lack of controllability of EVA explains its decline a field study," Working Papers hal-00243065, HAL.
- Matthias Benz & Marcel Kucher & Alois Stutzer, . "Are Stock Options the Managers' Blessing? Stock Option Compensation and Institutional Controls," IEW - Working Papers 061, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- George-Levi Gayle & Robert A. Miller, 2009.
"Has Moral Hazard Become a More Important Factor in Managerial Compensation?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1740-69, December.
- George-Levi Gayle & Robert A. Miller, 2005. "Has Moral Hazard Become a More Important Factor in Managerial Compensation?," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E58, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Andreas Kuhn, 2010. "The Public Perception and Normative Valuation of Executive Compensation: An International Comparison," NRN working papers 2010-13, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Kampkötter, Patrick & Sliwka, Dirk, 2011. "Differentiation and Performance: An Empirical Investigation on the Incentive Effects of Bonus Plans," IZA Discussion Papers 6070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Christoffersen & Andrey Pavlov, 2003. "Company Flexibility, the Value of Management and Managerial Compensation," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-06, CIRANO.
- Patrick Kampkoetter, 2012. "Determinants of Compensation in the Financial Services Industry," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 03-12, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.