Joint determination of food consumption and production in rural Sierra Leone : Estimates of a household-firm model
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kavand, Hossein & Heidary, Khalil, 2007. "Evaluation the Effect of Food Subsidy Reduction on Iranian Household Calorie Intake: VAR Application," Miscellaneous Publications 32659, Statistical Research and Training Center (Iran).
- Abdulai, Awudu & Aubert, Dominique, 2002. "Does Income Really Matter? Nonparametric and Parametric Estimates of the Demand for Calories in Tanzania," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24863, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rola-Rubzen, Maria Fay & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1999. "Intra-Household Modelling Farm-Household Systems," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 124542, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 2016. "Food Prices, Wages, And Welfare In Rural India," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 159-176, January.
- Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, François, 2000. "Consumption and nutrition: age - intake profiles for Czechoslovakia 1989 - 1992," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-63, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Seshan, Ganesh, 2005. "The impact of trade liberalization on household welfare in vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3541, The World Bank.
- Ecker, Olivier & Mabiso, Athur & Kennedy, Adam & Diao, Xinshen 22905, 2011. "Making agriculture pro-nutrition: Opportunities in Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 1124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard Tiffin & P. J. Dawson, 2002. "The Demand for Calories: Some Further Estimates from Zimbabwe," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 221-232, July.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen, "undated". "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Price and Income Related Shocks in Malawi and Uganda," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-014, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Working Papers 890, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Daniel LaFave & Duncan Thomas, 2016.
"Farms, Families, and Markets: New Evidence on Completeness of Markets in Agricultural Settings,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 84, pages 1917-1960, September.
- Daniel LaFave & Duncan Thomas, 2014. "Farms, Families, and Markets: New Evidence on Completeness of Markets in Agricultural Settings," NBER Working Papers 20699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel LaFave & Duncan Thomas, 2016. "Farms, Families, and Markets: New Evidence on the Completeness of Markets in Agricultural Settings," Working Papers id:10941, eSocialSciences.
- Eric Edmonds, 2007. "Personal Well-Being During Growth," Working Papers id:1027, eSocialSciences.
- Andrew Dillon & Kevin McGee & Gbemisola Oseni, 2015.
"Agricultural Production, Dietary Diversity and Climate Variability,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(8), pages 976-995, August.
- Dillon,Andrew S. & Mcgee,Kevin Robert & Siwatu,Gbemisola Oseni & Dillon,Andrew S. & Mcgee,Kevin Robert & Siwatu,Gbemisola Oseni, 2014. "Agricultural production, dietary diversity, and climate variability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7022, The World Bank.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2010. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," NBER Working Papers 16102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilanjana Roy, 2001. "A semiparametric analysis of calorie response to income change across income groups and gender," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 93-109.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2018. "Household Fuel Use in Rural China," Working Papers halshs-01735847, HAL.
- Mwabu, Germano, 2007. "Health Economics for Low-Income Countries," Center Discussion Papers 10118, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2010. "Does increase in women's income relative to men's income increase food calorie intake in poor households? Evidence from Nigeria," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 239-249, May.
- Merfeld, Joshua D., 2020. "Smallholders, Market Failures, and Agricultural Production: Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 13682, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Vincenzo Di Maro & Teresa González‐Cossío & Sonia Rodríguez Ramírez, 2009. "Nutrient consumption and household income in rural Mexico," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(6), pages 657-675, November.
- De Zhou & Xiaohua Yu, 2015.
"Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 575-601.
- Zhou, De & Yu, Xiaohua, 2014. "Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 168529, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Michelson, Hope & Galford, Gillian, 2016. "Agricultural Production Subsidies and Child Health: Evidence from Malawi," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236815, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ruth Miquel & François Laisney, 1999. "Consumption and Nutrition:Age - Intake Profiles for Czechoslovakia," Working Papers of BETA 9921, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2008. "Income and Price Elasticities of Food Demand and Nutrient Consumption in Malawi," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6349, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- San Ahmed, Arsalan & Holloway, Garth John, 2017. "Calories, conflict and correlates: Redistributive food security in post-conflict Iraq," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 89-99.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Policies: An Empirical Study for Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 412-428, March.
- Kira M. Villa & Christopher B. Barrett & David R. Just, 2011. "Differential Nutritional Responses across Various Income Sources Among East African Pastoralists: Intrahousehold Effects, Missing Markets and Mental Accounting," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(2), pages 341-375, March.
- Aromolaran, Adebayo B., 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Center Discussion Papers 28450, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona, 2016.
"Analyzing nutritional impacts of price and income related shocks in Malawi: Simulating household entitlements to food,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 31-43.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Ramona Rischke, 2015. "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Price and Income Related Shocks in Malawi: Simulating Household Entitlements to Food," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 166, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Badrun Nessa Ahmed & Hermann Waibel, 2019. "The role of homestead fish ponds for household nutrition security in Bangladesh," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(4), pages 835-854, August.
- Nolan Miller & Robert Jensen, 2015. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," Working Papers id:7494, eSocialSciences.
- Ferda HALICIOGLU, 2012. "The Demand for Calories in Turkey," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(316), pages 93-108.
- Teklu, T., 1996. "Food demand studies in Sub-Saharan Africa: a survey of empirical evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 479-496, December.
- Mohammad Ali & Kira M. Villa & Janak Joshi, 2018. "Health and hunger: nutrient response to income depending on caloric availability in Nepal," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(5), pages 611-621, September.
- von Hinke, Stephanie & Leckie, George, 2017. "Protecting energy intakes against income shocks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 210-232.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Vincenzo Di Maro & Teresa Gonzales-Cassio & Sonia Rodriguez, 2006. "The Effect of Income on Demand for Micronutrients in Poor Rural Mexico," Discussion Papers 20_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Novenario-Reese, Mary Jane G., 1997. "The determinants of demand for micronutrients," FCND discussion papers 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Udayanganie, A.D.D. & Prasada, Dickwella Vidanage Pahan & Kodithuwakku, K.A.S.S. & Weerahewa, Jeevika & Little, D.C., 2006. "Efficiency Of The Agrochemical Input Usage In The Paddy Farming Systems In The Dry Zone Of Sri Lanka," Annual Meeting, 2006, May 25-28, Montreal, Quebec 34181, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Chowdhury, Shyamal K., 2003. "Access To Information And Factor Market Participation: Adjustments Of Land And Labour Margins Of Agricultural Households In Bangladesh," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25861, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- J. Taylor & Irma Adelman, 2003. "Agricultural Household Models: Genesis, Evolution, and Extensions," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 33-58, January.
- Annim, Samuel Kobina & Dasmani, Isaac & Armah, Mark, 2011. "Does Access and Use OF Financial Service Smoothen Household Food Consumption?," MPRA Paper 29278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Analyzing nutritional impacts of policies: An empirical study for Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 1017, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stephanie von Hinke & George Leckie, 2017. "Protecting Calorie Intakes against Income Shocks," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 17/684, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Fleming, Euan M. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1993. "Micro-Level Approaches to Analysing Rural Development Problems," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(02), pages 1-14, August.
- Diskin, Patrick K., 1994. "Understanding Linkages among Food Availability, Access, Consumption, and Nutrition in Africa: Empirical Findings and Issues from the Literature," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54707, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Xiaohui Hou, 2010. "Can Drought Increase Total Calorie Availability? The Impact of Drought on Food Consumption and the Mitigating Effects of a Conditional Cash Transfer Program," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 713-737, July.
- Ohri-Vachaspati, Punam & Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Kennedy, Eileen & Goldberg, Jeanne P., 1998. "The effects of data collection methods on calorie-expenditure elasticity estimates: a study from the Dominican Republic," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 295-304, November.
- Daniel R. LaFave & Evan D. Peet & Duncan Thomas, 2020. "Farm Profits, Prices and Household Behavior," NBER Working Papers 26636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.