The impact of trade liberalization on household welfare in vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2002.
"Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions,"
benjamin-02-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Loren Brandt & Dwayne Benjamin, 2002. "Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 519, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2002.
"Property rights, labour markets, and efficiency in a transition economy: the case of rural China,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 689-716, November.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2000. "Property Rights, Labor Markets, and Efficiency in a Transition Economy: The Case of Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-00-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Loren Brandt & Dwayne Benjamin, 2002. "Property Rights, Labour Markets, and Efficiency in a Transition Economy: The Case of Rural China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 518, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1992. "Household Composition, Labor Markets, and Labor Demand: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 287-322, March.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1995. "Can unobserved land quality explain the inverse productivity relationship?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 51-84, February.
- Porto, Guido G., 2003. "Trade reforms, market access, and poverty in Argentina," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3135, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 2002.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 14101.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Dominique van de Walle & Dorothyjean Cratty, 2004.
"Is the emerging non-farm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(2), pages 237-274, June.
- Van der Walle, Dominique & Cratty, Dorothyjean, 2003. "Is the emerging nonfarm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2950, The World Bank.
- Strauss, John, 1984. "Joint determination of food consumption and production in rural Sierra Leone : Estimates of a household-firm model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 77-103.
- Jacoby, H.G., 1990. "Shadow Wages And Peasant Family Labor Supply; An Econometric Application To The Peruvian Sierra," Papers 73, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Patricia Justino & Julie Litchfield, 2003. "Poverty Dynamics in Rural Vietnam: Winners and Losers During Reform," PRUS Working Papers 10, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2004. "Trade, Inequality, and Poverty: What Do We Know? Evidence from Recent Trade Liberalization Episodes in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 10593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "The impact on poverty of food pricing reforms: A welfare analysis for Indonesia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-299.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Who benefited from trade liberalization in Mexico? Measuring the effects on household welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3265, The World Bank.
- L. Alan Winters, 2002. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty: What are the Links?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9), pages 1339-1367, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bakhshoodeh, M., 2010. "Impacts of world prices transmission to domestic rice markets in rural Iran," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-19, February.
- Klytchnikova, Irina & Diop, Ndiame, 2006. "Trade reforms, farm productivity, and poverty in Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3980, The World Bank.
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 2015.
"Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 80-91.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Vegetable Commercialization: Evidence from Smallholder Producers in Kenya," Discussion Papers 166029, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Jones, Nicola & Nguyen, Ngoc Anh & Nguyen, Thu Hang, 2007. "Trade liberalisation and intra-household poverty in Vietnam: a q2 social impact analysis," MPRA Paper 4206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuong Viet Nguyen, 2009. "Does production of traded agricultural products help poverty reduction? evidence from Vietnam," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 726-735.
- Mohammad Bakhshoodeh, 2008. "Impacts of World Prices Transmission to Domestic Markets and Welfare of Marginal Households: An Empirical Application to Rice in Iran," Working Papers 399, Economic Research Forum, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Vincent Leyaro & Oliver Morrissey & Trudy Owens, "undated". "Food Price Changes and Consumer Welfare in Tanzania 1991 – 2007," Discussion Papers 10/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Nguyen, Anh & Jones, Nicola, 2006. "Vietnam’s Trade Liberalisation: Potential Impacts on Child Well-being," MPRA Paper 1385, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Viet Cuong, Nguyen, 2010. "Does Agriculture Help Poverty and Inequality Reduction? Evidence from Vietnam," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), January.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to Markets; Crops&Crop Management Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Markets and Market Access;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-12-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-14 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2005-12-14 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .