Citations for "The co-evolution of the real and financial sectors in the growth process"
by John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith
- Hatra Voghouei & M. Azail & Siong Law, 2013. "The effect of dynamic legal tradition on financial development: panel data evidence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 109-136, February.
- Coval, Joshua D. & Thakor, Anjan V., 2005. "Financial intermediation as a beliefs-bridge between optimists and pessimists," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 535-569, March.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Napoleon, Bourses, and Growth in Latin America,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6806, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2003.
"Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth,"
CSEF Working Papers
96, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2005. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 135-149, 05.
- K Blackburn & N Bose & S Capasso, 2001. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 07, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1999. "Universal Banking in Pre-World War I Germany: Model or Myth?," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 305-343, October.
- Bougheas, Spiros, 2007. "Imperfect capital markets, income distribution and the choice of external finance: A financial equilibrium approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 507-520, September.
- Schertler, Andrea, 2002. "Path dependencies in venture capital markets," Kiel Working Papers 1120, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Levine, Ross, 2005.
"Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934
- Arnold, Lutz & Walz, Uwe, 2000.
"Financial regimes, capital structure, and growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-508, September.
- Albuquerque de Sousa, J.A. & Beck, T. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G. & van Dijk, M.A., 2016.
"Nascent markets: Understanding the success and failure of new stock markets,"
ISS Working Papers - General Series
623, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Albuquerque de Sousa, Jose & Beck, Thorsten & van Bergeijk, Peter & Van Dijk, Mathijs A, 2016. "Nascent markets: Understanding the success and failure of new stock markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 11604, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998.
"Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1900, The World Bank.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Lee, Bong-Soo, 2012. "Bank-based and market-based financial systems: Time-series evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 173-197.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns,"
in: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies, pages 159-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1998. "Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns," NBER Working Papers 6669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheng, Su-Yin, 2012. "Substitution or complementary effects between banking and stock markets: Evidence from financial openness in Taiwan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 508-520.
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Napoleón, bolsas y crecimiento en América Latina," Research Department Publications 4107, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D., 2001. "The impact of inflation on financial sector performance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 221-248, April.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2010.
"Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: Is it quantity or quality that matters?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1529-1545, December.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: is it quantity or quality that matters?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2006,02, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Hsien-Hung H. Yeh & Eduardo Roca, 2012. "Macroeconomic Conditions and Capital Structure over the Business Cycle: Further Evidence in the Context of Taiwan," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(S3), pages 141-156, September.
- Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2015. "Foreign ownership and stock return volatility – Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 101-109.
- Capasso, Salvatore, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth," WIDER Working Papers RP2006/102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated".
"Stock markets, banks and economic growth ,"
CERF Discussion Paper Series
95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Andreas Billmeier & Isabella Massa, 2007. "What Drives Stock Market Development in the Middle East and Central Asiaâ€”Institutions, Remittances, or Natural Resources?," IMF Working Papers 07/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Billmeier, Andreas & Massa, Isabella, 2009. "What drives stock market development in emerging markets--institutions, remittances, or natural resources?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-35, March.
- Ng, Adam & Ibrahim, Mansor H. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 2016. "Does trust contribute to stock market development?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 239-250.
- Igue, Charlemagne Babatoundé, 2013. "Intermédiation financière et croissance économique : une approche basée sur le concept d’efficacité-X appliquée à la zone UEMOA," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 89(1), pages 7-37, Mars.
- Catalan, Mario & Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R., 2000. "Contractual savings or stock market development - Which leads?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2421, The World Bank.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201504131154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valeriano F. García & Lin Liu, 1999. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Market Development," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 2, pages 29-59, May.
- Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D., 1999.
"The Use of Debt and Equity in Optimal Financial Contracts,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 270-316, October.
- John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith, 1996. "The use of debt and equity in optimal financial contracts," Working Papers 537, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Davide IACOVONI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2000.
"Legal System Efficiency, Information Production, and Technological Choice: A Banking Model,"
129, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Davide Iacoboni & Alberto Zazzaro, 2000. "Legal system efficiency, information production, and technological choice: a banking model," Heterogeneity and monetary policy 0005, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Veronika Dolar & Césaire Meh, 2002. "Financial Structure and Economic Growth: A Non-Technical Survey," Staff Working Papers 02-24, Bank of Canada.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2016. "Two Centuries of Finance and Growth in the United States, 1790-1980," NBER Working Papers 22652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Naceur, Samy & Ghazouani, Samir & Omran, Mohammed, 2008. "Does stock market liberalization spur financial and economic development in the MENA region?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 673-693, December.
- Andrea Schertler, 2002. "Path Dependencies in Venture Capital Markets," Kiel Working Papers 1120, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Khattab Ahmed & Mpabe Bodjongo Mathieu Juliot & Ihadiyan Abid, 2015. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Economic Growth: The Case of Maghreb Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 1043-1054.
- Ross Levine, 2000. "Are bank-based or market-based financial systems better?," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 3(1), pages 25-55, April.
- Bishnu Prasad Gautam Ph. D., 2015. "Role of Financial Development in Economic Growth of Nepal: An Empirical Analysis," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 27(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Hiroko Oura, 2008. "Financial Development and Growth in India; A Growing Tiger in a Cage?," IMF Working Papers 08/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Bishnu Prasad Gautam Ph.D., 2014. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Nepal," NRB Working Paper 25/2014, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Kobeissi, Nada & Wang, Haizhi & Zhou, Mingming, 2015.
"Banking structure, marketization and small business development: Regional evidence from China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
11/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Nada Kobeissi & Haizhi Wang & Mingming Zhou, 2015. "Banking Structure, Marketization, and Small Business Development: Regional Evidence From China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 487-510, 08.
- Bose, Niloy, 2005. "Endogenous growth and the emergence of equity finance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 173-188, June.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Mohtadi, Hamid, 2004. "Financial markets and the financing choice of firms: Evidence from developing countries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 57-70.
- Bolbol, Ali A. & Fatheldin, Ayten & Omran, Mohammed M., 2005. "Financial development, structure, and economic growth: the case of Egypt, 1974-2002," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 171-194, March.