Citations for "Executive Compensation: Six Questions that Need Answering"
by John M. Abowd & David S. Kaplan
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010.
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-102, December.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3277, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frydman, Carola & Jenter, Dirk, 2010. "CEO Compensation," Research Papers 2069, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," NBER Working Papers 16585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kampkötter, Patrick & Sliwka, Dirk, 2011. "Differentiation and Performance: An Empirical Investigation on the Incentive Effects of Bonus Plans," IZA Discussion Papers 6070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gary Gorton & Ping He, 2006.
"Agency-Based Asset Pricing,"
NBER Working Papers
12084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Brian J. & Murphy, Kevin J., 2002.
"Stock options for undiversified executives,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-42, February.
- Becht, Marco & Bolton, Patrick & Roell, Ailsa, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,
in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-109
- Patrick Bolton & Marco Becht & Alisa Röell, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Control," NBER Working Papers 9371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Roell, 2003. "Corporate governance and control," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kraus, Alan & Rubin, Amir, 2010. "Reducing managers' incentives to cannibalize: Managerial stock options when shareholders are diversified," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 439-460, October.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Syrek, Robert, 2010.
"Polish stock market and some foreign markets – dependence analysis by regime-switching copulas,"
68576, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Henryk Gurgul & Robert Syrek, 2010. "Polish stock market and some foreign markets - dependence analysis by regime-switching copulas," Managerial Economics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 8, pages 21-39.
- Hong Bo & Ciaran Driver, 2012. "Agency Theory, Corporate Governance and Finance," Chapters, in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andreas Kuhn, 2010. "The Public Perception and Normative Valuation of Executive Compensation: An International Comparison," NRN working papers 2010-13, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Mani, Sureshbabu & Ye, Pengfei, 2016.
"Relative peer quality and firm performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 196-219.
- George-Levi Gayle & Robert A. Miller, 2009.
"Has Moral Hazard Become a More Important Factor in Managerial Compensation?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1740-1769, December.
- George-Levi Gayle & Robert A. Miller, 2005. "Has Moral Hazard Become a More Important Factor in Managerial Compensation?," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E58, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Stephen P. Utkus, 2002. "The Role of Company Stock in Defined Contribution Plans," NBER Working Papers 9250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerwin Laan & Hans Ees & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2010. "Is pay related to performance in The Netherlands? An analysis of Dutch executive compensation, 2002–2006," De Economist, Springer, vol. 158(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Cornell, Bradford, 2002. "Compensation and Recruiting: Private Universities versus Private Corporations," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6z76z49q, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2007.
"Serial CEO Incentives and the Structure of Managerial Contracts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2011. "Serial CEO incentives and the structure of managerial contracts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 633-662, October.
- Patrick Kampkoetter, 2012. "Determinants of Compensation in the Financial Services Industry," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 03-12, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Barron, John M. & Waddell, Glen R., 2008. "Work hard, not smart: Stock options in executive compensation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 767-790, June.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2003. "Effort and Selection Effects of Incentive Contracts," Discussion Paper 2003-130, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Albuquerque, Ana, 2009. "Peer firms in relative performance evaluation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 69-89, October.
- Maug, Ernst & Dittmann, Ingolf, 2007.
"Lower salaries and no options : the optimal structure of executive pay
[Lower salaries and no options? On the optimal structure of executive pay]," Papers 07-41, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Pascal Petit, 2006. "D'un capitalisme managérial... à l'autre," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 23(1), pages 49-69.
- Kampkötter, Patrick & Sliwka, Dirk, 2014. "Wage premia for newly hired employees," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 45-60.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Jiang, Ping & LIMPAPHAYOM, Piman & Lu, Tong, 2008. "Does corporate governance matter in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 460-479, September.
- François Larmande & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2004. "EVA and the Controllability-congruence Trade-off: An Empirical Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1257, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Celentani & Rosa Loveira-Pazó, 2004. "What form of relative performance evaluation?," Economics Working Papers 744, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian, 2005. "Offering stock options to gauge managerial talent," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 189-210, December.
- Chiaki Moriguchi, 2008.
"Top Wage Incomes in Japan, 1951-2005,"
NBER Working Papers
14537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moriguchi, Chiaki, 2010. "Top wage incomes in Japan, 1951-2005," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 301-333, September.
- Kelly Shue & Richard Townsend, 2016. "Growth through Rigidity: An Explanation for the Rise in CEO Pay," NBER Working Papers 21975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- François Larmande & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2007. "The lack of controllability of EVA explains its decline a field study," Working Papers hal-00243065, HAL.
- Matthias Benz & Alois Stutzer, "undated". "Was erklï¿½rt die steigenden Managerlï¿½hne? Ein Diskussionsbeitrag," IEW - Working Papers 081, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Enrique Yacuzzi, 2005. "A primer on governance and performance in small and medium-sized enterprises," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 293, Universidad del CEMA.
- Conyon, Martin J. & Sadler, Graham V., 2001. "CEO compensation, option incentives, and information disclosure," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 251-277.
- Hu, Fang & Pan, Xiaofei & Tian, Gary, 2013. "Does CEO pay dispersion matter in an emerging market? Evidence from China's listed firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 235-255.
- Aldrighi, Dante Mendes, 2003. "The Mechanisms of Corporate Governance in the United States: an Assessment," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 57(3), July.
- Waldenberger Franz, 2013. "“Company heroes” versus “superstars”: executive pay in Japan in comparative perspective," Contemporary Japan, De Gruyter, vol. 25(2), pages 189-213, August.
- Denis, David J. & Xu, Jin, 2013. "Insider trading restrictions and top executive compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 91-112.
- Peter Christoffersen & Andrey Pavlov, 2003. "Company Flexibility, the Value of Management and Managerial Compensation," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-06, CIRANO.
- Chiaki Moriguchi & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The Evolution of Income Concentration in Japan, 1886-2002: Evidence from Income Tax Statistics," NBER Working Papers 12558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiandong Chen & Douglas Cumming & Wenxuan Hou & Edward Lee, 2016. "CEO Accountability for Corporate Fraud: Evidence from the Split Share Structure Reform in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 787-806, November.
- Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Lemmon, Michael & Luo, Mi & Schallheim, James, 2005. "An empirical examination of the costs and benefits of executive stock options: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 435-461, November.
- Matthias Benz & Marcel Kucher & Alois Stutzer, "undated". "Are Stock Options the Managers' Blessing? Stock Option Compensation and Institutional Controls," IEW - Working Papers 061, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Taye Mengistae & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004. "Agency Theory and Executive Compensation: The Case of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 615-638, July.
- Robert Grams, "undated". "Behavioral and Performance Consequences of U.S. Executive Equity Compensation and Ownership," Working Papers 0803, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Brian J. Hall & Thomas A. Knox, 2002. "Managing Option Fragility," NBER Working Papers 9059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.